Summit Funding Reviews

1. Great!

Current Employee - Loan Partner in Elk Grove, CA
    Current Employee - Loan Partner in Elk Grove, CA

I have been working at Summit Funding full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company treats you well, room for growth with them this is now just a filler for them because they won't let me pass. Want to stop writing but I can't

Cons

Maybe under pay some of the non loan originating employees but other than that no complaints. Todd scrima is the man

I enjoy waking up and coming into work every single day!!

Current Employee - Loan Partner in Chico, CA
    Current Employee - Loan Partner in Chico, CA

I have been working at Summit Funding full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The environment is up-beat and positive! Co-workers offer assistance and are willing to help each other out when needed. I appreciate my pay and the benefits are a great bonus as well! Since the first day I began working here I have felt right at home. The office is a big family who all genuinely care about one another and the branch manager makes himself very available for any questions and truly cares about his team. I hope to be with this company forever.

Cons

I have only worked here for a couple of months but I have not been dissatisfied with any person or situation.

ON THE ROAD TO IMPROVEMENT (MAYBE)

I worked at Summit Funding full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Todd Scrima, the owner of Summit Funding, genuinely cares about his employees. He's down to earth & he will do what he can to help. He holds himself to a very high standard. This company has GREAT sales motivation & programs in place to help you become a good sales leader. However, if you are at a remote branch in a different state, his attitude & work ethic have very little bearing on your manager & superiors at your office.

Cons

Being at a remote office versus corporate gives your superiors the "right" to basically do what they want & get away with taking advantage of people, switching their pay grades, changing their titles without their consent, etc. The training is terrible (mostly because it's non-existent) & the stress level is HIGH because it's sink or swim every day, and unless you find a co-worker who graciously volunteers to help even though they have their own heavy workload, that's the only way you'll make it. Their basic webinar trainings are worthless. Also, their Operations department is caring & they try, but they are TERRIBLE as far as knowledge & efficiency goes. Everyone is overworked & underpaid (except the LO's). Inexperienced underwriting. Very hard to compete with other companies because they have higher rates & disappointing turn times.

Advice to Management

Get to know your branch managers better. Eliminate their micro-managing tendencies & eliminate the negative ones that sit around & collect a paycheck while they break their employees' backs. Pay attention when particular branches/people have the HIGHEST turnover ever. Make Rick Ruby stop bullying people. Also, implement REAL training. In office one-on-one training so your employees feel prepared & don't make mistakes all the time.

5. Terrible place to work - terrible manager in Chico who only cares about himself, and SLOW turn times on loans

Current Employee - Loan Officer in Chico, CA
    Current Employee - Loan Officer in Chico, CA

I have been working at Summit Funding full-time (More than a year)

Pros

compensation is just "comparable" Tracy in Chico is pleasant to work with. But nothing more to say from there.

Cons

They set you up to fail, unless you are a frat type, forget it, you wont fit in. They run the office in Chico like a frat house, and if you aren't in the "click" your only a person to add some numbers to the wall. Training is terrible and needs so much work, there is no support in making sure the employees have what they need, and the manager certainly doesn't care, if your not selling it is easier to let you go than spend some time away from his activities of the day (golfing, playing pool, etc....) to help you out. I would not recommend this office to anyone. working or needing a loan.

Advice to Management

I don't have advise for the Chico Manager, but rather the upper management. There's more going on in Chico than you think, you may have the numbers from there, but the management is not good at all....

6. Best Company I Have Ever Worked For

Current Employee - Confidential in Sacramento, CA
    Current Employee - Confidential in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at Summit Funding full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Ethics are real, not just given lip service. The leadership holds themselves to even higher standards than they expect of the workforce. The owner of the company honestly cares more about having a great company than in making more money than everybody else at any cost - rare in this business. If you are a person who thrives on self-improvement and goal setting, you will never find a better place to work.

Cons

Sometimes the rules imposed by H.R. or Facilities can seem obnoxiously controlling and short sighted, but as time goes on, the overall good of everyone tends to win out, so you just have a couple of odd inconveniences. Fast paced and very demanding work environment - not for state worker mentality. If you are a person who doesn't feel the need to improve yourself or set goals, you will think the culture is weird and Stepford-wife like.

Advice to Management

Continue messaging the value of improving lives and developing great people!

