SunTrust

www.suntrust.com
Profile Unclaimed

fraud investigator

I have been working at SunTrust

Pros

interesting work and good work environment.

Cons

Pay seems below industry standards

Follow through on comments of taking care of and enriching employees well being,

It was ok until they started to do budget cuts.

Former Employee - Fraud Prevention Claims Representative in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Fraud Prevention Claims Representative in Orlando, FL

I worked at SunTrust

Pros

pretty good pay when we were getting bonuses for our performance.

Cons

upper management wanted calls to be filled with quality but wanted you to hurry up and answer the next call. The agents are rated by the customers but the decisions on claims are made by someone else and if the customer doesn't like the response they will give you a falling grade because of policies out off your control. They are also outsourcing India.

Figure out how to compensate the agents better and you will get better performance. Maybe bring back the $400 bonus for performance

Ehh...Pros and Cons

I have been working at SunTrust

Pros

Leadership is getting better and opportunities exist to move into different positions throughout the bank.

Cons

Lack of strategy and good management throughout the bank. Stealth cuts to staff across the bank. Poor execution.

Set an overarching strategy for the bank, then go and achieve it by setting long term plans and executing.

Mediocre starter company

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I worked at SunTrust full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Benefits are okay, but definitely not top tier.

Cons

Constant changes in upper management. Multiple layoffs in the last two years. Technology is grossly inadequate, they are years behind their biggest competitors and will likely never catch up. They do not like to make investments in technological infrastructure. The performance review process is excruciatingly annoying and unnecessary. Be cautious because it's very easy to get stuck in a dead end job at this company.

Stay comfortable and enjoy it while it lasts.

Great culture!

Current Employee - Personal Banker IV
    Current Employee - Personal Banker IV

I have been working at SunTrust full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Competitive pay, good compensation for a job well-done, and great culture.

Cons

Only two weeks paid vacation.

Overall positive experience

Former Employee - Human Resources in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Human Resources in Atlanta, GA

I worked at SunTrust

Pros

Access to leadership, ability to make an impact, great learning experience

Cons

tools could use updating, more training investment

Professional

Former Employee - Business Analyst in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Business Analyst in Atlanta, GA

I worked at SunTrust

Pros

Strong leadership, great atmosphere, fast paced environment, professional setting is a plus

Cons

Work a little monotonous, surrounding location is very busy, which led to high volume of traffic

CRE RM

I have been working at SunTrust full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The company is based in Atlanta not New York

Cons

The company doesnt understand the NY Market.

Culture problems

I worked at SunTrust

Pros

Good 401k matching, good hours, pay is competitive

Cons

Very aggressive sales goals, micro-management, members of management with questionable ethics, pushed to cross the line and do anything to get a sale.

You need to send upper management into the branches (like Undercover Boss) without letting them know who you are and see what's going on. Is this really what you want?

Branch Manager

Current Employee - Branch Manager in Palm Harbor, FL
    Current Employee - Branch Manager in Palm Harbor, FL

I have been working at SunTrust full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The benefits are good, and the location of the branch I am running is very close to home. The people that work for me the tellers and bankers are awesome. The customers are also very good and the morale in the branch is great.

Cons

Upper management just out right treat Branch Managers bad. I happen to be a Saturday Branch and even though my supporting branches have not complained and have offered to help work an occasional Saturday, leadership has decided that I should be self sufficient which will require me to work 2-3 Saturdays per month. There are long Monday evening conference calls discussing commitments and floor minimums, bi-weekly deep dives, and bi-weekly Performance Leadership Model calls which are touch bases to all of the commitments, a Monday Team Meeting, a Thursday Teammate Readiness meeting, monthly branch Manger Meetings, weekly stay late call nights, and daily calling power hours. TOO MUCH!!!
    The worse thing yet...the technology is one step above a credit union. The system is constantly crapping out and you spend wasted minutes just trying to open a simple checking account. Leadership are all tech-tards and would prefer filling out paper profiles on clients, using paper calendars to manage appointment setting and old fashioned binder and tab system so they can inspect what you are doing.
    Bonuses for branch managers are all or nothing; if you made all of your Sales and Referral Points, Service, Controllable (which is completely did your tellers balance for the quarter), Active checking (did they use it so many times or set up online banking), and Deposit Growth. If you made all of these and I mean all, then you might make a bonus.
    Morale is low and no matter what you do it is not enough! Area Manager has favorites and it is obvious in meetings. Since she decides how the goals are adjusted year over year.

Build Morale, change the bonus structure so there is some motivation for making 3 out of 5 categories (no one is perfect all of the time). Recognize that sometimes there are obstacles that as a manager you cannot control and you should not have to sacrifice your bonus.