SunTrust

www.suntrust.com

SunTrust Reviews

Updated Jul 20, 2014

SunTrust President and CEO William H. (Bill) Rogers Jr.

William H. (Bill) Rogers Jr.

Pros
  • You will have a good work life balance if you manage your time effectively(in 34 reviews)

• Good benefits and working with retail branch employees was nice(in 55 reviews)

Cons
  • upper management had a old south mentality not many other races in management(in 39 reviews)

• The job as a Branch Manager did not allow for work life balance(in 28 reviews)

Typical Banking Center

Financial Services Representative (Former Employee)

ProsBranch staff was great to work with, but not the case in every branch. Each branch's environment is different, and branch manager/area manager plays a big role.

ConsHighly sales oriented positions, as with most banks. It is a for-profit company, so if you are not sales oriented this is not the position for you.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe best way to get employees to work hard for you is to lead through integrity and build your employees' loyalty, promoting from within and giving routine positive feedback along with identifying growth opportunities. Leading with fear will only produce short term results, and will cause many employees to look elsewhere. Nobody wants to work in a fearful environment.

It was ok

ProsThe hours were pretty good.

ConsThe job expected a lot from you. It was very stressful

Advice to Senior ManagementThink about what you ask of the employees and if the goals and request are realistic.

Horrible Experience

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsNothing positive! no pros, sorry

ConsNo one know what s/he doing.
    They assign different task, completely different to the job description.
    To stressful and managers are lazy

Advice to Senior ManagementBe responsible..

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Corporate VP

Vice President (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsGood benefits package, don't really have to work hard to succeed.

ConsThe only people truly happy working here are those who have never worked anywhere else, and so have nothing to compare it to. At senior levels it's an old boys club - - don't deliver results? It probably wasn't your fault. Don't fit in the club? You aren't a "cultural fit" with the organization.

Many other reviewers say its political, which is true. The most successful executives are those who get along, can avoid having disasters pinned on them (decision by committee), and throw their subordinates under the bus with no shame.

Advice to Senior ManagementGrow some backbone. Focus on accountability, not consensus.

Suntrust vs. Suntrust

Teller Coordinator (Former Employee) Washington, DC

ProsHours of operation was overall excellent Monday thru Friday. Great benefits for being a bank employee.

Conseveryone should be more cross trained

Advice to Senior ManagementMaking sure that everyone in the bank is able to help clients out regardless of what there title is.

Great company

Pros4 weeks of vacation for officers, ability to work from home 1-2 times per week, good location downtown convenient to MARTA and bus lines

Conscompensation below average for similar positions, average benefits, below average annual increases

Gratitude

ProsSunTrust is a great company like every job it has it's ups & downs but in all I'm grateful.....

ConsLong hours in in-store branches

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep your focus & stay the course

Horrible Bank to work for

Teller (Former Employee) Dunnellon, FL

ProsWork only one weekend a month.

ConsTellers are underpaid and expect to sell starting salary 19k bank is understaffed often with just a branch manager and teller.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to staff your business and don't keep managers that are thieves in that roll.

Job from hell. It was a terrible experience.

Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) Boca Raton, FL

ProsNone. Even the training was bad.

ConsTraining, shedule, taking advantage of employees and customers for commissions.

Advice to Senior ManagementChange management

Suntrust not..

Client Service Manager (Former Employee) Miami, FL

ProsThat you don't work the weekends. Only once every month.

ConsNo training , no coaching, a lot of pressure , no staff, branches are old looking. Company does not want to spend money on upgrading the teller system.

Advice to Senior ManagementSpend money on up grading your system , add incentive to the client to open accounts.

Worked for SunTrust? Contribute to the Community!