7. Great Fit for Me

Current Employee - Corporate Department Manager in Sacramento, CA
    Current Employee - Corporate Department Manager in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at Summit Funding full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This company listens to its employees. We have a voice in our department meetings, our corporate meetings and if you want to be anonymous you can give your feedback on the regularly scheduled Culture tests that go to every employee in the company. Our Senior management is relevant and in touch with what is happening. Loan Officers can get an audience daily with the decision makers if they disagree with a loan decision. I have never felt more a part of a team striving to be great than I have at Summit Funding.

Cons

Can some really, really smart person please figure out how to moderate or predict the dramatic volume swings in the mortgage business? At Summit we have permission and are encouraged to hire ahead of the volume and are allowed as many temps as our department can use but with the craziness of this industry we still end up working long hours and giving it our all to keep our sales team and branches feeling supported. This is the case with every mortgage company and bank I have ever worked for. Where is the Nobel Prize Winning answer to this?

Advice to Management

Keep listening, keep caring, keep working to make us the BEST mortgage company. It is what sets us apart and what makes Summit THE place to work.

8. THE company to work for.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at Summit Funding full-time (More than a year)

Pros

After working here for the past 18 months I can honestly say that I have never been involved with a more incredible company. From day one, Summit has never left me wondering where I stand with the company. Every promise, every statement of intent has been delivered upon. The CEO and upper management truly make their employees feel like they matter, like their contributions and efforts are appreciated and acknowledged. I have worked hard here and been repaid in kind with promotions and other positive recognition.

The positive culture here is outstanding. We are regularly encouraged to acknowledge "Jobs Whale Done" among our peers. We are encouraged to have our own personalities and express them. We have a group of people in charge of 'Fun Seeking' to do team building activities and incorporate other ways to keep the work environment friendly and relieve stress.

The leadership here is amazing; there is not a single person in executive or upper management that I do not consider to be a role model and positive influence. How many companies ask you for your honest feedback on how you feel they could be improved upon? Summit does, on a regular basis. Upper management sends out mandatory culture tests to all employees where we are asked to rank different areas of the company- and the results are taken seriously. The CEO truly believes in a work-life balance and is diligently working toward that goal. He even issued an apology to our spouses when we hit an unexpected increase in volume and everyone was working a lot of overtime.

Summit Funding is hitting the nail on the head when it comes to making employees feel cared for!

Cons

The medical benefits are a little higher than you would encounter in a larger company, but that is to be expected. The company currently does not match 401k contributions, but also something to be expected. The benefits of working for this company far outweigh these minor cons.

Advice to Management

Continue to acknowledge and express appreciation for your employees' efforts. Keep striving toward excellence and the drive toward being a great company.

9. Unbelievably positive atmosphere with great employees and a leader who is driven and accountable!

Current Employee - Executive Assistant in Sacramento, CA
    Current Employee - Executive Assistant in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at Summit Funding full-time

Pros

I have never worked for a company who asks their employees for suggestions on ways to improve. Summit not only asks you how they can improve the company overall, But they provide you with a plan of action with a timeline. They truly care so much for their employees it's almost unbelievable.... They have a specific employee who dedicates her time in ensuring people are acknowledged for their birthdays and anniversaries. You will never go hungry here they're CONSTANTLY thanking their employees not only verbally but also by providing breakfast, lunch and snacks.

Cons

They are constantly implementing change in order to grow the company and make is better. Also you may need to work overtime but unlike other companies they DO compensate you for your overtime.

Advice to Management

Market and brand yourself effectively/strategically. Everyone should be aware of the awesome qualities Summit has to offer not only employment but service as well. After all not very many mortgage companies can say they grow in a declining market...

10. Good company culture and team oriented employees!!!

I worked at Summit Funding full-time

Pros

Everyone in each department communicates well and provides positive reenforcement. Training is always available and any issue or concern is treated as an opportunity to improve and grow. Leadership is great and work-life balance is just fine. I've gained a lot of knowledge and experienced while at this company!

Cons

Corporate departments are all extremely kind and help train you, but that positive, team-oriented company culture didn't seem to trickle down across every branch consistently. There is a gap between the branches and corporate that can be bridged more.

Advice to Management

Office culture in branches needs to replicate the corporate's infrastructure as best as possible. Also, keeping all departments on the same page about every policy and guideline is rough, but prevents problems or miscommunication from escalating.

Horrible company to work for!!

Former Employee - Anonymous
    Former Employee - Anonymous

I worked at Summit Funding

Pros

No pros at all with this company!

Cons

Make you work overtime and don't pay you for it. Staff was rude and pretentious. Poor structure of loan management from start to finish. Employees left people's personal information insecure. Horrible work environment!!

Advice to Management

Go paperless teach your employees to respect each other.

RSS Feed </> Embed