SunTrust
www.suntrust.com Atlanta, GA 5000+ Employees

SunTrust Reviews

Updated Jul 9, 2014

SunTrust President and CEO William H. (Bill) Rogers Jr.

William H. (Bill) Rogers Jr.

Pros:
  • "You will have a good work life balance if you manage your time effectively"
    in 31 reviews
  • "Good benefits and working with retail branch employees was nice"
    in 58 reviews
Cons:
  • "Very product pushy and upper management liked to micro-manage"
    in 38 reviews
  • "Hard to transition from Branch Manager position into Corporate"
    in 25 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

SunTrust Rocks!

Loan Underwriter/Consumer Lending (Current Employee)
    Orlando, FL

ProsCompetetive Salaries, Execellent Opportunities. This company seems to value its employees. Recently when the economic times changed, and we all feared our jobs were in jeaopardy, SunTrust stood by us. Weather we had to be temporarly re-allocated to another department or moved to another job all-together, SunTrust has a certain loyalty to its employees. Seeing this first hand made me realize that this is where i want to be till i retire. I must say im quite proud of my bank and employer. i dont know too many people that can say that.

ConsIf you like to work, SunTrust is definately the place to be. You will have PLENTY of work. Never a dull moment, constantly changing and improving.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep It Up!

I LOVE MY JOB

Banking Sales (Current Employee)
    Orlando, FL

ProsEveryone is really kind and helpful. I love the product we offer our customer and we have excellent benefits too.

ConsI have to stay in one location throughout the day and they frown upon using your iphone to surf the net.

Advice to Senior ManagementSpend more time focusing on the positive and building your team up. I would also like to use my iphone more.

Great Company

Applications Developer III (Current Employee)
    Atlanta, GA

ProsGreat benefit. One of the few companies with 401K and retirement benefits. I will recommend Suntrust to anyone. Good luck.

ConsThis company has many processes and procedures that must be followed before any application can be released to production. Sometimes it could be frustrating.

Advice to Senior ManagementGood leadership. I worked with a great team. One of the few companies with 401K and retirement benefits. I will recommend Suntrust to anyone. THe senior management is good.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great company to work for!

Business Analyst (Former Employee)

ProsI worked in a great department with a great manager. Company wide the benefits are excellent and the opportunity for growth is there for people who want to grow.

ConsBecause the company is so large, while my experience was great another person may have a bad career experience. Depends on the state/division and manager you have.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop hiring all those consultants to come in and change the way we are doing business because there process is the lastest fad in the industry.

Great Place to work

Stoli Representative II (Current Employee)
    Nashville, TN

ProsVery proactive in training and providing the necessary tools to do you job. Benefits are good, opportunities for advancement are available

Conswhen first starting you start at 32.5 hours a week. Really would like to be able to start on a full time basis

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider starting new hires as full time instead of the current 32.5 hours a week

Working at SunTrust

Teller (Current Employee)
    Albany, GA

ProsSunTrust offers excellent pay and great benefits! Plus there are discounts for being an employee.

ConsBy SunTrust being one of the top 10 banks in the US, the have really high goals to meet.

Advice to Senior ManagementI would recommend that management listen more to the employees and really value what the say.

SunTrust is a great place to work and build a career.

Financial Services Representative (Current Employee)
    Atlanta, GA

Prosgood company, strong fundamentals, good culture and lots of opportunity. If you are ambitious it will be recoanized and usually quickly.

ConsThere really are none, except it can feel like you are removed from managment...especially upper management at times. The computer systems are old...very old. Branch Managers do exactly what they are told and there is little room to inovation or thinking outside the box. it's kind of a do what you are told culture. if you are a few mintues late to work, you will get writen up and someone will read the company policy on being late. you get treated like a child and that's becuase most assistant managers are only doing thier job because they are waiting to get promoted to another department outside of retail.

Advice to Senior Managementlet the little guys know what is going on. Please, please, please upgrade the computer systems in the retail bracnhes. It's old, antiquated, and no one likes using them. Even clients recognize this.

A wonderful company to work for !

Branch Manager (Current Employee)
    Atlanta, GA

ProsGreat people ! Great learning experience ! Serious about good customer service ! SunTrust has a superb training program designed to develop the best professionals in the banking industry.

ConsNot having enough support from upper management when extremely necessary. Sometimes you are out on your own. It could be isolated to my area, but communicating the real issues sometimes seems like career suicide.

Advice to Senior ManagementHelp the branches in need of new equipment and full staff.

Survey about working for SunTrust Bank.

Lead Teller (Current Employee)
    Lawrenceburg, TN

ProsSunTrust is good to their employees. They offer great benefits, and there is always ways to make more money through incentive plans, promotional activities, competitions, etc. With SunTrust, the sky is the limit. You don't have to stay a teller or a customer service rep your whole time with SunTrust. They want you to grow as much as you want to your self. With most large companies, you only hear about the "big dogs" with the company, but with SunTrust, you actually hear FROM the big dogs. They are constantly staying in contact with every postion out there to make sure that they're satisfied and offer suggestions to help them better achieve their goals.

ConsHonestly, there are not really any downsides to working for SunTrust in my opinion. The company overall is a great place to work for. Now, any time that you're dealing with the public, it's not always going to be fun.. but that isn't just going for SunTrust.. that is with any company or business. But working with the public is good for you. It teaches you how to cope and deal with all kinds of people. It gives you experience so that you can better your self, whether it is with SunTrust or not. Overall.. SunTrust doesn't have any downsides, in my opinion.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe only advice that I would give to senior management is just to keep on talking. When you are at branch level as I am, it feels good to know that you are personally hearing from senior manangement. It makes you feel as if they appreciate you. So as long as they keep talking and teaching, I'm satisfied.

SunTrust was like home, family, a great place to work at. I would love to return back.

Bank Operations Analyst (Former Employee)
    Richmond, VA

ProsI enjoyed my experience there and was trained pretty well in the various departments I worked in. Great benefits, great people and did not mind going to work every day.

ConsWas quite challenging when you're told that new things are coming, more to learn but yet it never came around if you were one to want to stay in a department.

Advice to Senior ManagementI have dealt with professional management most of my years at SunTrust, I cannot say with my last few years when the manager lets his team literally get up and go at anytime secretly over and over again.

Worked for SunTrust? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at SunTrust reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for SunTrust CEO William H. (Bill) Rogers Jr. All 720 reviews posted anonymously by SunTrust employees.