SunGard

SunGard Reviews

Updated Jul 11, 2014

SunGard President, CEO and Director Russell P. (Russ) Fradin

Russell P. (Russ) Fradin

Pros
  • If you are put in right project they work life balance would be excellent(in 38 reviews)

• flexible work times, easy work environment, good salary, good work life balance(in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • Though upper management is overly dependent on micro management(in 12 reviews)

• Very fragmented structure with multiple business units , complicated communications(in 9 reviews)

Refreshing to partner with passionate associates

Consultant (Former Employee) Burlington, MA

ProsThey listen to your ideas and implement your suggestions

ConsNo challenges just good oportunities

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to be more transparent

SunGard is an excellent choice for a career

Vice President (Current Employee) Irvine, CA

ProsOpportunity to contribute to the transformation of the company, smart co-workers, great opportunity for advancement

ConsSunGard has been slow to invest in best in class financial systems and infrastructure, although that is beginning to change

Advice to Senior ManagementSenior management is making some very smart strategic changes.

No vision

QA Analyst (Current Employee) Bangalore (India)

Prosflexible work times, easy work environment, good salary, good work life balance

Consno vision or road map for india centers, weak indian managers, poor appraisal system

Advice to Senior Managementimprove process within the organisation and indian managers should make themselves voiced

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

TEST LEAD

Test Lead (Current Employee) Bangalore (India)

ProsGood place to work
    Opportunity to gain knowledge

ConsGrowth rate in terms of Designation is not as much as in other place

Bad Management with no way to stop declining sales.

IT Manager (Current Employee) Wayne, PA

ProsNot many. Management is too reactive to classify anything in the Pro category. Free Coffee.

ConsDisorganized SR Management. Sales Ops team is a joke. IT ignores them. Declining Sales with no way to stop the bleeding. Data issues and irregularities. Constant fire drills. No plan. Tons of turnover.

Advice to Senior ManagementGood luck with the spin off.

Not forward looking

Systems Analyst (Former Employee) North Atlanta, GA

ProsGood salary. Good work from home policy since they closed the local office.

ConsNot forward looking, very little chance for advancement. No sense of job security - people are let go all too often, and there does not seem to be a relationship between the people who are let go and the effectiveness of that person in their job.

Advice to Senior ManagementSupport the people who work their tails off.

Treated a 24/ 7 job like a 9 to 5. No incentives. Poor managment.

Mid Range Specialist II (Current Employee) Carlstadt, NJ

ProsSome of the folks that work at Sungard are enjoyable to work with. The hours when employed were nice and convenient.

ConsThe Management is absolutely heartless. When Sungard acquired Comdisco, they of course promised the world. They decided to fire people the week before christmas. Made a comment to my manager which he didn't like. F' him. I hate this place.

Advice to Senior ManagementRetire

Very good culture

Senior Engineer - Product Development (Current Employee) Pune (India)

ProsGood Culture, Management is good, good opportunities and emphasis on learning

Conshiring whould be central, not specific to teams

Advice to Senior Managementkeep it up

Not the best company in the world

ProsForcing of bad technologies and products

ConsSalary isn't bad, Working hours are relativly standard, there isn't overtime.

A company in transition

Vice President (Former Employee) Jacksonville, FL

ProsSunGard offers good benefits, and has some great people working there, many who are devoted to their customers.

ConsSince the LBO, the organizational structure has been transitioning from a business unit centered structure (or silos) to a far more inefficient functional organizational structure. This causes senior management to have to know and understand the operations of many business units, their needs, and their customer base. This is a failing proposition. The organization is also embracing off-shoring, an exercise that is doomed to fail in the long term, and which can only hurt the company as foreign employees leave SunGard to pursue better paying jobs, taking with them the expertise necessary to maintain operations.

Advice to Senior ManagementPut control of your business units back with the folks that know and understand the products. Senior management cannot know, nor understand, the breadth of business that they are being asked to, and as such, the business units suffer.

Worked for SunGard? Contribute to the Community!