Summit Consulting

Updated January 16, 2015
Updated January 16, 2015
3.9

Albert J. Lee

Great company to work for

Current Employee - Manager in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Manager in Washington, DC

I have been working at Summit Consulting full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Technical, challenging, interesting, and relevant work supporting the Federal Government's biggest agencies. Use what you actually studied in school.

Cons

None that I can think of

Give you lots of work but little growth and fulfillment of the promises they make.

Current Employee - Senior Analyst in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Senior Analyst in Washington, DC

I have been working at Summit Consulting full-time (less than an year)

Pros

They give you lots of work and responsibility from day one. You don't feel like you aren't busy.

Cons

Worked 60 hours a week consecutively and deceptive about how the overtime bonus will play out. They tell you anything to get you in the door about how they will give you the ability to grow in any direction with any skillset you want, but that doesn't happen. They only want you to double down on the skills that you already have and don't alternate workers onto other projects to prevent them from being dissatisfied with their work - even though they claim that they will. Work you 60 hours a week and then say hey it's ok by taking you to happy hour and getting black out drunk. I gained 20 lb from a lack of work/life balance and the constant peer pressure from coworkers to drink. Also they give you laptops that weigh 20 lb. So working from home is a myth. You are just on call 24/7.

Fix the cons. Stop framing them as a positive sell when you make them nothing but negative.

Summit Consulting Response

Nov 4, 2014CEO

Thank you for your valuable feedback. We are sorry to hear your concerns about work-life balance and professional development. We encourage you to connect with our Human Capital Manager or Human ... More

A great company to work for

I have been working at Summit Consulting full-time

Pros

A lot of growth potential. Junior staff get a lot greater responsibility than they do at other firms. There's also a lot of variety in the work, much more so than at other firms that do government contracting. Lots of smart, friendly staff. Lots of professional development opportunities offered, such as going to training, internal trainings, etc.

Cons

The management of overhead issues like IT and office space leaves something to be desired. Due to the major growth, sometimes projects are understaffed at first, and take a while to get staffed up to an appropriate level. That leads to some late nights, but that's limited.

Great Place to Work

Current Employee - Claims in Lakeland, FL
    Current Employee - Claims in Lakeland, FL

I have been working at Summit Consulting full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Throughout my tenure with Summit I have met some great people. Most of the employees are very down to earth and helpful. There is lots of flexibility with time off, which is beneficial to those with young children.

Cons

Only cons are that the culture of the company is changing due to recent economic trends. It was a much better place to work when I first started.

Help promote young individuals who are furthering their education.

Loved working at Summit

Former Employee - Senior Analyst in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Senior Analyst in Washington, DC

I worked at Summit Consulting full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Summit is a great company, with a great leader who sets the tone for success. They truly care about their employees, and invest in their professional development in a way I haven't seen at other companies. I learned so much working there, and the company truly cares about doing its work well and looking out for the best interest of its employees.

Cons

Some of the senior employees do not have a work-life balance, and expect the same of their subordinates, but for the most part it is a wonderful place to work.

The fast paced company enable you to try different things and apply your expertise to numerous projects.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I have been working at Summit Consulting

Pros

Fast growing company which offer high quality service to clients.

Cons

Flexible time.
    Easy-going colleagues.
    Good salary.

Great Place to Work

Former Employee - Graphic Designer
    Former Employee - Graphic Designer

I worked at Summit Consulting as a contractor

Pros

Good working environment, great people to work with, stable company.

Cons

Not geared toward creativity, not technically supportive of creative staff