Summit Solutions

Updated December 15, 2014
3.6

Chris Homan

Great Work Environment

I have been working at Summit Solutions full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The position gives lots of room for advancement. The company participates in raising funds and donations for charity. I am friends with everyone in the office, it's like a family oriented place to be. Opportunity for travel is great!

Cons

This position is definitely not for someone looking to come and go from a "job" but rather someone looking for a career. One must have a strong work ethic to do well.

No current advice - just thanks for the opportunity that you have available for recent grads!

Dec 15, 2014President

Thanks for your review. We're glad you enjoy the company atmosphere and room for growth!

Fun Work Atmosphere

Current Employee - Account Manager in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at Summit Solutions full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Working at Summit Solutions, you definitely feel as though you are a part of a team and everyone cares for your success (almost as much as you do). The company is always hosting events for employees and building the team environment up. They are involved in charities and community service. Coming to work is definitely enjoyable when you are treated as yourself instead of a number.

Cons

You really need a strong work ethic since this is a position where promotion is based on merit. You have to put your full effort in to get where you want to be.

Keep it up!

Dec 15, 2014President

We appreciate your review!

Make your own decisions!

Current Employee - Account Manager in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at Summit Solutions full-time (more than an year)

Pros

You work for yourself.
    Ultimate job security, never been one lay off.
    Your income isn't capped bc you are paid on performance.
    You work w people who are happy to come to work each day and ready/willing to help you succeed in any way possible.
    Getting out of your comfort zone is the only way to achieve greatness and this company helps you become the best version of yourself.

Cons

If you're lazy this isn't the position for you. This is a line of work that is performance based. We will give you all the tools to succeed but it's up to you to put them into play and meet us halfway. If you're looking for someone to hold your hand this isn't the right fit. If the work "no" hurts your feelings/ego go somewhere else.

Don't listen to these negative reviews. I'm pretty sure most were written by individuals who came on a second round interview and are upset we didn't offer them a position; or someone who worked for us for a minute. QTQP

Dec 15, 2014President

Thanks for your review! Glad to hear you enjoy the work environment and getting out of your comfort zone.

Incredible Company Culture to Be Part of.

Current Employee - Account Manager in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at Summit Solutions full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Job:
    -Personalized training & mentoring
    -Able to ask and receive quality help from ANY of their representatives (regardless of status and location)
    -Personal and professional growth

Environment:
    - Positive, competitive yet friendly, and also highly motivational
    - Fun activities and team nights
    - Great staff and co-workers

You will be surprised at how much you will learn from the rare opportunity at Summit Solutions.

Cons

As with anything in life, there will be challenges and discomfort that you will encounter. But with the support of the team, and positive environment that one is constantly being exposed to, those challenges became downright fun to tackle and learn from.

Great team and staff! Always a pleasure to work with. Keep it up!

Dec 15, 2014President

Thanks so much for your thoughts!

Stay Very Far Away, like Pluto

I have been working at Summit Solutions

Pros

Flexible work hours.

Lot's of time getting exercise.

As far as I know, the management has never owned actual slaves.

Cons

This is a door to door salesmen position with atrocious compensation. Maybe apply if you're really that desperate, but honestly, I think a job in retail would be a better use of your time.

Please change your entire business model, and please stop writing fake reviews on this page.

Sales and marketing

I have been working at Summit Solutions full-time

Pros

The process takes only two days from the time you apply for it.

Cons

first day interview takes only 10 to 15min and they will ask you to come the next day for second round

Nov 17, 2014President

Thanks for your review on our interview process. We do try to move quickly if we like a candidate, but just to clarify for future applicants, our interview process is not always exactly 2 days.

Great People - Misleading Position

Former Employee - Entry Level Sales Representative in San Mateo, CA
    Former Employee - Entry Level Sales Representative in San Mateo, CA

I worked at Summit Solutions full-time

Pros

- The people are friendly and truly make an effort to get to know you.
    - The bosses seem to genuinely care about your success in the company.
    - Lots of training. You're encouraged to ask as many questions as possible. You "shadow" an experienced salesperson throughout the day until you're comfortable going out alone.
    - When in the office, everything is comfortable and casual.

Cons

- You're told that this is a management training job where you first start off in sales, then slowly work up the ladder. The company provides a detailed "ladder" model, but when you ask more questions, you realize that almost no one ends up in an actual managerial position, let alone past the 2nd level. Basically, it's just a door-to-door cold solicitor job.

