Summit Solutions Reviews

1. Senior Energy Consultant

Current Employee - Senior Account Manager in San Mateo, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Account Manager in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at Summit Solutions

Pros

Summit Solutions provides a supportive environment that encourages leadership, entrepreneurship, professionalism, personal & professional growth. The team atmosphere is amazing, I get to build business with my friends on a daily basis. Definitely a Work hard, Play hard culture!

Cons

Summit Solutions is not the right environment for someone looking for a new "job", or an 8-5 clock in/ clock out type of position.

Advice to Management

Continue to empower your people to push themselves to their potential on a daily basis. We have a lot of growing to do :)

2. Great Company. Awesome People. Amazing Opportunity!

I worked at Summit Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You get a ton of experience! Summit Solutions is great place for both personal and professional growth. Their Leadership Development Program is specifically designed to challenge and develop each individual. The amount of business knowledge you can learn from working at this company is incomparable. They provide a competitive and welcoming culture.

Cons

There is a lot of opportunity for advancement and growth however you have to work hard to achieve it.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing!

3. Great effort = great results, poor effort = poor results

Current Employee - Lead Account Manager in San Mateo, CA
    Current Employee - Lead Account Manager in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at Summit Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Since the company represents a wide variety of clients, the things learned in training are highly transferable. I came from a corporate sales background where promotions came when someone dies, quits, or gets fired. This company puts the control in my hands, and my promotions were based on MY personal performance. The personal growth is parallel to the professional growth... things like time management, interpersonal communication, goal-setting, and leadership are of the many transferable skills I have learned working here, which have helped me lead a better life outside the office... in my relationships, in my community, and in my personal finances. In under 6 months I was promoted into a leadership position, and I am on pace to be managing my own branch within another 6 months. You get out what you put in.

Cons

I read the negative reviews and can't help but sigh and snicker. Any career that can develop someone from an entry-level position to upper management within a year is going to have intensive training, accountability for results, and a constant push outside your comfort zone. I feel too many people in my generation feel entitled to results without putting the work in (and based on some reviews, without even working here at all), so I'm sorry, but welcome to the real world. My bank account doesn't have emotions, nor do my bills. Regardless of how I "feel" a certain day, I am still responsible to come through for my clients, teammates, and my family.

GREAT EFFORT = GREAT RESULTS, POOR EFFORT = A CRAPPY CAREER CHOICE.

Advice to Management

Thank you for creating a culture that pours its resources into the hardest workers to create expansion opportunities, versus putting its time and energy to create an "everyone is equal" environment.

5. Good People - Make your own Decision

I have been working at Summit Solutions full-time

Pros

There are over 200 offices throughout the U.S. and they just expanded to Europe. So whoever wrote that this company isn't growing clearly never worked here and doesn't have the facts. If you went on an interview here and didn't get hired or didn't think it was a good fit for you, that doesn't give you the right to put down others. This just shows poor character. These are people that are genuine in helping people reach their potential. They flew me to Texas to another branch to network and get more training; whoever said there is no training, again, never worked here. I was looking for a sales career with opportunity to better myself and wasn't surprised that commission was involved since any sales position is. It doesn't intimidate me to work for my earnings and then receive high bonuses for my effort.

Cons

If you don't know how to handle mental and physical challenges, then you won't do well here or in life for that matter. If you're observant, you will see that anyone that fills out a review on glassdoor can say they were employed here even if they were not. You should make your own decision and if you have to base it on someone else's experience then you shouldn't apply. If you have questions you should probably just call or come in yourself.

Advice to Management

Just realize most people are lazy and don't read anything they apply to. I found it quite clear that i was applying to a sales opportunity and understood the job details by reading the ad and website; however, so many people on here are down grading sales people and are clueless about the role. "The fourth major source of self made millionaires in america are salespeople" -Brian Tracy. Oh, and update your pictures online so that people that have nothing better to do will stop complaining and telling you how to run your own business! Great job running a successful business by the way. You have many people that are loyal to you and respect you. The average person doesn't understand what it takes to run a business, especially in SF.

