Summit Solutions

3.7

Chris Homan

Great Mentorship & Fun Environment

I worked at Summit Solutions full-time (less than a year)

Pros

the people all have high integrity, character, and care about their employees. Other pro's are all the sales, leadership, and management skills you learn when working here. They always have music playing and have a good work environment as well.

Cons

They don't have a location in China yet :( I had to go back home for family reasons.

Keep up the good work, companies like this are the ones that will keep growing in this industry.

Mar 3, 2015President

Thanks for your kind words! We are so proud of our amazing team that goes above and beyond to help team members learn sales and leadership skills. Best of luck to you.

Great people, even greater values and tremendous learning and growth opportunities.

Former Employee - Account Manager in San Mateo, CA
    Former Employee - Account Manager in San Mateo, CA

I worked at Summit Solutions full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The best reason to work here is the people in the office and the coaching you get from them. The bossman, the admins, the co-workers and other owners are all great people to work with. Everybody is always ready to help you and always ready to coach you on any aspect of business you're interested in. Every week there are competitions to keep employees highly competitive and motivated, and there are extra-curricular activities such as sports nights or just hanging out in a bar, a.k.a, team nights! They coach you on sales, team-building, human resource development, soft skills, hiring, and instill work ethics and the value of goals in your everyday life.

I had an amazing experience with them and will always be grateful to them for coaching and helping me. Anybody who is highly competitive, dynamic, and consider constant growth and learning as key objectives of his/her life should give a shot at this company.

Cons

There is no room for laziness, meager-performance, non-competitiveness, easy-money, or comfort. A little discomfort today will set you for a comfortable life afterwards.

You guys are doing a great job and heading in the right direction.

Feb 3, 2015President

Thanks for your kind words!

Stay Away unless you like Door to Door sales

I worked at Summit Solutions full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Nice people, they seem fun and inviting. There are Happy Hours but you have to pay yourself... Pretty much everything comes out of your own pocket.

You learn to have a tough skin and brush people off when they say no LMAO.

Cons

the pay is ridiculously low for the first 2 weeks $200 plus a low commission rate, then its straight commission... I think its 23/25 percent I can't remember... but even then you don't make enough money to even cover gas. You work about 9/10+ hours a day, at least at a retail job you are guaranteed pay...

They even got some girl to quit her full time job to join them without offering a salary, because of the "promise of success" As a college grad, people should be getting at least $20 a hour starting out.. or 40k salary a year don't sell yourself short!

Figure out a better contract with quill/staples so you can pay your employees better.

Feb 3, 2015President

Thanks for your feedback. We're glad you had a positive experience with the team and understand that there are valuable life skills to be learned from a sales position. Your numbers are pretty off in ... More

Great Work Environment

I have been working at Summit Solutions full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The position gives lots of room for advancement. The company participates in raising funds and donations for charity. I am friends with everyone in the office, it's like a family oriented place to be. Opportunity for travel is great!

Cons

This position is definitely not for someone looking to come and go from a "job" but rather someone looking for a career. One must have a strong work ethic to do well.

No current advice - just thanks for the opportunity that you have available for recent grads!

Dec 15, 2014President

Thanks for your review. We're glad you enjoy the company atmosphere and room for growth!

Fun Work Atmosphere

Current Employee - Account Manager in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at Summit Solutions full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Working at Summit Solutions, you definitely feel as though you are a part of a team and everyone cares for your success (almost as much as you do). The company is always hosting events for employees and building the team environment up. They are involved in charities and community service. Coming to work is definitely enjoyable when you are treated as yourself instead of a number.

Cons

You really need a strong work ethic since this is a position where promotion is based on merit. You have to put your full effort in to get where you want to be.

Keep it up!

Dec 15, 2014President

We appreciate your review!

Make your own decisions!

Current Employee - Account Manager in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at Summit Solutions full-time (more than a year)

Pros

You work for yourself.
    Ultimate job security, never been one lay off.
    Your income isn't capped bc you are paid on performance.
    You work w people who are happy to come to work each day and ready/willing to help you succeed in any way possible.
    Getting out of your comfort zone is the only way to achieve greatness and this company helps you become the best version of yourself.

Cons

If you're lazy this isn't the position for you. This is a line of work that is performance based. We will give you all the tools to succeed but it's up to you to put them into play and meet us halfway. If you're looking for someone to hold your hand this isn't the right fit. If the work "no" hurts your feelings/ego go somewhere else.

