SunGard

SunGard Reviews

Updated Jul 6, 2014

SunGard President, CEO and Director Russell P. (Russ) Fradin

Russell P. (Russ) Fradin

Pros:
  • "If you are put in right project they work life balance would be excellent"
    in 37 reviews
  • "flexible work times, easy work environment, good salary, good work life balance"
    in 14 reviews
Cons:
  • "Though upper management is overly dependent on micro management"
    in 12 reviews
  • "Very fragmented structure with multiple business units , complicated communications"
    in 9 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Not the best company in the world

ProsForcing of bad technologies and products

ConsSalary isn't bad, Working hours are relativly standard, there isn't overtime.

Once great, now slowly sinking.

Parsippany, NJ

Proswages can be competitive and there's a good chance you'll run into some excellent people all throughout the organization that are great at their job and excellent to work with. They do attract some good talent.

ConsAnnual reorgs for no apparent reason. unless you're upper management or sales you won't be raking in big bonuses and perks but they are there. Massive drive to move everything possible to Florida, but again unless you're high enough up relocation help isn't available. Layoffs/downsizing/rightsizing seem to be happening more and more frequently with a big push to get and stay very lean. Work Life balance has become non-existant for many, depending on your role/department. Benefits get worse and worse each year.

Advice to Senior Managementthe company is TOO lean, with many co-workers working 6 days a week just to keep up, with no compensation for doing so. Forcing older workers out in favor of hiring someone with no experience for less in FL is seriously draining the knowledge base of Sungard's products and it is being reflected in the increasingly unhappy customer base.

Unfocused in the market, uncommunicative to employees

Analyst (Former Employee)

ProsGood work/life balance
    Excellent and competent peer co-workers
    Decent benefits

ConsUnfocused product strategy; the company can't seem to decide between building or buying, which confuses the market as well.
    Very little communication between management and employees leaves you guessing as to how to benchmark your own performance.

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunicate to your employees what is expected of them and provide professional training and development if they lack specific skills.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Company Is Falling Apart

Sales Executive (Current Employee)
    New York, NY

ProsKnowledgeable people, global presence, name recognition

ConsOn-going cost and benefits reduction program (going on for 5 years), lack of investment into product development, no collaboration between product groups, impossible to fulfill quotas, new commission plan has lower payouts, high turn-over, just announced up-coming head count reduction because they have not met thier financial projections, management is only focused on thier budget and spreadsheets,

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest in your products and people. You neglect both

legacy product hub

Senior Business Analyst (Former Employee)
    Pune (India)

Prosopportunity to learn, new financial product,good work life balance

Consboring and lazy place, no career growth

Advice to Senior Managementlisten to employee

no opportunities on work,environment,management

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosgood facilities,recreations,fun at work,good work environment

Consnot much growth,not much opportunities,not good salary

Has potential, but typically

Monitoring Technician (Current Employee)
    Thornton, CO

ProsPlenty of different technology to learn. Schedule gives plenty of days off.

ConsNo leadership qualities in management. No accountability. Projects are rarely fully thought through. A lot of micromanagement, does not promote a culture of creative thinking unless in a clique.

Very few written processes or impossible to find if they have been written. Feedback on how the process is working is not asked from the people that are required to follow it.

Lower Management promotes Favoritism.

Advice to Senior ManagementPromote cross-pollination of information between different departments. Change the mindset of pushing back tickets to the original assigning group to moving the ticket forward. It's all of our jobs to help the customer.

Current Employee

Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee)
    Ontario, CA

ProsWas a good copany to work for, my product is closing on end of life, and there are no propects else where in the company for me, strange for such a large company

Consno inter company movement, or mechanism is in place, or, it is very hard to find

Advice to Senior Managementinter company movement, needs to be improved, I have heard for years that it is iproving, but I have not seen any improvement

Flexible working hours is good point about SunGard,

SSE (Former Employee)

ProsFlexible working hours is good point about SunGard,

ConsWorst appraisal's for existing employees

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide good opportunities to existing employee's

Lots of potential but accountants run the show

Manager (Current Employee)

ProsSunGard, Recovery Services, is an exciting environment that allows technicians full freedom to learn and do things that most folks only dream about. Due to our hands on approach we learn more in 6 months across more enterprise equipment than most people do in production for years. The excitement of recovering clients during a disaster is like no other workplace - you know you're doing good by helping out companies and ultimately, people.

ConsManagement talks about caring and that people are valuable. Unfortunately that's only talk, it always, always, comes down to money for them.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop pretending that your employees are important. Either do it or be truthful about it. You'll get more respect as a result.

Worked for SunGard? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at SunGard reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for SunGard CEO Russell P. (Russ) Fradin. All 247 reviews posted anonymously by SunGard employees.