SunTrust Reviews

Updated August 27, 2014
Updated August 27, 2014

2.8

SunTrust President and CEO William H. (Bill) Rogers Jr.
William H. (Bill) Rogers Jr.

Pros
  • Great Company to work for, understand the importance of work life balance (in 36 reviews)

• Good benefits and working with retail branch employees was nice (in 56 reviews)

Cons
  • upper management had a old south mentality not many other races in management (in 40 reviews)

• The job as a Branch Manager did not allow for work life balance (in 28 reviews)

More Highlights

review

Current Employee - Teller  in  Eatonton, GA
    Current Employee - Teller in Eatonton, GA

I have been working at SunTrust full-time for more than a year

Pros

great branch manager, bank is ok

Cons

schedules, employees, higher management does not care @ employees

NA

The company "preaches" a lot of talk to the associates however no action or policies are put in place.

I worked at SunTrust full-time

Pros

My office was fortunate with great teammates to work with. I learned a lot from each person and I hope they learned from me as well.

Cons

The company's process is severely hindered. The customers suffer as a result of the long process time. Upper management does not listen to associate concerns or takes any action. The company's business model as a whole is rather short-sighted. The company will never be a major force in the mortgage industry.

Poor company to work for

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Orlando, FL

I worked at SunTrust full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Im very dissatisfied with Suntrust

Cons

lots of challenges, don't bother with them.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

PURE HELL with former BOA executives in roles

Current Employee - Branch Manager  in  Richmond, VA
    Current Employee - Branch Manager in Richmond, VA

I have been working at SunTrust full-time for more than a year

Pros

You received a pay check

Cons

Sun Trust, brought over arrogant executives from Bank of America, who ruined BOA, now Sun Trust. Former executives now making all the decisions, with fake smiles and rude personalities. They are trying to make Sun Trust just like BOA, well news for you if it didn't work there, its not going to work anywhere.

fire your rude BOA executives- they are ruining the company.

The least professional organization I've worked for.

Former Employee - Premier Banker  in  Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Premier Banker in Orlando, FL

I worked at SunTrust full-time for more than a year

Pros

You can get a reasonable amount of pay for very little actual work. Management is totally out of it. Fun co-workers to goof off with. My manager (in premier banking) made 6 figures to dial into meetings and hit mute. She spoke english very poorly and was really "inside the box". If our training did not specifically tell us to do something (investment suggestions, client gathering/retention ideas, etc.) she wouldn't let us do it. She told us to pass up business if they client wasn't willing to do it the "SunTrust way". Other management was too busy trying to pad numbers. If you get a manager that only cares about numbers they will let you do anything to get them, even if you aren't actually creating new business.

Cons

Micromanagement. Expect meetings M/W/F. Total culture of company is to make everyone scared they'll constantly lose their jobs.

You aren't a national bank, you can't hang with the bulge bracket boys, stop trying it isn't working. Promote based on capabilities, not whatever HR thinks.

Stop the Insanity

Current Employee - Sales  in  Cookeville, TN
    Current Employee - Sales in Cookeville, TN

I have been working at SunTrust full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Decent salary, good co workers, clean conditions

Cons

Management who can't answer questions accurately, poor management of benefits. Management does not go to bat for employees

When an employee comes to you for direction, have the 'right' answer available or at least make an effort to find out. Be willing to back up what you tell the employee and be willing to stand up for the employee IF you agree with them.

Management is really out of control - it's run like the mafia.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at SunTrust full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The people i worked with.

Cons

Corporate culture is very strange - I was lied to no fewer than three times about getting a salary increase. I was promoted and they told me that I was going to get a 12% hike, then when we got to the end, they told me they could only give me 4%.

Stop lying to people .

Branch manager

Current Employee - Branch Manager  in  Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Branch Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at SunTrust full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Extremely client friendly bank. Sadly not much positive things to say about the bank.

Cons

Too much micro managing, too many conference calls ( can have up to 4 ) during the week. Do not have much faith in their branch managers. Too many fire drills along with excessive number of meetings during the week that although we discuss production, it actually eats away from the time we need to be focusing on production. Losing good talent...

Hire better talent but be willing to pay for them. Give better annual increases to your performers . Stop micromanaging your performers and focus on the weak links.

Lighting "Their" Way to Financial Wellbeing

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Greensboro, NC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Greensboro, NC

I worked at SunTrust full-time for more than a year

Pros

I enjoyed my immediate co-workers and customers. I got the most fulfillment out of really meeting my customers' needs and not the banks needs. I am a firm believer that if you just treat the customer "RIGHT" they will be loyal to the bank.

Cons

This company morals and values does not match the so called "PURPOSE". It is not what's is best for the company nor employee. They are striving so hard to be a "Wells Fargo" that they are lacking in many areas. The turnover rate is high for a reason.

Hire managers with personal ethics, morals, and values that will keep your customers and employees happy. Happy employees=more production. I traveled to several branches and most employees are not happy!

It started fine, but communication does not occur until it's too late.

Former Employee - Business Analyst IV  in  Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Business Analyst IV in Atlanta, GA

I worked at SunTrust full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

People were great to work with. Everyone seemed to care about you as a person.

Cons

Once restructuring took place, and you reach a certain level, the management stops and you are left on your own to struggle through. Expectations are so unreal and manager just does not care to help you.

You need to manage ALL your people, not just those you can manipulate.

Worked for SunTrust? Contribute to the Community!