SunTrust

www.suntrust.com

SunTrust Reviews

Updated Jul 23, 2014

SunTrust President and CEO William H. (Bill) Rogers Jr.

William H. (Bill) Rogers Jr.

Pros
  • You will have a good work life balance if you manage your time effectively(in 34 reviews)

• Good benefits and working with retail branch employees was nice(in 55 reviews)

Cons
  • upper management had a old south mentality not many other races in management(in 39 reviews)

• The job as a Branch Manager did not allow for work life balance(in 28 reviews)

Room for growth

Personal Banker (Current Employee) Richmond, VA

ProsGreat place for diversity and sales. I'm sorry but I don't have too many pros for this company and I tend to be very enthusiastic about my work

ConsNot enough leadership or support. Hire people who aren't qualified for the job and then don't train them for success. A lot of constant unanswered questions. Disconnect in retail and call center solutions

Advice to Senior ManagementGrowth necessary in order for the company to remain successful. It must hire qualified managers and then take care of the managers so that they want to take care of their employees

Training Specialist

Training Specialist (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsThe BEST training
    Great benefits
    Career advancement opportunities if you are well-liked

ConsLove to play musical bankers... constantly shuffling
    You are not a person. You are just a number.
    Horrendous sales pressue.
    They constantly tell you that you are lucky to have a job.

Advice to Senior ManagementAdvice to everyone: Run away! As fast as you can.

Smoke and mirrors

Csr3 (Former Employee) Orlando, FL

Prosgood pay, good benfits and job stability

ConsPoor management, shift bids, un caring staff, poor work hours and very mean staff

Advice to Senior ManagementYou’re going to have employees that are student so you should work with them on their class hour and help them out. This will help them out and want them to stay with the company after working. Also care a little about the employees and a lot of this has to do with public company so I know this is out of your control but other company have done it. Also when speaking to a employee don’t put them to the side office alone. A manger did this to me and maid up a story that got me fired I could not fight it. it was her word agents mine. I heard from friends that she was fired for jus that act.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Project Manager with Lean Six Sigma Black Belt Certification working on projects to increase efficiency ratio

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe teammates at SunTrust are top notch and work together on projects to get things accomplished.

ConsLeadership is lost, company has no direction. Their idea of increasing efficiency and reducing expenses is laying off hundreds of people only to rehire mass amounts in less than a year. Leadership and Executives are out of touch with teammates and do not value their expertise

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider analyzing talent before deciding to layoff mass amounts of people you just hired within a year. Stop saying you value internal consultants who can increase efficiencies when all you do is lay them off the first chance you get. Your messaging to teammates is not clear and your direction is minimal. No strategic plan. You spend too much money hiring external candidates taking the risk they they will achieve results while overlooking the talent you already have with the same if not MORE qualifications that are really trying to make a difference in the company. Your strategic plan to increase the efficiency ratio should not include laying off people every single year. You are all over the place and it is unprofessional and quite embarrassing. You do NOT value your teammates and you wonder why teammate engagement is low.

Most Horrible company ever

Teller Coordinator (Former Employee) Okeechobee, FL

ProsThe branch level staff work great as a team, looking out for one another and motivating each other. Suntrust has good benefits.

ConsSuntrust is very micro managed, leaving the branches in disarray as they change goals and procedures every week (i'm being serious). implementation of new procedures is horrible, operations doesn't know the answers to branch staffs questions, area managers tell you one thing and branch managers tell you another, rom's will give you another story.

Operating systems are basically a MSDOS program, it actually says copywritghed 1988. It makes it hard to review anything that is of significant value to assist teller line with any issues. It is extremely antiquated.

Branch managers are free to run their branch as they would their own business which is a great concept in theory but leaves managers to make erroneous policies and procedures and can be very horrible in a situation where the manager doesn't like a certain employee they can make their work life extremely difficult.

Goals in the 8 months I have worked here have changed no less than 5 times. Each time was an increase, I can understand annually reviewing the goals and going up based on outstanding performance, but every 1 1/2 months and then to require part time tellers to do the same amount of referrals as a full time teller is beyond me.

Advice to Senior ManagementRevisit with your employees listen to them, make this a good place to work. Provide proper training. Stop outsourcing everything, (it doesn't work). As a company I think you need to get back to basics.

Corporate VP

Vice President (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsGood benefits package, don't really have to work hard to succeed.

ConsThe only people truly happy working here are those who have never worked anywhere else, and so have nothing to compare it to. At senior levels it's an old boys club - - don't deliver results? It probably wasn't your fault. Don't fit in the club? You aren't a "cultural fit" with the organization.

Many other reviewers say its political, which is true. The most successful executives are those who get along, can avoid having disasters pinned on them (decision by committee), and throw their subordinates under the bus with no shame.

Advice to Senior ManagementGrow some backbone. Focus on accountability, not consensus.

Horrible Experience

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsNothing positive! no pros, sorry

ConsNo one know what s/he doing.
    They assign different task, completely different to the job description.
    To stressful and managers are lazy

Advice to Senior ManagementBe responsible..

Horrible Bank to work for

Teller (Former Employee) Dunnellon, FL

ProsWork only one weekend a month.

ConsTellers are underpaid and expect to sell starting salary 19k bank is understaffed often with just a branch manager and teller.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to staff your business and don't keep managers that are thieves in that roll.

Job from hell. It was a terrible experience.

Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) Boca Raton, FL

ProsNone. Even the training was bad.

ConsTraining, shedule, taking advantage of employees and customers for commissions.

Advice to Senior ManagementChange management

Suntrust not..

Client Service Manager (Former Employee) Miami, FL

ProsThat you don't work the weekends. Only once every month.

ConsNo training , no coaching, a lot of pressure , no staff, branches are old looking. Company does not want to spend money on upgrading the teller system.

Advice to Senior ManagementSpend money on up grading your system , add incentive to the client to open accounts.

Worked for SunTrust? Contribute to the Community!