Summit Broadband

CEO

POOR MANAGEMENT AND ENVIRINMENT

Former Employee - Hybrid in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Hybrid in Orlando, FL

I worked at Summit Broadband full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Competitive pay and free water!

Cons

Poor management. Company location was built for 30 employees and they are trying to squeeze 150! Seating is poor and temporary. Technical agents are paid to be actors and not technical support--throw your education out the door! You will be taking calls for every product-TV, internet and phone and working sales orders and new customers, in well managed call centers (Brighthouse )tech support calls are handled by seasoned technicians.work orders are done by customer service agents so that can focus on fixing the technical issue and not spend time on orders. Software tools are useless , be prepared to use over 14 applications to do your job and more if you are a "hybrid" that is a tech and a CSRall in one". Do not try to give any opinions on improving the system because it will be taken as a complaint and you will be put on a crap list for a future "write-up"get your own health insurance and never tell them any of your personal business. If they call you for an interview ---RUN!!

If you want to offer the best in technology start from the bottom and take care of your employees first. Stop trying to be like "ABC" company and be your own brand--because fortunately no one knows who you are, but if they do, you only have a poor reputation, if that's what you are going for--you are right on track!! Sell R.Pardy get off this ride its going nowhere fast! Sell Orlando Telephone to a large Corporation and let someone who knows what they are doing take over. , they will soon be talking about how good the merger was.

It pays my bills

Current Employee - Service Tech
    Current Employee - Service Tech

I have been working at Summit Broadband full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The money is decent compared to what I could be making elsewhere locally.

Cons

The leadearship is the worst I have ever worked for. Customers constant issues are not properly worked to the end of the problem. The ball is dropped here daily because of lack of full game plans and follow thru on managements part. The customer facing frontline employees take all the heat knowing full well that most of the never ending issues customers face will probably never be fully resolved. That sucks from an employee standpoint knowing you have to blow smoke up some customers wazoos to move on to the next fire. I feel bad for alot of our customers knowing the frustration thay have to endure and not being able to take their problem to full resolution through all the departments and red tape here.

Richard Pardy needs to be a whole lot more involved in his company, especially in the swfla market. And that doesnt mean send his son to spy and report back. Get involved and stop letting our companies reputation down here get more and more smeared everyday. Listen to the employees, not just management who dont face the bulk of customers issues everyday like we do. Get material, tool, personell and support issues resolved asap instead of doing nothing for months or even a year or more like I have seen here. We are winning some battles, but we are losing the war Pardy. SOS!!!

TSR

I have been working at Summit Broadband full-time

Pros

Pay is good but you will be doing everything

Cons

management moved from comcast so they trying to make it like comcast