Summit Solutions

3.7

Chris Homan

Great Mentorship & Fun Environment

I worked at Summit Solutions full-time (less than a year)

Pros

the people all have high integrity, character, and care about their employees. Other pro's are all the sales, leadership, and management skills you learn when working here. They always have music playing and have a good work environment as well.

Cons

They don't have a location in China yet :( I had to go back home for family reasons.

Keep up the good work, companies like this are the ones that will keep growing in this industry.

Mar 3, 2015President

Thanks for your kind words! We are so proud of our amazing team that goes above and beyond to help team members learn sales and leadership skills. Best of luck to you.

Great people, even greater values and tremendous learning and growth opportunities.

Former Employee - Account Manager in San Mateo, CA
    Former Employee - Account Manager in San Mateo, CA

I worked at Summit Solutions full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The best reason to work here is the people in the office and the coaching you get from them. The bossman, the admins, the co-workers and other owners are all great people to work with. Everybody is always ready to help you and always ready to coach you on any aspect of business you're interested in. Every week there are competitions to keep employees highly competitive and motivated, and there are extra-curricular activities such as sports nights or just hanging out in a bar, a.k.a, team nights! They coach you on sales, team-building, human resource development, soft skills, hiring, and instill work ethics and the value of goals in your everyday life.

I had an amazing experience with them and will always be grateful to them for coaching and helping me. Anybody who is highly competitive, dynamic, and consider constant growth and learning as key objectives of his/her life should give a shot at this company.

Cons

There is no room for laziness, meager-performance, non-competitiveness, easy-money, or comfort. A little discomfort today will set you for a comfortable life afterwards.

You guys are doing a great job and heading in the right direction.

Feb 3, 2015President

Thanks for your kind words!

Great Work Environment

I have been working at Summit Solutions full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The position gives lots of room for advancement. The company participates in raising funds and donations for charity. I am friends with everyone in the office, it's like a family oriented place to be. Opportunity for travel is great!

Cons

This position is definitely not for someone looking to come and go from a "job" but rather someone looking for a career. One must have a strong work ethic to do well.

No current advice - just thanks for the opportunity that you have available for recent grads!

Dec 15, 2014President

Thanks for your review. We're glad you enjoy the company atmosphere and room for growth!

Fun Work Atmosphere

I have been working at Summit Solutions full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Working at Summit Solutions, you definitely feel as though you are a part of a team and everyone cares for your success (almost as much as you do). The company is always hosting events for employees and building the team environment up. They are involved in charities and community service. Coming to work is definitely enjoyable when you are treated as yourself instead of a number.

Cons

You really need a strong work ethic since this is a position where promotion is based on merit. You have to put your full effort in to get where you want to be.

Keep it up!

Dec 15, 2014President

We appreciate your review!

Incredible Company Culture to Be Part of.

I have been working at Summit Solutions full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Job:
    -Personalized training & mentoring
    -Able to ask and receive quality help from ANY of their representatives (regardless of status and location)
    -Personal and professional growth

Environment:
    - Positive, competitive yet friendly, and also highly motivational
    - Fun activities and team nights
    - Great staff and co-workers

You will be surprised at how much you will learn from the rare opportunity at Summit Solutions.

Cons

As with anything in life, there will be challenges and discomfort that you will encounter. But with the support of the team, and positive environment that one is constantly being exposed to, those challenges became downright fun to tackle and learn from.

Great team and staff! Always a pleasure to work with. Keep it up!

Dec 15, 2014President

Thanks so much for your thoughts!

Make your own decisions!

I have been working at Summit Solutions full-time (more than a year)

Pros

You work for yourself.
    Ultimate job security, never been one lay off.
    Your income isn't capped bc you are paid on performance.
    You work w people who are happy to come to work each day and ready/willing to help you succeed in any way possible.
    Getting out of your comfort zone is the only way to achieve greatness and this company helps you become the best version of yourself.

Cons

If you're lazy this isn't the position for you. This is a line of work that is performance based. We will give you all the tools to succeed but it's up to you to put them into play and meet us halfway. If you're looking for someone to hold your hand this isn't the right fit. If the work "no" hurts your feelings/ego go somewhere else.

Don't listen to these negative reviews. I'm pretty sure most were written by individuals who came on a second round interview and are upset we didn't offer them a position; or someone who worked for us for a minute. QTQP

Dec 15, 2014President

Thanks for your review! Glad to hear you enjoy the work environment and getting out of your comfort zone.

Great Mentorship & Fun Work Environment

Former Employee - Management Trainee in San Mateo, CA
    Former Employee - Management Trainee in San Mateo, CA

I worked at Summit Solutions full-time (less than a year)

Pros

1 on 1 coaching and mentorship from people that actually want you to improve in and outside of work, lots of fun work events and social events during the week and on the weekends, and with the career path there is a lot of opportunity for growth.

Cons

It's more than just a clock-in, clock-out job, you have to learn how to prepare and plan before you come to work. You learn lots of new skills and habits, which makes it tough at first and lots of people can't handle that.

Keep working hard and growing, seems like you guys are going in the direction you want.

Sep 29, 2014President

Thanks so much for taking the time to write us a review!

Awesome Opportunity For Work Experience!

Former Employee - Lead Business Consultant in San Mateo, CA
    Former Employee - Lead Business Consultant in San Mateo, CA

I worked at Summit Solutions full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Great people and mentorship; I think it's cool that the owner is always willing to spend time with new people and schedule time to mentor and coach his employees. I also think its cool that people here actually care about helping people improve in your personal habits and skills that will help you in all aspects of life. Another cool thing is all the cool work events they do. They have work BBQ's and work trips frequently.

Cons

It's cool having mentorship and coaching to improve, but it's really hard to change personal habits to improve. Improving communication, organization, work habits, and developing others is a must here if someone wants to move into a management position.

Keep doing what you're doing! You guys made it a fun work environment and I learned a lot. All the skills and habits I learned there have really helped me in my professional career.

Oct 8, 2014President

Thanks so much for your review! We're glad you enjoyed our team environment and focus on helping everyone individually improve!

It doesn't even feel like a job, Love the atmosphere, opportunity, and everything else!

I have been working at Summit Solutions full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The people are amazing to work with and they are always there for you no matter what. Major focus on training, both personal and professional. Opportunity is huge in this business which is good if you want to work for it.

Cons

Definitely not for people who want to sit around and do nothing. This isn't a con for me but some people might not want to work hard for their earnings and get what they actually deserve.

Nothing comes to mind. Keep it up everyone!

May 15, 2014President

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review! We are so glad you enjoy the people you work with. We strive for a great company atmosphere, where people are not only motivated to work hard, but ... More

Finally a company that truly offers growth

Current Employee - Business Consultant in San Mateo, CA
    Current Employee - Business Consultant in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at Summit Solutions full-time (more than a year)

Pros

When I first walked into summit I was super excited! Lots of young, energized, good looking people who are really excited about something! As I learned more I was just as excited. I've spent several years getting stuck in middle management and unable to get out. Summit offers really opportunity which is 100% based on performance. There is no seniority. Looooove that

Cons

If you're not looking to work hard than this isn't the place for you. There is a lot of opportunity bc the business is hard and requires 100% focus in and out of the office.

Keep it up!

Aug 27, 2014President

Thanks so much for your review! We're glad to hear that you enjoy our work environment and opportunity to grow your career!