Summit Solutions

Not yet rated.

Chris Homan

Door to Door Sales

Entry Level Sales Representative (Current Employee) San Mateo, CA

Pros-Friendly Environment
    -Seems Like People have fun here
    -Hours seem reasonable Mon-Fri and get off no later than 6pm

Cons-Walking for 8 hours
    -Door to Door sale of office equipement to different businesses
    -Money made is Commission only (No Base Pay)
    -Door to Door sales for 6-12mo before being able to become Assistant Manager
    -Driving far distances
    -No reimbursement for driving and gas used

Advice to Senior ManagementWhen people come in for an interview let this be known upfront before asking if they want to come in the next day for an all day job shadow. I asked if this was a door to door sales job because of the reviews I had read, I was assured that they were looking for people to train as accountant managers. After the job shadow I seen for myself it was nothing but walking for 8 hours trying to sale office supplies to different businesses such as auto shops and saloons. If I was told it was commission only and based on sales I would not have came to the interview or job shadow....Could have saved everyones time.

Jul 4, 2014

Thanks for taking the time to provide us with feedback! We are sorry you misunderstood the position during the interview process. We try to be very clear from the preliminary candidate screening call ... More

Great Opportunity w/Great People

Lead Account Consultant (Current Employee) San Mateo, CA

Prosthey teach you sales, training, team building, goal setting, planning, coaching. they also do tons of cool stuff outside of work like camping, rafting, bbq's, weekly get togethers, sports nights

Consits not just a clock in, clock out "job" they really challenge someone to develop personally and professionaly and if you don't buy into change and personal growth this isn't for you

Advice to Senior Managementkeep growing your business

May 28, 2014

Thanks so much for your review! We are so glad you enjoy our challenging work environment and team building events. We definitely strive to offer our team members big business opportunities, but with ... More

For ambitious individuals seeking a CAREER, not just a JOB!

Business Consultant (Current Employee) San Mateo, CA

Pros- I LOVE going to work everyday knowing all my hard work is going towards my long term goal of having FREEDOM of TIME & MONEY (I've personally had a taste of this already through this business)
    - I couldn't ask to work with a better group of talented, genuine, and energetic people. I don't think of them as co-workers, but as family/friends that are a great support system
    - I really enjoy the unlimited resources we are given on a daily basis to improve in all aspects of life. There are several conferences a year to network and travel. We recently had the opportunity to see Darren Woodson speak in San Antonio, TX. If you're SPORTS MINDED, this should excite you!
    - Each person that works here thrives in the environment of being surrounded by people that know more than they do. The individuals that work here are well educated and truly enjoy helping others. You will notice when you walk into Summit Solutions, you're surrounded with STUDS, as mentioned in another review.

ConsI'm really competitive and love a good challenge, so I don't see any cons thus far that I've experienced.
    - Individuals that are just looking for a job won't fit in.
    - The average person wants to be the smartest person in the room. If this sounds like yourself and you don't get excited about the culture/vibe from the website or visiting the office, then you shouldn't work here.
    - If you feel that having a college degree means you're superior than everyone else, then don't apply. EVERYBODY has a college degree these days.
    - Your work ethic, positive attitude, and student mentality is what gets you far here, so if you aren't confident in those areas don't apply.
    - The average person views failure, whether as a person or company, as negative. If you feel this way, probably not a good fit.
    "Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm."
    Winston Churchill

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you're doing, that's why you have been so successful thus far! I LOVE the open door policy and I feel my opinion does matter. Keep in mind that the weak are always weeded out in any situation in life for a reason. I strongly feel the Management Trainee Program does exactly that.
    "Whatever you do in life, surround yourself with smart people who'll argue with you."
    John Wooden

May 15, 2014

Thank you for your review! We appreciate you taking the time to express what you love about working with Summit Solutions!
  1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Learn business, leadership, sales, training, team building skills

Manager-In-Training (Current Employee) San Mateo, CA

Prosyou will always have mentorship, the work atmosphere and team camaraderie, opportunity for personal and professional growth, sales skills, leadership opportunities, no working weekends!, move up through the training program at your pace, cool trips & sales bonuses, lots of opportunity for making money

Consit's hard to expand comfort zone and break habits that haven't worked for you in the past, this program really challenges you to do that in order for you to be successful.

Advice to Senior Managementkeep doing what you're doing!

May 15, 2014

Thanks so much for your review. We are glad that you feel that working with us has challenged you and given you a great path to hit your goals.

It doesn't even feel like a job, Love the atmosphere, opportunity, and everything else!

ProsThe people are amazing to work with and they are always there for you no matter what. Major focus on training, both personal and professional. Opportunity is huge in this business which is good if you want to work for it.

ConsDefinitely not for people who want to sit around and do nothing. This isn't a con for me but some people might not want to work hard for their earnings and get what they actually deserve.

Advice to Senior ManagementNothing comes to mind. Keep it up everyone!

May 15, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review! We are so glad you enjoy the people you work with. We strive for a great company atmosphere, where people are not only motivated to work hard, but ... More

Finally a company that truly offers growth

Business Consultant (Current Employee) San Mateo, CA

ProsWhen I first walked into summit I was super excited! Lots of young, energized, good looking people who are really excited about something! As I learned more I was just as excited. I've spent several years getting stuck in middle management and unable to get out. Summit offers really opportunity which is 100% based on performance. There is no seniority. Looooove that

ConsIf you're not looking to work hard than this isn't the place for you. There is a lot of opportunity bc the business is hard and requires 100% focus in and out of the office.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep it up!

The people that work here are all studs.

Lead Account Consultant (Former Employee) San Mateo, CA

ProsI really liked working here. To me it was more than just a job - it was a big self-growth opportunity for me, and I was able to surround myself with the best people in the business. You will learn more here doing hands on business than in four years of school. I loved the competitive atmosphere and the drive to succeed.

ConsHard work, need to be decent at time management

Advice to Senior ManagementGet to know the new people a little more!

May 15, 2014

Thanks so much for taking the time to give us feedback. We are glad to hear that you learned a lot during your time with us. We appreciate your advice to get to know the people more, and we took a ... More

Entry Level Management

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsOpportunity for growth is based on performance. They really teach you the skills needed to succeed in Sales: leadership, communication, and marketing skills.

ConsHas to be willing to step out of their comfort zone. Walking from door to door - cold calling.

May 15, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our company. We are glad you learned valuable skills in sales, leadership, and communication while you were with us.

Perfect first career for a college grad. Tons of training and fun environment. You better be an extrovert though...

Entry Level Sales Representative (Current Employee) San Mateo, CA

ProsLOVED the people and the atmosphere, its hard to find a job that you have fun going to. Tons of sales training, this is why I started. I wanted to get my foot in the door to get more experience in B2B sales now that I have a degree.

ConsPay by performance can be tough for some people, I did pretty good though and made about 4K/month before taxes... I only left because another company offered me more money.

Advice to Senior ManagementNothing, thank you for all the mentorship Chris.

May 15, 2014

Thanks for taking the time to review our company. Although you had to move on, we are glad that you had a great experience working with us!

More than just a "JOB"

Lead Account Consultant (Current Employee) San Mateo, CA

ProsThey take you under your wing and really teach you communication skills, business management skills, and leadership skills. Even if you think you already are skilled in sales or training others or communications they teach you how to hone in on these skills and MASTER THEM!

ConsIt's not easy and takes a ton of mental will-power.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep it up.

May 15, 2014

We appreciate your review! You are right, it takes a lot of mental stamina to be in the Account Consultant position. We're glad you feel that you've had great training while working with us.

Worked for Summit Solutions? Contribute to the Community!