SunTrust

SunTrust Reviews

Updated December 22, 2014
Updated December 22, 2014
2.7

SunTrust President and CEO William H. (Bill) Rogers Jr.
William H. (Bill) Rogers Jr.

Pros
  • Great Company to work for, understand the importance of work life balance (in 42 reviews)

• Good benefits regarding health insurance and 401K with company match (in 71 reviews)

Cons
  • upper management had a old south mentality not many other races in management (in 44 reviews)

• Everybody from the branch manager down to the tellers are stressed which creates a negative atmosphere (in 32 reviews)

More Highlights

Challenging

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA

I have been working at SunTrust

Pros

Pay is good, upper management seems friendly, benfits are good, employees are easy enough to get along with, information gets passed along easy enough

Cons

Office politics cause issues, upper management gets very annoying when goals are not reached, all orders are passed through from Atlanta headquarters what's good for Atlanta may not be good for elsewhere

Give more authority to local leadership

Great place to work and to learn

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at SunTrust

Pros

Lots of change happening, new management philosophy and approach

Cons

Perhaps a little slow to implement great ideas

SunTrust is a Great bank to work

I have been working at SunTrust

Pros

Surrounded by Team Players. SunTrust offers growth and various incentives so long as the employee wants to succeed.

Cons

sometimes there is drama. but as long as one does not fall into it, all is Great!

A long road to get where I wanted to be.

Current Employee - Compliance Analyst in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Compliance Analyst in Orlando, FL

I have been working at SunTrust

Pros

SunTrust does offer good selection of benefits. My boss is one of the best I have ever had. My co-workers are solid and competent. I have extreme flexibility in the hours I can work. The work is a challenge.

Cons

There is a glass ceiling if you are a female. It is also hard to get a decent salary raise once you are hired so ask for it firmly up front. If you are not a golden child or favorite then you might find it hard to advance.

Make it easier to advance in the company. There is not a program to groom and help individuals advance outside of the “My Next move” program, but that is only for tellers.

Exciting and fufilling

I have been working at SunTrust

Pros

Benefits are excellent
    CoWorkers are fun and make the job bearable
    Meeting new people

Cons

Low Pay for the responsibilites

Very good experience

Former Employee - Teller II in Clermont, FL
    Former Employee - Teller II in Clermont, FL

I worked at SunTrust

Pros

Ive worked for other banks in the past so i feel justified in saying that SunTrust is a very good environment as compared to others. Much less sales pressure for TELLERS at SunTrust.

Cons

Typical banking job issues. i.e. sales pushing can get annoying at times & the overall environment can become stuffy if you're teammates take things too seriously all the time. Bank employees are just too "on-edge" sometimes...

the ROM's (operations person in charge of multiple branches) have NO CLUE about how things really work.... branch employees just appease their dumb requests because we have to, but most of the time, they make NO sense. please address that.

Great

I have been working at SunTrust

Pros

This was a valuable experience. Hired me on once i was done with internship. Very conservative company could work for those who are not too sales pushy.

Cons

Conservative company could also be a bad thing. Bonus systems was almost set against you so that you did not earn.

Positive

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I worked at SunTrust

Pros

A solid company with a long history dating back to the late 19th-century. Excellent benefits package.

Cons

Too many internal mergers that interfere with tracking and measuring productivity for enterprise technology.

Ask your employees on the front lines for their candid observations before making decisions.

I had a very positive experience as a Suntrust employee

I worked at SunTrust

Pros

Suntrust has great benefits. There is constant input from managers on your strengths and weaknesses. Weekly meetings to discuss changes.

Cons

In the area I worked there wasn't much room for advancement. More importance was put on sales and getting phone time down rather than helping the customers, but when I left the focus was shifting more to satisfying customers

SunTrust Rocks!

Current Employee - Loan Underwriter/Consumer Lending in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Loan Underwriter/Consumer Lending in Orlando, FL

I have been working at SunTrust

Pros

Competetive Salaries, Execellent Opportunities. This company seems to value its employees. Recently when the economic times changed, and we all feared our jobs were in jeaopardy, SunTrust stood by us. Weather we had to be temporarly re-allocated to another department or moved to another job all-together, SunTrust has a certain loyalty to its employees. Seeing this first hand made me realize that this is where i want to be till i retire. I must say im quite proud of my bank and employer. i dont know too many people that can say that.

Cons

If you like to work, SunTrust is definately the place to be. You will have PLENTY of work. Never a dull moment, constantly changing and improving.

Keep It Up!