Sumner Regional Medical Center

www.sumner.org

Sumner Regional Medical Center Reviews

Updated Jul 16, 2014
Sumner Regional Medical Center – Gallatin – “Sumner Regional Medical Center”

Community-feel with a bright future!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Gallatin, TN

ProsSRMC is unlike any other hospital. They really put the patients and families first (with the #1 focus on Customer Service), care about their employees (great benefits, competitive pay), and have an outstanding leadership team (Lifepoint CEO of the Year, future growth is BRIGHT - future career opportunities).

ConsNew leadership = Exciting changes, but growing pains. The hospital has a history of doing things the same way. The new leadership team has implemented new strategies to improve the hospital; however, some tenured employees aren't used to change. Overall, the changes are going to help the hospital/system improve their level of care/customer service.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue making each employee feel valued.

Not as nice as it used to be

Registered Nurse (Current Employee) Gallatin, TN

ProsOther employees have your back and are willing to help you out. Management seems to try to incentivize employees with awards for going above and beyond.

ConsEver-increasing nurse-to-patient ratio and endless paperwork and charting make actual patient care less than optimal. We are often understaffed considering the acuity level and numbers of patients.

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider acuity levels as well as patient census and adjust staffing accordingly. Find ways to eliminate needless charting and consolidate redundant information.

Caring people, frequent leadership changes

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Gallatin, TN

Pros--Workers focused on giving quality care
    --Coworkers care for each other
    --Gives care in areas it's needed

Cons--Change to for-profit has had big impact
    --Frequent changes in local, higher mgmt
    --unsettled environment
    --big area

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

A good place to work

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Gallatin, TN

ProsTreated like family, great benefits, great people, close to home

ConsNot much opportunity for growth in my field

Advice to Senior ManagementTry some new methods of employee motivation

Sumner Regional Health Systems, Inc.

ProsSumner Regional employs some of the most wonderful, caring and kind people in Middle Tennessee. Staff genuinely care about one another, and most importantly, want to offer our patients the best care possible. Our number one asset is our people.

ConsThere has been uncertainty regarding the future of Sumner Regional for approximately two years. The stress of the uncertainty has taken its toll, and people are becoming distracted. The sooner resolution to the future path can be made, the better for all involved.

Advice to Senior ManagementValue your directors. They are the backbone of the organization. It isn't senior management, although the CNO is excellent.

Worked for Sumner Regional Medical Center? Contribute to the Community!