Summitworks Technologies

Updated November 22, 2014
Updated November 22, 2014
3.9

Sharma, Hemant

fun place to work with nice and intellectual people

Current Contractor - Senior Software Developer in Princeton, NJ
    Current Contractor - Senior Software Developer in Princeton, NJ

I have been working at Summitworks Technologies as a contractor (more than 3 years)

Pros

The management team is very instructive and helpful to provide career guidance. I started out as a full-time trainee and after that became a consultant working for different clients. I got strong support by the time I was on client site. Meanwhile, I learned new technologies from their training resources a lot.
    I got good hourly rates as a contractor with the clients. And while I was off the projects, I still got fairly good compensation.

Cons

They have a small management team comparing to the total employees in the company. As a consequence, sometimes it takes time for their management to put your issue onto their high priority board. As long as I requested them several times, they were very patient and helpful to solve my problems.

The company needs to be more aggressive with expansion in management as well as various technological project development to compete with other companies in the same industry.

So far so go. I would like to give an honest review here.

Current Employee - .NET Trainee in South Plains, TX
    Current Employee - .NET Trainee in South Plains, TX

I have been working at Summitworks Technologies full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I joined summitworks last month in July 2014. After some initial research I decided to join them. Though reviews were neutral in Google, however I decided to give it a try. May be the stipend thing attracted me. I saw this job posted on monster.com so I decided to apply. I received an email from them just after an hour or so. I called them and talked to a person who was siting in India. It was strange to talk to someone overseas, but that person was good to talk and surprisingly his accent was good. He explained me entire process and sent two docs for review. He wanted me to read the terms & conditions and program overview before taking any decision or moving forward. After going through docs I called them again and they scheduled a phone interview. All went well and now it was time to decide whether to join them. I was little sceptical as there were still some doubts that I wanted to clear so I requested for an in person meeting. After interacting with a Sr Training coordinator and making things crystal clear I made a final decision to join the company.

Its been now almost a month I am working with summitworks and things look fine. The reason for this review is to make others aware of the situation. I had hard time finding reviews and I don't want others to face similar issues. This may not be the best company, but again a decent company to start your career with. No timeline to complete the training. They will give you enough time to learn.

1) friendly work place
    2 ) dotnet training is something that caught my attention.
    3) They pay you even on training :-)
    4) Management: No comments, hardly had any interaction.

Cons

1) Not a very big office
    2) midsized company
    3 ) not a fortune 500 company
    4 ) They have a guest house for people like us who are coming from other states, but the guest remains packed with zero vacancy. I rented a room in edison near the train station at $600 including utility.
    4 ) They will ask you to bring your own laptop at training sessions.
    5 ) They will not listen to you when it comes to deciding salary compensation. They follow their own policy :-( .

No comments. ..

Good Place to work

Current Employee - Software Engineer in South Plainfield, NJ
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in South Plainfield, NJ

I have been working at Summitworks Technologies full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

They will always give you freedom to learn new thing and try to implement new technologies

Cons

While deploying the projects need to go for trouble shot , we don't proper requirement if the client is not fully technical that time little bit challenge

Good company but only 11 or 12 active projects.

Former Employee - Senior Programmer Analyst in South Plainfield, NJ
    Former Employee - Senior Programmer Analyst in South Plainfield, NJ

I worked at Summitworks Technologies full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Salary.
    Friendly atmosphere at NJ office.
    Mr Sharma (President) : Very honest and hard working.
    So so infrastructure in hydrabad (India) office but again a good work place. Excellent work atmosphere at Delhi office (India) . (Never seen hyd n Delhi office, but heard from others.)
    Genuine company not a shady one.

Cons

Only relying of 11 or 12 projects. A Long way to go.
    Honestly they do have talent but I believe energy is going waste.
    They need to rem + ove few people who are good for not + hing.
    Only few KPO clients.
    Mostly projects on Micr+osoft technologies and few on ERPs.

Get more projects.
    Lower management needs some more management lessons.

Good Company and great place to work having friendly work environment...!

Current Employee - Programmer Analyst in Delhi (India)
    Current Employee - Programmer Analyst in Delhi (India)

I have been working at Summitworks Technologies full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Great coworkers and the top management is very supportive and understanding. We always get a good environment to work and our feedbacks and issues are addressed appropriately.

Cons

Only disadvantage is that it is in janak puri.

Unplanned, random work plan. Just has 2-3 projects. No backup

Former Employee - Test in Delhi (India)
    Former Employee - Test in Delhi (India)

I worked at Summitworks Technologies full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Good Compensation. Friendly work atmosphere

Cons

No planning. Very less work strength. No backup with only 2-3 projects in hand.

Get more projects