Sun Loan Company

1 Rating

AMAZING COMPANY

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Jefferson City, MO
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Jefferson City, MO

I have been working at Sun Loan Company full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I'm going to have to completly disagree with the other rating of this company I read. Yes SLC has high expectations of there employees but this is THE MOST caring and amazing company I have ever had the pleasure of working with. I feel like I am respected for my talents and my hard work and my annual reviews and raises reflect that. Sure the bonuses dont come if your goals arnt met but thats all up to you and your team and how much effort youre willing to put into your accounts. I LOVE SUN LOAN I LOVE MY COWORKERS AND MY BOSS AND MY SUPERVISOR AND HER SUPERVISOR!!!! AMAAAZZZING PEOPLE!!! couldnt ask for anything better

Cons

If you dont have a full staff it is much more challenging to hit your goals and collect those bonuses. but in my opinion thats the name of the game!

value your employees like my manager does :) i love her!!

Performance Based-Based on your tolerance

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Nashville, TN
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Nashville, TN

I worked at Sun Loan Company full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Team environment

Get to know people in the community

Cons

You have to upsell people into renewing their loan and keeping them in debt. This becomes difficult when you know they will never get out of this cycle.

Some upper-management is extremely unprofessional and gossip based.

Having to go door to door in sketchy areas to collect money is a very dangerous situation and should not be a collection method for any company

Have an office car-if you want employees to collect money at customers homes provide them a vehicle to help reduce employee cost on maintenance

Offer a more competitive pay

Has good points and bad.

Current Employee - Branch Manager
    Current Employee - Branch Manager

I have been working at Sun Loan Company full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

If you have a full staff and everyone does there jobs you can make some pretty good bonuses. But that's an aweful big IF!

Cons

Horrible base pay for a company. Several competitors will pay you a much better base pay. They tell you how much hour bonus can be, but if you don't have a full staff and employees willing to work you can kiss those goodbye. They are horrible at giving annual reviews and raises. Won't even keep up with cost of living. Each year I have essentially made less and less. Not a very man friendly companyin my opinion.

Stop micro managing your people. Pay them good wages then let them do the job. Not just look for the to take blame for under staffing and poor training on your half.