SunTrust

Credit Analyst

Former Employee - Credit Analyst in Richmond, VA
    Former Employee - Credit Analyst in Richmond, VA

I worked at SunTrust

Pros

I enjoyed working with my co-workers. I think if it wasn't for them I could not last as long as I did at SunTrust. They have a good benefits package.

Cons

Management cares more about the quantity of work instead of the quality. Employees are not considered at all. You would be working in a very stressful environment.

Management should be valuated by their employees for performance purposes. You would be very surprise of the feed back given. They have to realize that attitude reflects leadership.

HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

I worked at SunTrust

Pros

Wonderful coworkers.
    Nothing else !!!!
    REALLY horrible

Cons

Everything else.
    After working for suntrust , never want to work for a bank ever again....

advice to Mr. Rodgers,
    Go to different areas and see how employees are suffering, if you care!!!

EES Program Manager

I worked at SunTrust

Pros

SunTrust Plaza area has many opportunities for lunch.

Cons

Horribly run organization by PC and his cronies

Customer satisfaction is achieved by employee satisfaction

Terrible culture, no strategy

Former Employee - EIS Delivery Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - EIS Delivery Manager in Atlanta, GA

I worked at SunTrust full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Allowed to telecommute depending on role in the company.

Cons

Abusive environment. Cost cutting since 2011. HR gone. Legal...gone.. Most of IT has been outsourced to India. No real plans for growth. Benefits have dwindled. No more pension. No more long term incentive. No more complimentary coffee. Don't even think of printing in color. The company has no strategy. They seem to be waiting to get purchased or to go out of business. Terrible environment. Glad that I left when I did.

Quit and let real leaders run thenplace

Get it together!

Current Employee - Teller II
    Current Employee - Teller II

I have been working at SunTrust part-time (more than a year)

Pros

I work day-shift, so I can be home with my children at night.

Cons

They do not seem to care about their employees. Every branch in the area is short staffed, and has been since I've been working here this past year. If you ask me, that says something about the company. Very often when we are short staffed our manager sends someone to another branch to help out, and we are left to work all day with no break. That causes a lot of strain. How can you expect someone to be polite to customers, get referrals, and to think clearly when they have been standing nonstop for 8+ hours with no food. It's ridiculous! We all need time to take a breath and regroup. I can't think strait and get light headed when I don't eat. That leaves room for error. Why would you send someone to another branch, when you are short staffed? It absolutely makes no sense! They are too strict on referrals. We basically have to hound people every time they come in. I think as long as we satisfy the customer we are doing our job. I think we need to focus on getting people in and out, for what they came in for in the first place, in a timely matter and providing good customer service is more important. Instead of having these conversations and hounding these people, when the lobby and drive-thru are backed up.

Make better judgement calls when sending employees to another branch, especially when your branch is short staffed. Be more compassionate when it comes to your employees, Hire some people so that every branch is not short staffed. Hire floaters to fill in, when someone is on vacation or out sick. Make sure your branch manager knows what they are doing, so that they don't try to make their employees look stupid, when in reality, they are the ones that are clueless. Stop being so focused on referrals! I have been with SunTrust for a year and would not bank with them because they hound people, are always short staffed, and the lines in both the lobby and drive-thru are always backed up because we have to try to push products on people! I can not try to sell what I don't believe in myself! I think as long as we satisfy the customer we are doing our job. I think we need to focus on getting people in and out, for what they came in for in the first place, in a timely matter and providing good customer service is more important. Instead of having these conversations and hounding these people, when the lobby and drive-thru are backed up!

I wouldn't waste my time here

Current Employee - Loan Underwriter in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Loan Underwriter in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at SunTrust full-time (more than a year)

Pros

You can move around to other departments.

Cons

Slow system, need better training.

Management by statistics

Current Employee - Customer Care in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Customer Care in Nashville, TN

I have been working at SunTrust full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

About the only good thing I can say is we have Sundays off.

Cons

No stability, "flavor of the month" business plan, everything is about sales. Hundreds of jobs were sent to the Philippines, and more are headed there. No advancement opportunities. The top hogs are getting fat by slaughtering the front line employees.

treat your people better

Disappointed

Former Employee - Management in Jacksonville, FL
    Former Employee - Management in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at SunTrust full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Teammates were great to get along, but you never know who are true.

Cons

Very disorganized management team. Do not by example. Too much turnover. No employee loyalty and no support.

Take a closer look on they are managing g the retail division as you may see, too many demotions and not promoting who really has the talent and overview of company behaviors and coaching.

Reverse Discrimination/Hostile Work Environment/Ghetto And Unprofessional Bosses/Double Standards/Favoritism

I worked at SunTrust full-time

Pros

Good pay, great benefits.

Cons

They pride themselves on "diversity" but then hire mostly African Americans which isn't balanced or diverse. Boss openly displayed racist disrespectful insulting ghetto mentality. If you are one of the few token White employees who has the misfortune of having such a boss, better have a thick skin and be prepared to be openly hated, mistreated and shown disrespect in front of your fellow Af-Am coworkers. Complain to upper management about how you are being mistreated and you can expect to be mistreated even more and written up for bogus reasons. Ridiculous unforgiving "60 second rule" late policy. At Suntrust they believe there is absolutely no good reason to be late...EVER! God forbid you get sick, you still have to come to work otherwise it is an occurance. Having car trouble, child gets sick, or you are held up at gunpoint and are begging for your life, you had better not be 1 minute late clocking in because regardless of why you are late, 60 seconds late is considered an occurance and grounds for a write up leading to termination. You are not allowed to call out and request to take one of your vacation days as a sick day since any vacation time has to be requested 2-3 weeks in advance and ONLY IF YOUR BOSS approves you to take that day/time. If your boss decides to ignore your request or verbally tells you that you are approved but then "forgets" to mark you down as having approved you to take a vacation day and you take the day off, you can very well be written up for your boss's error! Everything is at the discretion of YOUR BOSS. If your boss plays favorites and likes you, you can get away with anything. If not, expect to be constantly written up, degraded and have office politic games played on you at your expense. Don't expect any apologies either. You are only a warm body in a chair and can easily be replaced. The company is also very big on Micro-Managing you every second that you are there. Extremely High Stress level.

Office culture leaves a lot to be desired. Embrace everyone equally. Stop micro managing. Give your employees room to breathe. Remember you hired humans not robots who have real lives outside of work. Your 1 minute late policy isn't realistic. Hire bosses that are credible and competent based on their ability to manage and not just because they are African American and you want the tax credits.

Sinking Ship....

Current Employee - Anonymous in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at SunTrust full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Amazing coworkers, 401k match, tuition reimbursement

Cons

The company has taken a turn for the worst. They are hemorrhaging funds left and right, so outsourcing and realignments are the quick fix for deeper issues.

The politics are like any other corporate environment, but there are a couple of higher level execs that are the epitome of cold, ruthless.

It's just not the bank it once was. The current employees, previous employees all agree. Hopefully, they will merge with a stronger organization or be acquired.

CLEAN HOUSE! The minions, twits, etc that are calling the shots are more ruthless than business-savvy. Karma (even professional) will happen eventually