Sullivan and Cogliano

Updated September 23, 2014
Updated September 23, 2014
3.1

CEO

Sullivan and Cogliano has provided the tools and resources for me to be successful and continuously support our clients.

Current Employee - Enterprise Account Manager in Waltham, MA
    Current Employee - Enterprise Account Manager in Waltham, MA

I have been working at Sullivan and Cogliano full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Great Compensation plan. Flexibility to work remotely. Customer first attitude. Easy access to top management for strategic planning and any problem escalations that need to be addressed in a timely manner.

Cons

Commute can be tough. Industry has a high turnover rate and I would like to see S&C hold on to employees by showing them the career path that has been developed.

Continue to bring on new employees and promote from within. Consider more remote working options as commute issues can be an issue.

Technical Recruiter

Current Employee - Technical Recruiter
    Current Employee - Technical Recruiter

I have been working at Sullivan and Cogliano full-time

Pros

S&C is a private IT contract staffing firm, who has been in business for over 46 years. They understand and have great passion for the Staffing Industry. Here are some of the pros of working here:
    -Laid back atmosphere
    -Excellent Work Life Balance
    -Excellent Staff Support
    -Company has a "growing" mindset.

Cons

Just like any other agency, times can be like a roller coaster, but that is just the nature of the Industry. One con that comes to mind, though is the dress code is too corporate.

No more Ties!!

DONT WORK HERE

I have been working at Sullivan and Cogliano

Pros

They are fair with time off and helping you out if your in a bind. They are nice people and mean well.

Cons

You wont make money there

Stop dating each other and realize that there is a cancer in the company who is rude, annoying, never there, and negative

My peers were great, but management is definitely lacking.

Former Employee - Resource Manager in Waltham, MA
    Former Employee - Resource Manager in Waltham, MA

I worked at Sullivan and Cogliano full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The other recruiters, including the more senior members, were great. If I had a question, they were always very approachable and helpful.

Cons

S&C sounds like it was once a great place to work, but this seems to have changed drastically over the last few years. While my peers were very helpful and professional, the same cannot be said of most of those at the manager level. Managers either love you or hate you, and unfortunately they make it very obvious when they do not like you. Once you finish training, which is usually between 1-2 weeks, management has little to do with employee training/development. At times, it was very scary to ask certain managers questions as you never knew if the response will be positive or negative. The managers were hardly ever on the same page and at times it was a very uncomfortable environment to work in as they would openly argue.

Most of their jobs come from the same vendor and are short term/low paying. They don't put in too much effort to get new accounts. Since most of their jobs come from a VMS, you do not get a lot of information when it comes to job descriptions, interview process, etc.

Employee turnover is always high in the staffing industry, but it seems especially high at S&C.

Aim to create a less stressful environment where your employees feel welcome and comfortable. Work harder to get new accounts.

Good company to work for.

Former Employee - Client PC Deployment Technician in Sacramento, CA
    Former Employee - Client PC Deployment Technician in Sacramento, CA

I worked at Sullivan and Cogliano part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Had a good work atmosphere and very friendly helpful people and had no problems while I was working with them. If I had any questions I needed answered I was able to reach the right person for help which made the job much easier.

Cons

Wasnt long term and pay was ok could have been better. No opportunity for long term work mostly short term work.

Great people, bad communication

Former Employee - Technician in Portland, OR
    Former Employee - Technician in Portland, OR

I worked at Sullivan and Cogliano as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Work was engaging and pay was pretty average for contract work that was done. The people I got to work with on-site were all great.

Cons

Communication between contractors and Sullivan and Cogliano was not that great. Wrong times and emails were sent on occasion from members of the Sullivan and Cogliano team, but thankfully worked out on-site with little further issue by the project manager. Overall, cons were minor for this type of work and mostly par for the course.

I was reviewed as an outstanding technician and customer service provider.

Former Employee - Client PC Deployment Technician in Richmond, VA
    Former Employee - Client PC Deployment Technician in Richmond, VA

I worked at Sullivan and Cogliano as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

As a IT resource provider, they contact me for every opportunity to work.

Cons

Sometimes the client may not compensate to industry standards

Consider the reviews of your contracted resources and use these to sell your services

Unfortunately, going downhill...again.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA

I worked at Sullivan and Cogliano full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

The CEO leadership style is proactive, engaging, supportive and involved. Wonderful people. They really want to improve and do well for everyone. Can get much better again.

Cons

Things have gotten sloppy and uninspired since a change in top leadership - CEO handed it off to a family member. People leave all the time. Seems like no one is minding the store and no one is training or developing people - top leadership seems to rather fire and hire new people than work with the staff. Awkward 'relationships' get in the way. Always blame others but not themselves.

They know what needs to happen but due to family and 'other' relationship issues nothing will change. They are decent people but can't seem to do the right things to keep growing. Bring back the much loved CEO and his ways. That leader was working well but not working well as it is now.

Lack of Communication and compensation

Former Employee - Deployment Tech in Pittsburgh, PA
    Former Employee - Deployment Tech in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at Sullivan and Cogliano as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

I can not think of anything positive. Meaning in the manner that they are better than other companies.

Cons

My contract was cancelled and I was not told before my first day of work. I informed the representative of S&C that I drove to the destination and we went upstairs as a group then over the next half hour I was informed that I was not on the list because the project went from 2 - 3 weeks to 2 days.

I was snickered at while I inquired about payment for orientation. The company did not want to pay me for 4 orientation hours. After I made it clear this was nonprofessional then I was told they would pay for an hour . My experience workers are paid for these mistakes.

It has now been over a week later. I asked payroll when i would have an update on the issue and I was told "I have an hour lunch and then however long it takes me to get an answer"

Great Experience

Former Employee - Migration Engineer in Saratoga Springs, NY
    Former Employee - Migration Engineer in Saratoga Springs, NY

I worked at Sullivan and Cogliano full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Professional recruiters, took time to make sure you understood job exactly and spent extra time making sure you got paid.

Cons

Short term work but not really a con as this is what they provide a lot of.