Great Mentorship & Fun Environment

I worked at Summit Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

the people all have high integrity, character, and care about their employees. Other pro's are all the sales, leadership, and management skills you learn when working here. They always have music playing and have a good work environment as well.

Cons

They don't have a location in China yet :( I had to go back home for family reasons.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work, companies like this are the ones that will keep growing in this industry.

Mar 3, 2015President

Thanks for your kind words! We are so proud of our amazing team that goes above and beyond to help team members learn sales and leadership skills. Best of luck to you.

Great people, even greater values and tremendous learning and growth opportunities.

Former Employee - Account Manager in San Mateo, CA
    Former Employee - Account Manager in San Mateo, CA

I worked at Summit Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The best reason to work here is the people in the office and the coaching you get from them. The bossman, the admins, the co-workers and other owners are all great people to work with. Everybody is always ready to help you and always ready to coach you on any aspect of business you're interested in. Every week there are competitions to keep employees highly competitive and motivated, and there are extra-curricular activities such as sports nights or just hanging out in a bar, a.k.a, team nights! They coach you on sales, team-building, human resource development, soft skills, hiring, and instill work ethics and the value of goals in your everyday life.

I had an amazing experience with them and will always be grateful to them for coaching and helping me. Anybody who is highly competitive, dynamic, and consider constant growth and learning as key objectives of his/her life should give a shot at this company.

Cons

There is no room for laziness, meager-performance, non-competitiveness, easy-money, or comfort. A little discomfort today will set you for a comfortable life afterwards.

Advice to Management

You guys are doing a great job and heading in the right direction.

Feb 3, 2015President

Thanks for your kind words!

Great Work Environment

I have been working at Summit Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The position gives lots of room for advancement. The company participates in raising funds and donations for charity. I am friends with everyone in the office, it's like a family oriented place to be. Opportunity for travel is great!

Cons

This position is definitely not for someone looking to come and go from a "job" but rather someone looking for a career. One must have a strong work ethic to do well.

Advice to Management

No current advice - just thanks for the opportunity that you have available for recent grads!

Dec 15, 2014President

Thanks for your review. We're glad you enjoy the company atmosphere and room for growth!

Fun Work Atmosphere

Current Employee - Account Manager in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at Summit Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Working at Summit Solutions, you definitely feel as though you are a part of a team and everyone cares for your success (almost as much as you do). The company is always hosting events for employees and building the team environment up. They are involved in charities and community service. Coming to work is definitely enjoyable when you are treated as yourself instead of a number.

Cons

You really need a strong work ethic since this is a position where promotion is based on merit. You have to put your full effort in to get where you want to be.

Advice to Management

Keep it up!

Dec 15, 2014President

We appreciate your review!

Incredible Company Culture to Be Part of.

I have been working at Summit Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Job:
    -Personalized training & mentoring
    -Able to ask and receive quality help from ANY of their representatives (regardless of status and location)
    -Personal and professional growth

Environment:
    - Positive, competitive yet friendly, and also highly motivational
    - Fun activities and team nights
    - Great staff and co-workers

You will be surprised at how much you will learn from the rare opportunity at Summit Solutions.

Cons

As with anything in life, there will be challenges and discomfort that you will encounter. But with the support of the team, and positive environment that one is constantly being exposed to, those challenges became downright fun to tackle and learn from.

Advice to Management

Great team and staff! Always a pleasure to work with. Keep it up!

Dec 15, 2014President

Thanks so much for your thoughts!

Great Mentorship & Fun Work Environment

Former Employee - Management Trainee in San Mateo, CA
    Former Employee - Management Trainee in San Mateo, CA

I worked at Summit Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

1 on 1 coaching and mentorship from people that actually want you to improve in and outside of work, lots of fun work events and social events during the week and on the weekends, and with the career path there is a lot of opportunity for growth.

Cons

It's more than just a clock-in, clock-out job, you have to learn how to prepare and plan before you come to work. You learn lots of new skills and habits, which makes it tough at first and lots of people can't handle that.

Advice to Management

Keep working hard and growing, seems like you guys are going in the direction you want.

Sep 29, 2014President

Thanks so much for taking the time to write us a review!