SunTrust Mortgage

Be The First To
Add Photos

SunTrust Mortgage President & CEO Jerome T. Lienhard

Jerome T. Lienhard

Pros
  • Work life balance is, for a majority, an incredible benefit (in 6 reviews)

• The grunts of the company are good people to be around (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Leadership, Compensation, No Moral, No work/life balance, pto time, micromanging (in 3 reviews)

• It seems as though experience, college degrees do not count for anything (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

I truly enjoyed working with all the Employees at SunTrust a really good work enviorment.

Residential Loan Processor (Current Employee) Sarasota, FL

ProsSunTrust does well by their employee's even if they are displaced or laid off, helped with obtaining a new Job and allowed you to go to interviews.

ConsDid not enjoy working with some of the Loan Officers, imature and pushy.

Advice to Senior ManagementOur Manager was great, was a good mentor and should have been promoted instead of laid off.

Decent

Mortgage Underwriter (Current Employee) Orlando, FL

ProsFrom my purview the atmosphere is very pleasant.

ConsThere is no formalized training system in place.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone

Great but they make too many "knee jerk" reactions.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsPay was decent. Use of technology...

ConsNever knowing what tomorrow will bring and if they are going to let you go or not.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Very good experience

Anonymous (Former Employee)

ProsThe people are very friendly and helpful. Management is open to ideas on improvements to efficiency and workflows.

ConsThe technology is not very advanced and slows down productivity.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep an open door policy for employees.

SunTrust was a very poorly managed company in which failed to invest in technology to improve operationally.

Business Project Manager IV (Former Employee) Richmond, VA

ProsThe benefits package was probably a little better than average, particularly the amount of paid vacation time.

ConsPoor cohesion between the various departments/stakeholders. Poor oversight and accountability by Senior Management. It was acceptable for various departments within the corporation to miss deadlines, produce inaccurate work, etc. There's too much of an "us vs. them" culture within SunTrust.

The biggest problem with SunTrust is that they simply do not pay well. I had 11 years experience as a Business Analyst within the corporation and one of our new hires who had 1 month banking experience made as much as I did.

Additionally, there was little to no meaningful recognition for accomplishments.

I don't know that I would recommend a friend to work at SunTrust. Now that I have left the company, my only regret was that I had done so a few years prior.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou have to pay your talent or they will leave, which is always been a consistent trend over the past 10 years. You need to invest in technology. The amount of manual workarounds that they company employs is unacceptable in this day and age. And the biggest thing, you need to hold slow runners accountable.

Suntrust Mortgage

Home Preservation Client Representative (Current Employee) Richmond, VA

ProsGood Salary, My supervisor is great

ConsLeadership, Compensation, No Moral, No work/life balance, pto time, micromanging

Absolutely LOVE my career at SunTrust

Regulatory Compliance (Current Employee) Richmond, VA

ProsSenior management cares about their employees and it shows, this makes a huge difference in the work environment. Management are very approachable and often stop by just to say hello or to personally recognize an accomplishment. Members of management understand that you, their employees have families and obligations outside of SunTrust and they are very understanding and will work around certain situations that may come up so that you can take care of your personal needs without the worry of hours being lost; that leads to no loss of production = a win/win for both which again makes SunTrust stand out.

ConsSalary structure. The fact that "Joe" can sell himself in an interview and be hired from the outside into a position making a substancial amount more than an employee that management has experience with and knows their work eithic and values brings down moral.

Advice to Senior ManagementMy only advice to management is recognize the flaw in the salary structure and reward your employees with their worth. If an employee has been loyal to the company and has the knowledge to promote include the salary change with the promotion. Trust what you already have; not what you may get from the outside.

SunTrust Mortgage

ProsMy direct manager does not micro-manage

ConsIs reactive, is not proactive

work experience at suntrust

Mortgage Consultant (Former Employee) Richmond, VA

Prosgreat benefits and work culture

Consbad micromanagement and not alot of breaks

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more open and communicative with employees

Manager

Processing Manager (Former Employee) Orlando, FL

ProsWas a great environment to wrk

Conslaid off and closed quite a few departments

Advice to Senior ManagementLook at what you have before you let it go

Worked for SunTrust Mortgage? Contribute to the Community!