Summit Solutions Reviews

1. Senior Energy Consultant

Current Employee - Senior Account Manager in San Mateo, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Account Manager in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at Summit Solutions

Pros

Summit Solutions provides a supportive environment that encourages leadership, entrepreneurship, professionalism, personal & professional growth. The team atmosphere is amazing, I get to build business with my friends on a daily basis. Definitely a Work hard, Play hard culture!

Cons

Summit Solutions is not the right environment for someone looking for a new "job", or an 8-5 clock in/ clock out type of position.

Advice to Management

Continue to empower your people to push themselves to their potential on a daily basis. We have a lot of growing to do :)

2. Great Company. Awesome People. Amazing Opportunity!

I worked at Summit Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You get a ton of experience! Summit Solutions is great place for both personal and professional growth. Their Leadership Development Program is specifically designed to challenge and develop each individual. The amount of business knowledge you can learn from working at this company is incomparable. They provide a competitive and welcoming culture.

Cons

There is a lot of opportunity for advancement and growth however you have to work hard to achieve it.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing!

3. Great effort = great results, poor effort = poor results

Current Employee - Lead Account Manager in San Mateo, CA
    Current Employee - Lead Account Manager in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at Summit Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Since the company represents a wide variety of clients, the things learned in training are highly transferable. I came from a corporate sales background where promotions came when someone dies, quits, or gets fired. This company puts the control in my hands, and my promotions were based on MY personal performance. The personal growth is parallel to the professional growth... things like time management, interpersonal communication, goal-setting, and leadership are of the many transferable skills I have learned working here, which have helped me lead a better life outside the office... in my relationships, in my community, and in my personal finances. In under 6 months I was promoted into a leadership position, and I am on pace to be managing my own branch within another 6 months. You get out what you put in.

Cons

I read the negative reviews and can't help but sigh and snicker. Any career that can develop someone from an entry-level position to upper management within a year is going to have intensive training, accountability for results, and a constant push outside your comfort zone. I feel too many people in my generation feel entitled to results without putting the work in (and based on some reviews, without even working here at all), so I'm sorry, but welcome to the real world. My bank account doesn't have emotions, nor do my bills. Regardless of how I "feel" a certain day, I am still responsible to come through for my clients, teammates, and my family.

GREAT EFFORT = GREAT RESULTS, POOR EFFORT = A CRAPPY CAREER CHOICE.

Advice to Management

Thank you for creating a culture that pours its resources into the hardest workers to create expansion opportunities, versus putting its time and energy to create an "everyone is equal" environment.

5. Good People - Make your own Decision

I have been working at Summit Solutions full-time

Pros

There are over 200 offices throughout the U.S. and they just expanded to Europe. So whoever wrote that this company isn't growing clearly never worked here and doesn't have the facts. If you went on an interview here and didn't get hired or didn't think it was a good fit for you, that doesn't give you the right to put down others. This just shows poor character. These are people that are genuine in helping people reach their potential. They flew me to Texas to another branch to network and get more training; whoever said there is no training, again, never worked here. I was looking for a sales career with opportunity to better myself and wasn't surprised that commission was involved since any sales position is. It doesn't intimidate me to work for my earnings and then receive high bonuses for my effort.

Cons

If you don't know how to handle mental and physical challenges, then you won't do well here or in life for that matter. If you're observant, you will see that anyone that fills out a review on glassdoor can say they were employed here even if they were not. You should make your own decision and if you have to base it on someone else's experience then you shouldn't apply. If you have questions you should probably just call or come in yourself.

Advice to Management

Just realize most people are lazy and don't read anything they apply to. I found it quite clear that i was applying to a sales opportunity and understood the job details by reading the ad and website; however, so many people on here are down grading sales people and are clueless about the role. "The fourth major source of self made millionaires in america are salespeople" -Brian Tracy. Oh, and update your pictures online so that people that have nothing better to do will stop complaining and telling you how to run your own business! Great job running a successful business by the way. You have many people that are loyal to you and respect you. The average person doesn't understand what it takes to run a business, especially in SF.

Please avoid this company

Former Employee - Entry Level Sales Representative in San Mateo, CA

I worked at Summit Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Very friendly HR staff
    - They all seemed passionate about their work

Cons

- You basically have to look for clients on your own and there wasn't much training provided for employees as they advertised
    - Extremely low pay; probably lower than minimum wage

Advice to Management

Try to actually put effort into developing your employees

Desperate

I worked at Summit Solutions

Pros

Nice people, seem like they care

Cons

Every positive review on here is written by their management team, not by real employees.

If you have a college degree, do not even think about this company.

Questionable business practices

I worked at Summit Solutions

Pros

If you want the job its yours. There are NO standards at this company. None. So if you're unemployment has run dry and McDonald's isn't hiring you have a plan C.

Cons

This place is a cult that brainwashes young impressionable people into buying into a "work now play later" business model with no one "playing later".

Advice to Management

No one is happy living on the poverty line so quit forcing your people to fake it when there are interviews and trainees around

Scam

I worked at Summit Solutions

Pros

You will get hired. The only time they don't hire someone is if they don't think you will accept the position on the spot. Don't believe?.. me try it. If you act like you want the job...you will get it.

Cons

Everything about this company is deceiving. From its fake atmosphere, it's promise of advancement to its reviews the owner manipulates. They have no standard for employees and who they hire. I left when they hired someone who showed up to the interview intoxicated.

Advice to Management

No words.

10. Please update your photos

I worked at Summit Solutions

Pros

I don't have anything nice to say about this company. I'm shocked that they are able to keep their doors open.

Cons

I never applied to this company. I guess my resume was pulled off a database. When I received a call I tried to ask questions which were never actually answered. Every question I asked was overturned with "that will be covered in person". However, after I got off the phone I looked at the website and saw a good college friend of mine pictured in most of the photos. This person is incredibly intelligent and had always made good career decisions so I decided to come in for the preliminary interview (despite the odd call). I arrive to find this person doesn't work here and hasn't for several months. I also found that only 3 (2 of which are the owner and recruiter) people pictured are current employees. I believe this is deceptive and wrong. Lastly, major red flag they have had THAT much turnover.

Advice to Management

Remove photos of former employees. Or at least the majority of them. Also, be honest with people you pull from databases so you don't waste anyone's time.

The company can say what they want, but don't let them fool you. This is a no benefit, door to door sales job.

Former Employee - Account Manager in San Mateo, CA
    Former Employee - Account Manager in San Mateo, CA

I worked at Summit Solutions

Pros

You will get hired! But should you take the job? Probably not. Everyone at the company seemed really nice though.

Cons

It is a door to door sales job. There are no healthcare or dental benefits. You work long hours and will be paid on a commission only basis. You drive all over the bay with no gas reimbursement.

Advice to Management

I would recommend for the company to stop marketing a commission only door to door sales job as a management in training position.

Summit Solutions Response

Mar 23, 2015President

Thanks for your feedback, we just wanted to clear up a few things:
    1. We do offer health benefits for many entry-level positions.
    2. We do not extend job offers to everyone, only those we feel