Sun Precautions

Not yet rated.

Shaun Hughes

Fun job helping people!

Seattle, WA

I worked at Sun Precautions full-time for more than a year

ProsRelaxed work environment, you get the opportunity to assist with many different things if you take the initiative. Always looking for new and improved ways of bettering the business.
Also, you are helping people with very serious medical needs, which I feel is very rewarding.

ConsNo complaints other than the building gets warm during the summers and cold during the winters.

Not a great place to have a long term career

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Sun Precautions full-time for less than a year

ProsYou get to do many things if you want to take initiative

ConsOld employees do not want to share information. The management is dictatorial and very insecure and confused. New ideas and suggestions are never welcome. No growth plans

Prepare to be micro-managed

I worked at Sun Precautions as a contractor

ProsI'm usually an optimist and I can't think of a single thing I liked about working here. They provided free tea which one of my coworkers liked.

Cons* The founder of Sun Precautions is an extreme micro-manager and has a very bloated self-image (he has 4 foot tall images of himself hanging in his own office...). He comes from a very privileged background and likes to brag about his golf game or the fun of owning a mini-cooper, which I found alienated a lot of people in his office.
* Communication is poor, especially for such a small company. If there's a problem, no one will tell you directly. Instead, the HR manager will be dragged into the middle of it which wasted a lot of time.
* Again, for a small company, there is a lack of community feel.
* Confusing brand identity. You are told you cater to one customer segment, but in reality, you are doing business with a completely different segment. Muddles up the marketing process.

Advice to Senior ManagementTone it down.

Worked for Sun Precautions? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Sun Precautions reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Sun Precautions CEO Shaun Hughes. All reviews posted anonymously by Sun Precautions employees.