SunTrust

www.suntrust.com

SunTrust Reviews

Updated Jul 25, 2014

SunTrust President and CEO William H. (Bill) Rogers Jr.

William H. (Bill) Rogers Jr.

Pros
  • Great Company to work for, understand the importance of work life balance(in 36 reviews)

• Good benefits and working with retail branch employees was nice(in 56 reviews)

Cons
  • upper management had a old south mentality not many other races in management(in 40 reviews)

• The job as a Branch Manager did not allow for work life balance(in 28 reviews)

Management

ProsGreat company, great teammates, great atmosphere. Incentive package is great too

ConsSuntrust doesn't promote from within. Always hiring from the outside and changing the focus each time.

Advice to Senior ManagementPromote those who work hard and are still with you throughout the tough times

Like working here

Commercial Banker (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsInternal re focus to better align people skills to target market. I like the direction this position is going.

ConsThe internal systems seem to be a mis-mash of programs. Nothing seems to pull data together with ease. This isn't much different than other banks I've worked for but it would be nice for a financial institution to keep up with our client base with respect to systems.

Great Company to work for, Met very nice people.

Client Service Specialist (Current Employee) Okahumpka, FL

ProsCustomer Service is what I enjoy the most

ConsHave to leave because of a car accident, my spine got hurt at that time and was very painful to walk, stand, sit etc.

Advice to Senior ManagementThey are great trainers, just keep doing it. I had best training .

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great company with lots of opportunities if you are willing to work hard

GVP (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsGreat growth opportunities within the corporate organization

Consperiodic layoffs due to market conditions

Advice to Senior ManagementGrow the company into additional markets as SunTrust has a good product offering and competes well against other larger banks.

SunTrust was a very good employer and my employment there was a very positive experience

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsThe people that I worked with are a great group of professionals. Many opportunities to utilize your skills to make a difference for the team.

ConsTypical challenges of a very big company - navigating the organization to get things done.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to what the feedback from employees.

Great company to work for.

ProsGreat atmosphere. Employees are like your family. Great place to start your career. Good benefits package. Management is flexible and understanding.

ConsToo many training courses not related to your position or line of work.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work

The best bank

Teller Coordinator (Current Employee) Fairfax, VA

ProsTime flexibility opportunity of growth

ConsNo concerns it's a good bank

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't follow Wells Fargo

Personable

Personal Banker (Current Employee) Matthews, NC

ProsBeautiful office, Upper Management are client focused.

ConsNo privacy, Unable to sell in a confidential environment. Personal Bankers have high goals with no ability to to have an in depth conversation without out others hearing your conversation

Advice to Senior ManagementLover goals or have a space where bankers can talk more freely with customers or an office where clients can feel safer speaking about there business

Client Service Specialist

Client Service Specialist (Current Employee) Hernando, FL

ProsNot open late or weekends at location

ConsEverything revolves around sales and more sales

I'm in love!

FInancial Services Representative III (Current Employee) Titusville, FL

ProsSunTrust is very "Client Needs" based culture. I am new to the company and I have seen at lease 2 people getting promoted with in my first 2 months of being with SunTrust. At BOA where I worked for 7 years, not many people had advancement opportunities, so this is great to see. The bank is very culture oriented with it's teammates because there are all walks of life with different experiences and many teammates with years and years of tenure. There are tons of down to earth professionals working at this company. They will reward hard work and they do pay financial pay outs for meeting goals. I love the people I work with at my branch and at the training facility.

ConsThe instore locations (like in Walmart and other stores) do not have the own restrooms so you have to share the public restrooms everyday. The instore branches are very small but you get accustomed quickly. There is a lot of driving for training BUT they pay for your travel AND time, because they want you to be trained well and prepared.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the great culture, it promotes teammates to be themselves which in the end drives results and helps each teammate to be successful by being down to earth with the clients and helping them with their financial well being. Without product pushing or selling them something they will not use and don't need. ...I just love it and I am honored to be a SunTrust teammate.

Worked for SunTrust? Contribute to the Community!