Summit Retail Reviews

Updated August 7, 2014
Updated August 7, 2014

2.3

CEO

Great Opportunity for Individuals looking for a CAREER!

I have been working at Summit Retail full-time for less than a year

Pros

Constantly growing on a daily basis, which only means more growth for all!
    Great TEAM atmosphere. Each person that works here thrives in the environment. The individuals that work here are well educated and truly enjoy their job.
    Always praised for a job well done.
    No two days are the same...it doesn't get boring.

Cons

There is a need to hire more Brand Representatives so that we can continue with our exponential growth!

Keep on keeping on! :) It's proven that you know what you're doing as we continue to grow so fast!

OK Job

Former Employee - Brand Representative  in  Baltimore, MD
    Former Employee - Brand Representative in Baltimore, MD

I worked at Summit Retail for less than a year

Pros

Many opportunities to advance. Management is very supportive and tries to help you reach sales goals.

Cons

Standing for over 10 hours a day. Attending unpaid conferences and mandatory conference calls.

Come up with a more efficient way to handle inventory

By far, the worst company I ever worked for. The manager was a clueless egomaniac!

Current Employee - Sales Representative  in  East Syracuse, NY
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in East Syracuse, NY

I have been working at Summit Retail full-time for less than a year

Pros

There is no immediate supervisor. Meet some nice people at the warehouse stores

Cons

When all said and done you will receive less than minimum wage. You are required to drive as much as 100 miles each way to get to a store for work. The managers are a bunch of know-nothing bullies. They will insult you publicly on the conference calls, for no justified reason, and talk down to you as if a child. They say 4 days but ends up being 6 to 7 days worked including required conference calls. With travel and call time that ends up being 14 hours per day for 4 days plus hours for the other 2 or 3 days. This company acts and sounds desperate, they are far from professional.

Shut the doors and get a job. See what it feels like to be chagrined and taken for granted.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Hard work, low pay, dog eat dog mentality, weak middle management .

Former Employee - Brand Representative
    Former Employee - Brand Representative

I worked at Summit Retail full-time

Pros

If you work super hard , you may get promoted, if your upper manager likes you.

Cons

My goal was to get into the top 10 weekly. I was in the top ten 5 times in 3 months. Middle management would go behind my back and talk to my trainees, about me instead of talking to me directly. SAD BUT TRUE.

Fire middle managers that let people go because of a medical problems.

Long hrs, short pay by comparison with hours worked

I worked at Summit Retail

Pros

You meet some good people at sites visited.

Cons

Compensation..not what they tell you...long hours doesnt add up. Divide out the hrs worked and it's just barely minimum wage. Commission based, although you are told otherwise.

Talk to people..not at them...What's the point..as long as the company is profitable, making money etc, you don't care much about the employees except when they are making money.

Not really worth it, 44% lower than other companies in similar industries.

Former Employee - Sales Representative
    Former Employee - Sales Representative

I worked at Summit Retail full-time for less than a year

Pros

Working usually four days per week with no immediate supervisor hanging around. If you break your neck begging and pleading for sales you might make a little more, not much.

Cons

One of the worst jobs due to the low pay and long drives. Terrible management save one or two.
    Required to be on unpaid conference calls at least 3 to 4 hours per week. They will cut hours even though properly posted. Have to load and unload product in your car. Lots of pressure and physical work.

Pay more money including unpaid conference call hours. Improve management, firing a few. Get employees closer to the job sites.

Would not recommend to ANYONE to take a position with this company.

I worked at Summit Retail

Pros

Opportunity to make great money... If you get lucky and they actually train you. Only positive that came from summit is that by working this job you are able to network with so many other people in the sales and marketing industry and use summit as a stepping stone to get somewhere more established, organized, and professional.

Cons

Everything about the company is disorganized and slapped together last minute. We are expected to work extra hours that we are not being compensated for, travel to different locations that we are not compensated for. All east coast sales are compared as if all stores are the same and every location is the same. This is FAR from the case. You are slightly praised for a moment if you do good sales. But yelled at if you are not making sales in some of the more economically poor areas. I recently resigned from this job and all of a sudden stopped receiving my direct deposits.. Even though I am still owed for 2 weeks of work AND my bonus in commission that I have previously earned. Have NO respect for this company. In my opinion, the people in charge have no idea how to run a business or treat employees.

Learn how to manage a company if you want to pretend to be management.

Terrible job but you can make money if you work hard

Former Employee - Sales Representative  in  Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Summit Retail full-time for less than a year

Pros

good money if you work hard

Cons

very hard work. you have to be an extrovert

if you can stick with it.

Poor Supervision

I worked at Summit Retail as a contractor

Pros

Non professional experience with this company

Cons

This company promises to provide you with supervision and training but instead their I dear of training is actually micromanagement. You are required to work unpaid hours. You are required to be on constant unpaid phone conferences and spoken down to You are not provided with the tools to do the job or the training.

Management does not care

Needle in a haystack!

Current Employee - Representative  in  New England (Jamaica)
    Current Employee - Representative in New England (Jamaica)

I have been working at Summit Retail full-time for less than a year

Pros

A great company to work for. Not sure what that other review was about and that is why I am compelled to write a review. Nothing but support, encouragement and partnership. Yes, there are calls but that is to rally as a team, discuss sales, inventory and logistics. Compensation is commission based with an hourly advance which for outgoing, friendly, hardworking people this is great. You are always positive. There is a huge growth opportunity and promotion is within. Not sure how many people have been passed over for an outsider like I have in past employment. There is training and management will always pitch in. You will do well if you are a self motivator, clear communicator and friendly individual. Everyday has been fun so far. Good balance with work /home as every week has same days off. Great for my child care situation.

Cons

Downside: I can't think of one at this time. If its not broke, don't fix it!

Keep up the good work. It's always nice to hear positives- it has been encouraging so far.

Worked for Summit Retail? Contribute to the Community!