Sun Products Corporation

www.sunproductscorp.com

Sun Products Corporation Reviews

Updated December 10, 2014
Updated December 10, 2014

Sun Products Corporation Chairman, President & Chief Executive Officer Jeffrey P. Ansell
Jeffrey P. Ansell

My management is unappreciative and condescending, hindering results with unneccsary processes.

I have been working at Sun Products Corporation

Pros

Great benefits and a good wellness program .

Cons

There is no consistency with n processes, they seem to make them up as they go. NO merit increases last year. High turnover rate and they are losing long time employees. No career development.

Show your employees they are valued, show employees they are respected. Listen to them when they tell you waht works instead of dismissing them.

Was good when it was Unilever

I worked at Sun Products Corporation

Pros

Decent pay and good people

Cons

Management doesn't listen to its workers

Pay attention to what your employees have to say

When private equity acquires a business and doesn't trust the people that got the company to where it was, nobody wins.

Former Employee - Anonymous
    Former Employee - Anonymous

I worked at Sun Products Corporation (more than 10 years)

Pros

Benefits. Decent wages (depending on the job). Friendly coworkers.

Cons

New management unwilling to properly assess existing processes, products, people and systems. Inevitable fallout in sales, people and productivity due to short-sightedness. East coast vs. West coast mentality doesn't build unity. The slogan, "One Sun" was not practiced by senior management. Dress code for business personnel was ridiculous. (No docker type pants for instance)

Do more due diligence on your next acquisition. Trust existing management more instead of pulling your buddies out of early retirement to replace them at 2x or more cost.
    A successful company doesn't have to be headquartered in NY or CT. There are far more effective and cheaper places to run a business.

Private Company with potential but morale struggles

Current Employee - Manager in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Manager in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Sun Products Corporation full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

pay is good, work-life balance varies by department, strong cultural values, team members support each other, brand names and products you can be proud of.

Cons

staffing is so lean at this point that it's exposed to execution slip-ups; multiple years of struggling to achieve a decent bonus is disheartening to the loyal and dedicated employees. "next year..." is starting to fall on deaf ears.

Started off strong, but there was a change in management

Current Employee - Category Insights Manager in Bentonville, AR
    Current Employee - Category Insights Manager in Bentonville, AR

I have been working at Sun Products Corporation full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Work/Life Balance is incredible here. Pay is good. Previous manager was very flexible and collaborative.

Cons

This is still the good 'ol boys club. There is an inability to adapt to today's virtual business and are passive aggressive and almost pouty when they are challenged to evolve. Communication is awful, you will be all but ignored if you are not one of the boys. Because if this lack of communication, they can't give a clear path to your role, or do they know how to develop you and they admit that.

Ooof!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wilton, CT
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wilton, CT

I worked at Sun Products Corporation full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

There are none that I can think of.

Cons

Miserable place to work. No civility. No loyalty from management or to management. If you want to work 40 hours a week and get away with doing little while there, then this is the place for you.

Resign and let some competent senior management come in to make the (right) decisions that you are not. A new management team might actually be able to make some nimble decisions that will make the company some top and bottom line. Gripped in indecision is no way to manage a company. Hopefully the PE management will see the incompetence of current management and make some changes.

Great brands, poor culture

Former Employee - Manager in Wilton, CT
    Former Employee - Manager in Wilton, CT

I worked at Sun Products Corporation full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great brands for each consumer segment, very talented employees, good inter-employee relationships, competitive compensation/benefits.

Cons

Leadership: constantly changing, lacking vision and motivation, creating punitive culture, reactive, micromanaging rather than leading. Workload unreasonable. Employee appreciation lacking.

Create a vision for the company. Create a culture of appreciation. Add some creativity and true marketing to the bookkeeping. Be realistic about the resources you have.

Great place for internships!

Former Employee - Process Engineer Intern in Trumbull, CT
    Former Employee - Process Engineer Intern in Trumbull, CT

I worked at Sun Products Corporation full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Friendly and very kind people! Great internship program and great pay for interns! Allow flexible hours. Good working environment. Nice building.

Cons

It is a fast paced environment where plans and assignments can change a lot within a short period of time.

Good experience but some management concerns

I worked at Sun Products Corporation

Pros

Good people generally, pay is pretty good for the marketplace

Cons

Recent management changes have left the company somewhat dyslexic about their direction, promotions less likely in certain areas of the company

Steady decline in maintenance and production since created.

Former Employee - Mechanical Technician in Baltimore, MD
    Former Employee - Mechanical Technician in Baltimore, MD

I worked at Sun Products Corporation full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The fact that I'm not employed by this Investment Capital Train Wreck is the only positive outcome of this venture for me.

Cons

Our modern, high production, Union plant was destined for the chopping block ever since the Sun Products Corporation was created. Our production potential was purposely stifled to finance a non union facility in another state. The market share we once celebrated was sacrificed as well.

My advice to management was dismissed! We had a high volume, modern facility in the mid Atlantic region that could handle all the production for the eastern half of the country. We also had sufficient room for corporate offices, research laboratories and product expansion. We were ignored in favor of corporate Offices and Research labs in Connecticut, and a new manufacturing facility in Bowling Green Kentucky. Being owned by a Venture Capitalist is being subject to a quick flip, and we were the discarded property!

Sun Products Corporation Photos