SunTrust Reviews

Updated September 30, 2014
Updated September 30, 2014
2.8

SunTrust President and CEO William H. (Bill) Rogers Jr.
William H. (Bill) Rogers Jr.

Pros
  • Great Company to work for, understand the importance of work life balance (in 41 reviews)

• I liked that they paid good benefits such as vacation and holidays, insurance standard (in 65 reviews)

Cons
  • upper management had a old south mentality not many other races in management (in 43 reviews)

• Everybody from the branch manager down to the tellers are stressed which creates a negative atmosphere (in 29 reviews)

More Highlights

Exciting and fufilling

Current Employee - Teller
    Current Employee - Teller

I have been working at SunTrust

Pros

Benefits are excellent
    CoWorkers are fun and make the job bearable
    Meeting new people

Cons

Low Pay for the responsibilites

Very good experience

Former Employee - Teller II  in  Clermont, FL
    Former Employee - Teller II in Clermont, FL

I worked at SunTrust

Pros

Ive worked for other banks in the past so i feel justified in saying that SunTrust is a very good environment as compared to others. Much less sales pressure for TELLERS at SunTrust.

Cons

Typical banking job issues. i.e. sales pushing can get annoying at times & the overall environment can become stuffy if you're teammates take things too seriously all the time. Bank employees are just too "on-edge" sometimes...

the ROM's (operations person in charge of multiple branches) have NO CLUE about how things really work.... branch employees just appease their dumb requests because we have to, but most of the time, they make NO sense. please address that.

Great

I have been working at SunTrust

Pros

This was a valuable experience. Hired me on once i was done with internship. Very conservative company could work for those who are not too sales pushy.

Cons

Conservative company could also be a bad thing. Bonus systems was almost set against you so that you did not earn.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Positive

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I worked at SunTrust

Pros

A solid company with a long history dating back to the late 19th-century. Excellent benefits package.

Cons

Too many internal mergers that interfere with tracking and measuring productivity for enterprise technology.

Ask your employees on the front lines for their candid observations before making decisions.

I had a very positive experience as a Suntrust employee

I worked at SunTrust

Pros

Suntrust has great benefits. There is constant input from managers on your strengths and weaknesses. Weekly meetings to discuss changes.

Cons

In the area I worked there wasn't much room for advancement. More importance was put on sales and getting phone time down rather than helping the customers, but when I left the focus was shifting more to satisfying customers

SunTrust Rocks!

Current Employee - Loan Underwriter/Consumer Lending  in  Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Loan Underwriter/Consumer Lending in Orlando, FL

I have been working at SunTrust

Pros

Competetive Salaries, Execellent Opportunities. This company seems to value its employees. Recently when the economic times changed, and we all feared our jobs were in jeaopardy, SunTrust stood by us. Weather we had to be temporarly re-allocated to another department or moved to another job all-together, SunTrust has a certain loyalty to its employees. Seeing this first hand made me realize that this is where i want to be till i retire. I must say im quite proud of my bank and employer. i dont know too many people that can say that.

Cons

If you like to work, SunTrust is definately the place to be. You will have PLENTY of work. Never a dull moment, constantly changing and improving.

Keep It Up!

I LOVE MY JOB

Current Employee - Banking Sales  in  Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Banking Sales in Orlando, FL

I have been working at SunTrust

Pros

Everyone is really kind and helpful. I love the product we offer our customer and we have excellent benefits too.

Cons

I have to stay in one location throughout the day and they frown upon using your iphone to surf the net.

Spend more time focusing on the positive and building your team up. I would also like to use my iphone more.

Great Company

Current Employee - Applications Developer III  in  Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Applications Developer III in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at SunTrust

Pros

Great benefit. One of the few companies with 401K and retirement benefits. I will recommend Suntrust to anyone. Good luck.

Cons

This company has many processes and procedures that must be followed before any application can be released to production. Sometimes it could be frustrating.

Good leadership. I worked with a great team. One of the few companies with 401K and retirement benefits. I will recommend Suntrust to anyone. THe senior management is good.

Great company to work for!

Former Employee - Business Analyst
    Former Employee - Business Analyst

I worked at SunTrust

Pros

I worked in a great department with a great manager. Company wide the benefits are excellent and the opportunity for growth is there for people who want to grow.

Cons

Because the company is so large, while my experience was great another person may have a bad career experience. Depends on the state/division and manager you have.

Stop hiring all those consultants to come in and change the way we are doing business because there process is the lastest fad in the industry.

Great Place to work

Current Employee - Stoli Representative II  in  Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Stoli Representative II in Nashville, TN

I have been working at SunTrust

Pros

Very proactive in training and providing the necessary tools to do you job. Benefits are good, opportunities for advancement are available

Cons

when first starting you start at 32.5 hours a week. Really would like to be able to start on a full time basis

Consider starting new hires as full time instead of the current 32.5 hours a week

SunTrust Photos

SunTrust Headquarter offices located in Downtown Atlanta (Photo attributed to Organicabq)
SunTrust Building
Suntrust Bank offices in Orlando Florida, located in the Suntrust Center at 200 South Orange Avenue (Photo attributed to Imagempt)
A typical SunTrust bank branch, this one located at 4235 University Drive in Durham, North Carolina. (Photo attributed to Ildar Sagdejev)

+ Add Photo

Worked for SunTrust? Contribute to the Community!