SunGard Financial Systems

Be The First To
Add Photos

SunGard Financial Systems President & CEO Russ Fradin

Russ Fradin

Pros
  • work life balance was good and compensation was average to market standard(in 20 reviews)

• Global Working Environment: Get to work with people from all over the world(in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • Local senior management is beholden to corporate and seems powerless to push improvements through(in 11 reviews)

• There are not many opportunities for career growth or changing roles within company(in 5 reviews)

Great people but not a great company anymore

Vice President (Former Employee) Boston, MA

ProsWorld wide scope, great people , enormous range of business, applications and opportunities

ConsThe company is so wrapped up in a future sale they have forgotten their customer. Leadership is not interested in anything but a sale. Penny wise pound foolish they mask bug fixes as new functionality while continuing to disinvest in their people and core tech that exists only in powerpoint

Advice to Senior ManagementCustomer retention in the long run is easier than customer acquisition. Management needs to relate to the customer btw the customer is usually north American

Out-dated systems, company will not invest in products

ProsGreat career advancement opportunities if you are a go-getter

ConsAn overwhelming percentage of systems are outdated and define the term "legacy systems". Management looks for quick fixes and will not do what is necessary revamp existing systems. SunGard will be looking to IPO again and all management decisions seen short-term in nature.

– I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company

Bad no professional

Senior Consultant (Current Employee) Alpharetta, GA

ProsEasy way to get in

ConsIgnorance, sadness, no training, software lousy

Advice to Senior ManagementGet a life

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Horrible

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe "Pros" have left the firm. At this point, this division of SunGard is a joke. There is no leadership; only "fiefdoms" with child-like squabbling. Screaming and temper tantrums are common among managers. This, in turn, leads to very poor product lines, repleat with defects and poor functionality.

ConsHaha! See "Pros". Honestly, too many to list. But there is a word minimum. Severe lack of vision, inappropriate and obnoxious behavior by management, very bad suite of products.

Advice to Senior ManagementDo the company a favor....leave. Advice to board....fire management. Rebuild.

Sungard Experience

ProsCasual atmosphere. Location in NH

ConsLarge slow moving company. Technology and product are very old. Technology decisions are personal instead of beneficial to the product line. Majority of developers are located overseas.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to move out of the past when the company had no real competitors. Try to give team members input instead of the Micromanagement approach. Try not to single out team members for special treatment and treat the rest of the employees equally.

Inside four walls

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Voorhees, NJ

ProsFast growth for internal business. Changing environment.

ConsLeadership is missing. Never heard or understood employee suggestions or concerns. It is management's way or the highway. Too much oversea support, brings it back to the USA. Focus on the real business needs and higher a true sales force. way too lean in the USA.

Advice to Senior ManagementSell the business. Computer Services group is suffering, end it now.

Finding the way

ProsThe company is trying to grow talent internally by encouraging new career planning, and career discussions. Focus on trying to enhance existing software products and improving development.

ConsDecentralization leads to lack of ownership and a lack of focus. Leadership is more than just reviewing where we have been, but it lays out a plan to the company as a whole regarding the plan on how to achieve the results. Simply saying something without a plan will not make it so.

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunicate communicate communicate. If there is a plan for the future direction of the have the courage to share your vision and how you expect to get there.

Good and Not so Good

Sales Executive (Current Employee)

ProsGreat income. Great benefits. If money is what you care about this is the place for you.

Cons24 by 7. High pressure. No balance, except compensation. Compensation is excellent and fair considering the commitment.

Great Place to Work!!!!!

ProsGreat people, great work environment, good pay and benefits. Senior Management continues to make changes and great improvements for the company,

ConsLong hours, need more employee recognition

Advice to Senior ManagementGreat Senior Management team - continue to make the changes needed to continue to grow SunGard. Improve technologies so systems work together which would improve productivity.

Frustrating

Sales Executive (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsThe connections that you make. So many people come and go that you end up with contacts all over the industry

ConsToo many managers with their own agendas. They actually make closing business difficult and get in the way of deals. No real culture to speak of since it has grown through acquisition. It was one of the most negative work experiences that I have ever had.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop sparring with each other and actually help your salespeople close business rather than just protecting your turf.

Worked for SunGard Financial Systems? Contribute to the Community!