Summit Broadband Reviews

CEO

1. Great people awful work environment

Former Employee - IP Engineering/NOC Manager in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - IP Engineering/NOC Manager in Orlando, FL

I worked at Summit Broadband full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There are some really good talented people

Cons

I am surprised that this company is actually still in operation

Advice to Management

Already told them to treat employees like normal people

2. A confused company

Former Employee - Tier II Tech Support in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Tier II Tech Support in Orlando, FL

I worked at Summit Broadband

Pros

Best pay in the industry. I know people who work for other ISPs that don't make close to the same hourly rate as a tech support rep.
    Amazing co-workers. Everybody is more than happy to help if there is a process or policy that you might not know.
    Floor management is aware of the current pain points and do what they can to help.

Cons

Company is growing itself faster than it can handle. They bring in people that don't have anywhere to sit but don't bring in people fast enough to handle the surge of calls during the busy season. This results in long hold times that the customer then take out on us. Additionally, they are taking on new properties without ensuring that the current ones are working properly.
    Don't learn from their mistakes. They reuse contractors that already did a horrible job previously.
    Management is horrible at communication towards the employees on the phones. There were times that customers were aware of company changes before we were.

Advice to Management

Let your employees know what is going on in the company.
    Upper management, don't pretend that your floor people don't exist. They are the ones interacting directly with your primary source of income and take the hits when you make a mistake.

3. If You Want To Be Lead Astray

Former Employee - Hybrid Tech/SCR in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Hybrid Tech/SCR in Orlando, FL

I worked at Summit Broadband full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good pay but that's it!

Cons

Human resources spends more time gossiping about employees and then puts on a happy face. If you don't play by their rules such as not to point out issues and make suggestions as to how they can be fixed, then you're a trouble maker. The company's service levels are never met so they continue to have you mislead customers and give out more credit to make them go away. Their systems are out of date and again, when you try to help them you're considered a trouble maker. You have to be careful when applying to places like this because the turn over ratio should be your "Red Flag". I have seen a lot a people go in my short time.If you decide to work there, get ready to kiss a lot of tail.

Advice to Management

I have no advice for the management staff because they are all programmed to fire you and development is not an option.

POOR MANAGEMENT AND ENVIRINMENT

Former Employee - Hybrid in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Hybrid in Orlando, FL

I worked at Summit Broadband full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Competitive pay and free water!

Cons

Poor management. Company location was built for 30 employees and they are trying to squeeze 150! Seating is poor and temporary. Technical agents are paid to be actors and not technical support--throw your education out the door! You will be taking calls for every product-TV, internet and phone and working sales orders and new customers, in well managed call centers (Brighthouse )tech support calls are handled by seasoned technicians.work orders are done by customer service agents so that can focus on fixing the technical issue and not spend time on orders. Software tools are useless , be prepared to use over 14 applications to do your job and more if you are a "hybrid" that is a tech and a CSRall in one". Do not try to give any opinions on improving the system because it will be taken as a complaint and you will be put on a crap list for a future "write-up"get your own health insurance and never tell them any of your personal business. If they call you for an interview ---RUN!!

Advice to Management

If you want to offer the best in technology start from the bottom and take care of your employees first. Stop trying to be like "ABC" company and be your own brand--because fortunately no one knows who you are, but if they do, you only have a poor reputation, if that's what you are going for--you are right on track!! Sell R.Pardy get off this ride its going nowhere fast! Sell Orlando Telephone to a large Corporation and let someone who knows what they are doing take over. , they will soon be talking about how good the merger was.

It pays my bills

Current Employee - Service Tech
    Current Employee - Service Tech

I have been working at Summit Broadband full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The money is decent compared to what I could be making elsewhere locally.

Cons

The leadearship is the worst I have ever worked for. Customers constant issues are not properly worked to the end of the problem. The ball is dropped here daily because of lack of full game plans and follow thru on managements part. The customer facing frontline employees take all the heat knowing full well that most of the never ending issues customers face will probably never be fully resolved. That sucks from an employee standpoint knowing you have to blow smoke up some customers wazoos to move on to the next fire. I feel bad for alot of our customers knowing the frustration thay have to endure and not being able to take their problem to full resolution through all the departments and red tape here.

Advice to Management

Richard Pardy needs to be a whole lot more involved in his company, especially in the swfla market. And that doesnt mean send his son to spy and report back. Get involved and stop letting our companies reputation down here get more and more smeared everyday. Listen to the employees, not just management who dont face the bulk of customers issues everyday like we do. Get material, tool, personell and support issues resolved asap instead of doing nothing for months or even a year or more like I have seen here. We are winning some battles, but we are losing the war Pardy. SOS!!!

7. TSR

I have been working at Summit Broadband full-time

Pros

Pay is good but you will be doing everything

Cons

management moved from comcast so they trying to make it like comcast

RSS Feed </> Embed