Sun Life Reviews

• Part-time
Employment Status

Reset

Interview process

Pros

Promises during interview process however did not transpire.

Cons

During interview process always ask for a written offer going through the steps of your interview

Advice to Management

Be more honest

inexperienced Management

Former Employee - Advisor Technology Support in Ottawa, ON (Canada)
    Former Employee - Advisor Technology Support in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

I worked at Sun Life full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great Colleagues, Great Talent, Incredible Legacy.

Cons

Old school mentality, Management can't handle pressure from upper management, undervalue salary.

Advice to Management

good luck

3. Manager

Current Employee - Manager in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Manager in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Sun Life full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- good work life balance - good pay, good benefits - good for people who are ready to settle and wait for retirement

Cons

- stagnant company with limited growth prospect - work is very syloed - limited opportunity for growth and personal improvement - overstaffed

Advice to Management

Provide employees with greater opportunities for learning and growth Foster a culture of feedback

5. Advisor

I have been working at Sun Life (More than 5 years)

Pros

100% full commission = I love what I do - Helping people acheive their financial goals.

Cons

Once hired you are on your own. I rarely hear from the management. Sun Life is in the business of recruitment - once you sign up your friends and family they move onto the next one. When you need help they won't be there for you!! Don't let them trick you by saying they dont have a grid - because THEY DO. You must not drop below a level 3 or your pay decreases. When you call the advisor line - you must call back three times because they give you three different answers for the same question - lacks professionalism!!! You must pay for your office space, laptop, phone and Sun Life benefits are mandatory - Yes you pay for them.

Bottom line driven

Current Employee - Customer Services Representative
    Current Employee - Customer Services Representative

I have been working at Sun Life full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Seems nice when you first start and then it hits you

Cons

Salaries are not competitive and will only get worse with the focus on keeping #1 status High turnover And therefore always doing double the work however the key is getting this done with absolutely no overtime *in certain business area No recognition for work above and beyond as long as you can breathe and type keep going. The wrong people are in management positions and have not a clue in the world. Senior management doesn't care if the whole office quits as long as the bottom line is strong. Feedback from exit interviews goes in the garbage *wish I was joking The new vision for the company is get it done quicker, cheaper and incorrectly over and over again. The company would rather pay the bright promise service guarantee to clients instead of keep staff and do it right the first time. This ship is sinking all in the name of profits, short term profits that is. This way of running this organization is not sustainable. I thought I would be here for many years and I'm already completely fed up and leaving. Do yourself a favour and choose the other option. I'm not writing this so sun life sees it and wants to change (we all know that will never happen) I'm writing this so that you don't accept a full time position in hell.

Advice to Management

It's a lost cause really and no one at sun life will ever care enough to read these. But if they did I would say remember that all those people who make sun life #1 are humans with families and lives. Don't be so cheap and promote slave driving.

Stay away from this company

Former Employee - Regional Vice President in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Former Employee - Regional Vice President in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I worked at Sun Life (More than 3 years)

Pros

Work from home from time to time.

Cons

The company has no clear directions, runs by people only want to benefit themself.

8. Advisor

Former Employee - Ontario in Kitchener, ON (Canada)
    Former Employee - Ontario in Kitchener, ON (Canada)

I worked at Sun Life full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great products to provide full financial planning

Cons

High pressure to sell insurance at almost any cost. Poor lack of true customer service as selling products is more important

Advice to Management

re-evaluate new Advisor book of business from vaulted clients and provide enough time and money to re-build trust with these clients.

9. Associate Analyst

Current Employee - Programmer Analyst - Java Developer in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I have been working at Sun Life full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good organisation for Experienced Professionals

Cons

limited technology stack highly constrained work environment not good at all for starting carrer

10. not the best not the worst

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Pros

You get a great Discount

Cons

you really have nowhere to go

Advice to Management

open your eyes

11. group insurance

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Windsor, CT
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Windsor, CT

Pros

flexible work schedule decent work station little micromanagement

Cons

little to no opportunity for advancement little to no training. learn as you go. little motivation to excel (see above regarding zero opportunity for advancement) stale environment review process is stunted

Advice to Management

Forget status quo and start recognizing your internal talent. Treat them accordingly. You'd be surprised what you'd see out of them.

RSS Feed </> Embed