Sun Products Corporation

www.sunproductscorp.com

Sun Products Corporation Reviews

Updated Jul 7, 2014

Sun Products Corporation Chairman, President & Chief Executive Officer Jeffrey P. Ansell

Jeffrey P. Ansell

Current manager

Customer Development Manager (Current Employee) Wilton, CT

ProsGreat people! Good benefits, but beware, the company is eliminating benefits to save money (education assistance).

ConsThis place will make you age quickly. People work hard and make huge contributions, but lack of direction and recognition hurts morale.

Advice to Senior ManagementI used to work for a company that had good HR leadership. Sun needs to upgrade in this area. Makes a big difference.

Strong strategy, weak culture

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Wilton, CT

Pros- Management has strong grasp of issues, appears to have good strategy for growth
    - Attracts highly talented people
    - Great benefits

Cons- Low pay
    - High turnover
    - Excessive workload

Advice to Senior ManagementGive overworked, underpaid employees a good reason to stick it out with the company

Headed in right direction, but serious morale problem.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Bowling Green, KY

ProsThe pay is pretty good, depending on which department you find yourself in. Some of the managers are great, some are terrible. Nepotism seems to have run rampant in the past. It looks like upper management is trying to take care of that by demoting unqualified managers.

ConsThe main complaint would be the overall attitude of most of the employees. It is usually a generally grumpy place. Most departments stay understaffed, so mandatory overtime is a monthly to weekly occurrence, depending on your department.

Advice to Senior ManagementPut more of an emphasis on educating everyone on Kaizen/LSS. Continue to work on improving workplace morale. The place has improved tremendously in Bowling Green since Terry Walsh took over.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

It payed the bills.

ProsGood hourly rate pays the bills, good medical insurance, fun co-workers, close to home, clean working conditions, upheld safety standards.

ConsPlant shut down on June 27, 2014, need to look for new job, miss working with co-workers, not knowing what is head for the future.

Hard work in a challenging category, but plenty of opportunity to make an impact.

Director (Current Employee) Wilton, CT

ProsSmall company feel with an outsized business (Household Cleaning) keeps the pace very fast. Limited management layers keeps you connected with leadership. Plenty of opportunity to make a name for yourself.

ConsHistoric, competitive market is very demanding on your time. Lots of pressure to move fast which forces decisions that can be reactionary.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to think lean and mean and with resources that are absolutely essential to the goal.

Great brands with downfalls

Manager (Former Employee) Wilton, CT

ProsGreat co-workers, culture, benefits and training. Allows for strong learning in the consumer goods industry among great brands, customers and co-workers. Benefits and training competitive or better than normally expected in the industry.

ConsExcessive voluntary and involuntary turnover as management consistently appears to be changing focus. This leaves co-workers very nervous and hinders the hiring or retention of best candidates.

Advice to Senior ManagementThink long term and stay focused

"Challenging work but, employees don't get recognized for their personal daily accomplishments"

Chemist (Current Employee) Baltimore, MD

ProsIt's a job and nowadays, that says a lot.

ConsWhen you're owned by an equity firm (Vestar in this case), don't expect much as far as pay and benefits. Company doesn't recognize employee's skills and talents.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your employees more and make them feel like they're part of the company. Develop their skill sets no matter what jobs they do.

Great place to work with a lot of advancement opportunities available.

Assistant Project Manager (Current Employee) Baltimore, MD

ProsVery stable job, great people, talented management

ConsThey moved and closed our plant.

Advice to Senior ManagementThank you, keep up the good work.

Comfortable place to work but it is closing the Baltimore operation

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Baltimore, MD

ProsFocus on one product line, just laundry care.
    Flexible hours for support staff.
    Strong orientation towards people having a life outside of work.

ConsPeople are not held responsible for their performance.
    Organization is flat to the point of no direction given.
    Problems are identified but no one is given responsibility to make sure that the problem gets fixed.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhile it is great to empower people to do their jobs as they see fit, there still needs to be accountability.

plant closing in baltimore

Operator (Current Employee) Baltimore, MD

Prosgreat pay and great people. UNION !!!

Consthe plant is closing and i have to find another job in Maryland the state that loves to tax the life out of any business

Advice to Senior Managementkeep up the great job

– I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company

Worked for Sun Products Corporation? Contribute to the Community!