Don't listen to these negative reviews. I'm pretty sure most were written by individuals who came on a second round interview and are upset we didn't offer them a position; or someone who worked for us for a minute. QTQP

Dec 15, 2014President

Thanks for your review! Glad to hear you enjoy the work environment and getting out of your comfort zone.

Incredible Company Culture to Be Part of.

Current Employee - Account Manager in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at Summit Solutions full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Job:
    -Personalized training & mentoring
    -Able to ask and receive quality help from ANY of their representatives (regardless of status and location)
    -Personal and professional growth

Environment:
    - Positive, competitive yet friendly, and also highly motivational
    - Fun activities and team nights
    - Great staff and co-workers

You will be surprised at how much you will learn from the rare opportunity at Summit Solutions.

Cons

As with anything in life, there will be challenges and discomfort that you will encounter. But with the support of the team, and positive environment that one is constantly being exposed to, those challenges became downright fun to tackle and learn from.

Great team and staff! Always a pleasure to work with. Keep it up!

Dec 15, 2014President

Thanks so much for your thoughts!

Stay Very Far Away, like Pluto

I have been working at Summit Solutions

Pros

Flexible work hours.

Lot's of time getting exercise.

As far as I know, the management has never owned actual slaves.

Cons

This is a door to door salesmen position with atrocious compensation. Maybe apply if you're really that desperate, but honestly, I think a job in retail would be a better use of your time.

Please change your entire business model, and please stop writing fake reviews on this page.

Sales and marketing

I have been working at Summit Solutions full-time

Pros

The process takes only two days from the time you apply for it.

Cons

first day interview takes only 10 to 15min and they will ask you to come the next day for second round

Nov 17, 2014President

Thanks for your review on our interview process. We do try to move quickly if we like a candidate, but just to clarify for future applicants, our interview process is not always exactly 2 days.

Great People - Misleading Position

Former Employee - Entry Level Sales Representative in San Mateo, CA
    Former Employee - Entry Level Sales Representative in San Mateo, CA

I worked at Summit Solutions full-time

Pros

- The people are friendly and truly make an effort to get to know you.
    - The bosses seem to genuinely care about your success in the company.
    - Lots of training. You're encouraged to ask as many questions as possible. You "shadow" an experienced salesperson throughout the day until you're comfortable going out alone.
    - When in the office, everything is comfortable and casual.

Cons

- You're told that this is a management training job where you first start off in sales, then slowly work up the ladder. The company provides a detailed "ladder" model, but when you ask more questions, you realize that almost no one ends up in an actual managerial position, let alone past the 2nd level. Basically, it's just a door-to-door cold solicitor job.

- ONLY commission-based. I'm not sure how the company manages to keep their employees like this. It's a great trap for recent college grads who can't seem to find a job. Obviously, if you're truly convincing and lucky to find clients who happen to need some office supplies/misc., you'll be able to make a lot of money. Most times, however, your days will be 0-3 sales, possibly only making $40 after commission.

- You have to travel all around the Bay Area, yet you're not compensated for it. Of course, you could write it off on your taxes, but still.

- Very long hours. It's kind of unavoidable, since everyone in the office goes out on their own all day and you have to all meet up or wait for remaining salespeople to get back into the office for an end-of-the-day debrief.

Having this job simply be commission-based is no better than companies taking advantage of recent graduates with unpaid internships. This might work in areas with cheaper living expenses, but this is the Bay Area. I would not be surprised if there are lots of employees that barely have any money left over after paying rent and bills. Even offering minimum wage on an hourly basis would motivate your employees even more, and allow them to stay with the company.

Also, stop advertising your entry level positions as being administrative management training. You know it's not, and your potential employees will soon figure out that it's not soon enough. Just list your positions like they are - sales. You should also tell your potential employees upfront during the interview that they should be comfortable with cold sales.

Why falsely advertise and not offer a small hourly rate? Stop taking advantage of people, and pay them for their work. The bonus one-on-one training is great, but definitely not worth not getting to pay your rent.

Oct 20, 2014President

Thanks for your feedback. We are so glad you had a positive experience with the team and the training process. We're sorry it was not a good fit for you, but we do stand behind our training program ... More