- ONLY commission-based. I'm not sure how the company manages to keep their employees like this. It's a great trap for recent college grads who can't seem to find a job. Obviously, if you're truly convincing and lucky to find clients who happen to need some office supplies/misc., you'll be able to make a lot of money. Most times, however, your days will be 0-3 sales, possibly only making $40 after commission.

- You have to travel all around the Bay Area, yet you're not compensated for it. Of course, you could write it off on your taxes, but still.

- Very long hours. It's kind of unavoidable, since everyone in the office goes out on their own all day and you have to all meet up or wait for remaining salespeople to get back into the office for an end-of-the-day debrief.

Having this job simply be commission-based is no better than companies taking advantage of recent graduates with unpaid internships. This might work in areas with cheaper living expenses, but this is the Bay Area. I would not be surprised if there are lots of employees that barely have any money left over after paying rent and bills. Even offering minimum wage on an hourly basis would motivate your employees even more, and allow them to stay with the company.

Also, stop advertising your entry level positions as being administrative management training. You know it's not, and your potential employees will soon figure out that it's not soon enough. Just list your positions like they are - sales. You should also tell your potential employees upfront during the interview that they should be comfortable with cold sales.

Why falsely advertise and not offer a small hourly rate? Stop taking advantage of people, and pay them for their work. The bonus one-on-one training is great, but definitely not worth not getting to pay your rent.

Oct 20, 2014President

Thanks for your feedback. We are so glad you had a positive experience with the team and the training process. We're sorry it was not a good fit for you, but we do stand behind our training program ... More

Great Mentorship & Fun Work Environment

Former Employee - Management Trainee in San Mateo, CA
    Former Employee - Management Trainee in San Mateo, CA

I worked at Summit Solutions full-time (less than an year)

Pros

1 on 1 coaching and mentorship from people that actually want you to improve in and outside of work, lots of fun work events and social events during the week and on the weekends, and with the career path there is a lot of opportunity for growth.

Cons

It's more than just a clock-in, clock-out job, you have to learn how to prepare and plan before you come to work. You learn lots of new skills and habits, which makes it tough at first and lots of people can't handle that.

Keep working hard and growing, seems like you guys are going in the direction you want.

Sep 29, 2014President

Thanks so much for taking the time to write us a review!

Awesome Opportunity For Work Experience!

Former Employee - Lead Business Consultant in San Mateo, CA
    Former Employee - Lead Business Consultant in San Mateo, CA

I worked at Summit Solutions full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great people and mentorship; I think it's cool that the owner is always willing to spend time with new people and schedule time to mentor and coach his employees. I also think its cool that people here actually care about helping people improve in your personal habits and skills that will help you in all aspects of life. Another cool thing is all the cool work events they do. They have work BBQ's and work trips frequently.

Cons

It's cool having mentorship and coaching to improve, but it's really hard to change personal habits to improve. Improving communication, organization, work habits, and developing others is a must here if someone wants to move into a management position.

Keep doing what you're doing! You guys made it a fun work environment and I learned a lot. All the skills and habits I learned there have really helped me in my professional career.

Oct 8, 2014President

Thanks so much for your review! We're glad you enjoyed our team environment and focus on helping everyone individually improve!

Con Artist. Unethical. Deceiving.

I have been working at Summit Solutions (less than an year)

Pros

Nice people (not genuine, hidden agenda nice) I really have nothing nice to say- it's that bad.

Cons

Door to door salesman. They mislead candidates by calling their positions anything other than that (marketing, customer relations manager, business admin. ) DO NOT BE FOOLED. It's door to door soliciting. Then they tell you there is room to move up (which is highly unlikely if you ask the right question) THEN to add insult to injury- it's ONLY COMMISSION. they ask you to work 8-6 with no base pay or salary- no benefits, no reimbursement for gas, which you burn through at the job. WASTE OF TIME.

I lost all trust and respect for the owners/managers when I expressed my concern about the pay. He offered me $200 bucks a week (which for a 40 hour week is a joke, never mind it's more than 40 hours here) but then I thought. What about those sorry people that don't bother to ask because they are so desperate for a job? It's not fair that he extends that extra pay for only people that know to ask.

Don't take advantage of students entering the job market. What you do is a lie , deceiving, conning, unethical, and a joke. I feel bad for the people you fool into your cult.

Nov 17, 2014President

We are so sorry you had a bad experience with us. We hope you do not really feel that we are being deceptive. We try to be very clear throughout our interview process, but when talking money ... More