Sun Life

Updated Apr 2, 2014

Sun Life CEO Dean Connor

Dean Connor

1 Employee Review Back to all reviews

If you prefer managing up over doing good work, this is the place for you.

Management (Former Employee)
Kitchener, ON (Canada)

I worked at Sun Life full-time for more than 8 years

ProsAs with any large company, there are significant differences between major business units, and some have better reputations than others. Good brand reputation as a result of significant marketing spend, which will be eroded as staff morale continues to plummet.

ConsHighly patriarchical company, old boys network, many women (not all) who advance based on their looks and willingness to play up to that, men and women who advance by spending their time promoting themselves at the expense of their staff or their own work. In the Individual area, no clear strategic vision, no culture of accountability within the senior management ranks, poor behaviour in clear contradiction of all HR policies ignored or rewarded.

Advice to Senior ManagementOthers have suggested that senior management doesn't have a clue. On the contrary, they know exactly what they're doing - they behave exactly as they are compensated to behave - which is with a focus on short-term results. It shouldn't surprise anyone that this short-term, results-driven approach supports ad-hoc mass layoffs, expense gap band-aids, and quarterly results at the cost of long term top and bottom line growth.

Worked for Sun Life? Contribute to the Community!

Sun Life Videos

Sun Life – Why Work for Us?

Who We Are We’re Sun Life. We’re a leading international financial services company, building on our strengths for nearly 150 years. Our objective is to deliver the best customer experience at every touch point, in… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Sun Life reviews and ratings in Kitchener, ON — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Sun Life CEO Dean Connor. All reviews posted anonymously by Sun Life employees.