Summit Consulting Partners

Updated September 17, 2014
Updated September 17, 2014
3.8

CEO

Great experience and friends!

Former Employee - Administrator  in  Salt Lake City, UT
    Former Employee - Administrator in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at Summit Consulting Partners full-time for more than a year

Pros

I learned so much from this job. I learned how to interact well with all types of people. I learned how to be comfortable public speaking for large crowds at a time. I became self-confident with my self and my job. I woke up happy and excited to go to work. The work was fun and rewarding and I was actually friends with my co-workers.

Cons

I got married and ended up moving or I would have made this a life-long career. I was so sad to leave.

Keep everyone informed of upcoming conferences. I was able to do a lot of traveling when I was with a company and I will always be grateful for that. Plus, the conferences are an incredible opportunity to learn and network.

Jump on Board with this Company

Former Employee - Account Representative  in  Salt Lake City, UT
    Former Employee - Account Representative in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at Summit Consulting Partners as an intern for more than a year

Pros

This company offers rapid advancement. They are growing and expanding. I would join in early to grow alongside them. Great training program and very ambitious people in the company. Good people, good work.

Cons

I am used to an environment where you wait for your promotions, seniority does matter. This job is different - seniority doesn't matter. Not sure if that's a good or bad thing..

The training program was great. I would recommend study materials to take home overnight as an added bonus.

The skills and experience gained are invaluable!

Former Employee - Team Leader  in  Salt Lake City, UT
    Former Employee - Team Leader in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at Summit Consulting Partners full-time for less than a year

Pros

The environment and people are very upbeat and excited to start each day. Every day I went into the office I was pumped to start my day. Also the fact that you are learning everyday from meetings specifically for people at different stages in their career means that you are in a constantly growing. The skills and experience that you gain in this office are invaluable and transferable to any career you decide on, even if it isn't with this company.

Cons

-3 rounds of interviews
    -1 week training at a base pay
    -MUST be able to talk to people

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Excellent Internship with Awesome Individuals

Current Employee - Intern  in  Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Intern in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Summit Consulting Partners as an intern for less than a year

Pros

There are many pro's to accepting a career at Summit Consulting Partners. The first and most important is the hands on management training program. In this program they coach and guide you into becoming a successful leader and manager. The second pro to this job is working with the friendliest individuals in the Salt Lake region. Each person within the company is willing to help you in any way possible. Lastly, this job gives you the necessary skills that can be applied to any career path; but in all honesty once you start your career at Summit Consulting Partners you will not want to leave.

Cons

Your work ethic and attitude are the two things that you have direct control over. So this, comes the saying "work hard, play hard." If you aren't willing to give this job 100% then your results will not be what you desire.

My only advice to management would be to make sure that the administrators have an awesome time in the Bahamas for all the hard work that they put in each and every day.
    It would also be nice if you ask the building owners to install a coke machine! :)

Great Internship Opportunitites

I have been working at Summit Consulting Partners full-time for less than a year

Pros

I interned here for the summer. It was fun, hard work and so rewarding! I learned more than I thought possible in only a few months. I learned all the ins and outs of business and how to do a variety of things. Everything I learned will help me in the future. I know a lot more about people and how to interact in a variety of situations.

Cons

I am heading back to school but otherwise I would have stayed and made this a career!

Thank you for taking the time to coach and train me on a daily and weekly basis. I took notes and learned from every meeting!

Deceitful Practices, Im glad I did research before I wasted any of my time

I worked at Summit Consulting Partners full-time

Pros

I got a call from Annie, she sounded really professional and enthusiastic. It sounded like an excellent opportunity for for a fresh out of college grad. I really believed that this was a legitimate marketing firm. I was excited to finally get a career started

Cons

They really spice up and make the job seem super legitimate but the fact is that they are door-to door sales; 3 rounds of interviews, they never disclose what the job is, just the same "fortune 500, fortune 100 vague blah blah" garbage. You do door to door sales for Clearlink in neighborhood throughout Salt Lake.

Be honest about the job, you are wasting peoples time with legitimate qualifications in marketing/accounting.

It was great, awesome team and very fun!

Pros

the team is great and the opportunity is amazing the work is fun and easy

Cons

the schedule is from 12:00-8:30 you have to drive to location.

Amazing learning experience

Former Employee - Account Manager  in  Salt Lake City, UT
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at Summit Consulting Partners full-time for more than a year

Pros

I sincerely have to say that in the year I spent with the company I learned more than I ever have at any other position. Every one in the company goes out of their way to continually teach others, including people that have been around for a month to those who have been there for longer- including management. This is a great way for recent college grads to gain experience in the real business world. The concepts taught are those that will relate to any kind of business. Direct sales, face to face interactions, ability to problem solve and self management are practiced intensively to the point of mastery.

Take advantage of the resources that are provided

Cons

Not necessarily a con, but a piece of advice: if you want something to get done make sure to follow up. Everyone in the company maintains a pretty busy schedule.

Continue to be involved

Career path where hard work pays off

Pros

The set up for how someone gets promoted in this company is different than I have ever seen. I have worked for marketing/sales companies before who base everything off of sales and money. They would always promote the best salespeople the fastest. Summit does it differently. They reward someone for working hard and becoming a great trainer with very little to no emphasis on sales. They also focus more on teaching leadership than salesmanship. It's a refreshing way to look at this industry.

Cons

Takes a few weeks to get the first paycheck which is a little annoying.

Keep rewarding hard workers above people who are just talented at sales. Its a fair way to run your business and I believe the main reason with the company is growing. Don't hire people who make excuses and complain because they aren't willing to put the work in.

Summit Consulting Partners Response

Mar 25, 2014CEO

Thank you for the feedback. A huge goal of ours is to reward someone on their effort and work ethic, as opposed to their tenure within the company. We like to level the playing field for everyone ... More

Positive and energetic environment

Former Employee - Account Executive  in  Salt Lake City, UT
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at Summit Consulting Partners full-time for less than a year

Pros

The people were great. Very friendly, outgoing and seemed to actually want to get to know new people. Not cut throat like other marketing companies I have worked for. Some people even went out of their way to meet with me before work, bought me coffee and talked about goals. Cool to have co-workers who care like that.

Cons

My background check "failed" because of a charge I had 5 years ago. Even though I have had no other issues since I was told I could not work with them anymore. They were nice about it but I am not that person anymore so it was kind of unfair.

The environment is great- keep up with positive attitude of the office. Just try to be more lenient with good people who have charges that aren't a problem anymore.

Summit Consulting Partners Response

Mar 15, 2014President

Thank you for recognizing out positive and energetic culture. We apologize that your background check was not approved. Those stipulations are dictated by our clients, despite what our personal ... More

Worked for Summit Consulting Partners? Contribute to the Community!