SunGard

SunGard Reviews

Updated Jul 31, 2014

SunGard President, CEO and Director Russell P. (Russ) Fradin

Russell P. (Russ) Fradin

Pros
  • If you are put in right project they work life balance would be excellent (in 39 reviews)

• flexible work times, easy work environment, good salary, good work life balance (in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • Though upper management is overly dependent on micro management (in 12 reviews)

• Very fragmented structure with multiple business units , complicated communications (in 10 reviews)

More Highlights

Good company with limited career growth

Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsNice perks: Can work from home from time to time, great gifts on your 5-10-15 years at work.

Smart developers

Constantly improving the release cycle and following the best practices.

ConsRe-organization can happen frequently so this can be stressful.

Depending on the above, you can have a manager that doesn't share the same vision or ideas at all with the previous one so you will need to adapt.

over all good experience

ProsGreat Salary and Benefits, work from home allowed

Constoo many reorg is not good for the company and employees either

Advice to Senior Managementplease do not reorg too much

Love my coworkers

ProsI have an amazing group of coworkers, which is one the reasons that I have stayed as long as I have.
    My immediate managers are caring and genuinely look out for those people who work under them .

ConsLack of concern for employee morale, limited ability to move up in the company, high benefit copays and stagnant salary.

Advice to Senior ManagementWith the lack of even basic loving raises and the increased cost of benefits, many employees are making less than they did years ago.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

I had an overall positive experience interviewing with SunGard

Consultant (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsThey offered more than I expected. Office culture seems to be very laid back.

ConsI haven't started working yet so I have none to speak of so far

Diverse, Positive, Open

ProsTransparency, Multi-ethnic, Many opportunities to learn

ConsSome days can be slow

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue being transparent and open

The worst VFP Programming Code I have ever worked with (Public Sector)

Software Developer III (Former Employee)

ProsThe people were great to work with. However, there was very little communication with your immediate supervisor or managers. An 8-5 job so they didn't expect long hours. That is a good thing because any more time spent in front of the some of the sloppiest program code on the planet was enough to drive you insane.

ConsOn your first day they sit you in front of a computer expecting you to unravel spaghetti code. It was a nightmare. I dreaded going to work every day.

Advice to Senior ManagementSpend more time with your people. Have new developers team up with developers that have been there for a while (the ones that could handle the piece of crap programming code) and at least show them what they are getting into. Actually, maybe they should sit down with potential developer candidates but then they may not be able to hire any VFP developers.

Continual change in management and expectations

ProsWith right set of managers you have the ability to take ownership of projects and move forward.

ConsConstant Management change and new prioritizing of goals makes it difficult to met expectations timely.

Senior Software Engineer

Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsOverall people in Sungard are nice people

ConsCost cutting at a lot of level, a lot outsource to India.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere is a lot of talent in US that know the business logic better.

Sales People Treated like "Pawns" towards The Management's Quota and Club Reservations

Senior Sales Executive (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsThey serve Starbucks coffee...and have a nice surplus of legal pads and pens.

ConsSales Compensation and Quotas are not in line with the Industry trends and the "solution selling" messaging the company subscribes to.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to actually listen to the Sales People on what is going on and work accordingly to streamline instead of making "gut" like decisions or picking favorites when driving opportunities.

To many layoff and turnovers in Philadelphia location

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsTalented group of young, friendly and professional group in

ConsSome mid management unethical and unprofessional

Advice to Senior ManagementReward the right employees

Worked for SunGard? Contribute to the Community!