SunTrust

www.suntrust.com

SunTrust Reviews

Updated Jul 31, 2014

SunTrust President and CEO William H. (Bill) Rogers Jr.

William H. (Bill) Rogers Jr.

Pros
  • Great Company to work for, understand the importance of work life balance (in 36 reviews)

• Good benefits and working with retail branch employees was nice (in 56 reviews)

Cons
  • upper management had a old south mentality not many other races in management (in 40 reviews)

• The job as a Branch Manager did not allow for work life balance (in 28 reviews)

More Highlights

I Used to Like Working Here

IT Analyst (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsI met a lot of great people working here. Although the salary was not the best, I liked the atmosphere and enjoyed what I was doing.

ConsThey have lost their identity. They are all over the place, and outsourcing is out of control. Management thinks that the key to being effective is micro-managing and being nasty and unprofessional. Working from home means that you are expected to work longer hours.

Intense pressure, frequent downsizing and sending jobs offshore

Loan Underwriter (Current Employee) Orlando, FL

Proshiring salary appears to be is good

Conslow raises
    very stressful
    frequent downsizing
    work sent offshore

Advice to Senior Managementtake better care of your employees

15-year veteran of SunTrust

Retail Area Manager (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsExtensive branch network in SE and Mid-Atlantic

ConsAnyone w/ more than five years of tenure is considered part of the "old SunTrust culture", and will be purged just for the sake of perceived change. A formerly great company that has lost its heart, soul, and direction. It's sad what SunTrust has become.

Advice to Senior ManagementChange for the sake of change is not always the right way to go. Many talented and loyal people have been lost or purged, and I fear the company is just in desperation mode at this point. Short-term thinking is ultimately going to sink this ship.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Want a be Wells Fargo

Personal Banker IV (Former Employee) Naples, FL

ProsPaid my mortgage, that was about it.

ConsEverything was terrible. Like being a used car sales man.

Advice to Senior ManagementNothing nice

Unorganized

Portfolio Specialist (Current Employee) West Palm Beach, FL

ProsThere is room to grow

ConsDecisions made are not well thought out. Constant policy and procedure changes

Advice to Senior ManagementGet employee input before making decisions

It is ok.

Financial Service Representative (Current Employee) Fort Walton Beach, FL

ProsTwo weeks off a year (10 days) with only a few day off for sick. I want to say 3-5? That is hard if you have children when they are sick with doctors appointments along with yours during the year. Nice co-workers, everyone got a long. Good insurance. Small 401k matching after 1 year.

ConsAs a personal banker, your goals (points) are based off the branches previous years results. Some branches minipulate scorecard by changing main ss numbers and it makes it look like they are opeining big new accounts. Make sure you go to a busy branch so you have a fair shot of making your baseline or you will get written up. The company cut cost the last couple of years by raising the points you have to make so high, it is really difficult to make goal. That way they don't have to pay as many awards. (I'm not complaining, just stating facts, read 2012, 2013 CEO statement on how they are cutting cost to pay dividends to share holders. By cutting employee expenses)

Advice to Senior ManagementHave a program where employees who are having a hard time making their goals, sit with one who is excelling for a week to learn how they can succeed also. Or have a revolving employee program where if you are in a low traffic branch, rotate to a high traffic branch.
    "How can we make you shine?" should include employees, not just customers.

I was a stellar employee and let go for reasons that made no since. When people from other financial institutions are

Teller Coordinator (Current Employee) Pembroke Pines, FL

ProsWorked with a great team

ConsManagement was not the best

Advice to Senior ManagementBe open mined to everyone that you work with and fight for the people that have helped you and everyone on the team.

Large bank with a lot of competent people, but with some questionable decisions at times.

Project Management (Former Employee) Nashville, TN

ProsI had a very good group of co-workers, that got things done sometimes despite the environment.

ConsOperations and other backroom groups seemed to be in constant reorganization mode, which led to having to constantly relearn how the structure worked to get things done.

Advice to Senior ManagementDo more to keep your experienced staff engaged and working in areas where they have expertise. Constant reorganizations and staff reductions with associated outsourcing are bad for morale.

I was in client first solutions a supervisor trouble shoot problems for clients

Client First Solutions Specialist (Former Employee) Cookeville, TN

Prosgreat work atmosphere - excellent support and training

ConsThis bank is extremely conservative and does not except change easily

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement is wonderful, you get all the support you need, weather it is personal or work related. I really liked working for this company

Good opportunity for learning, but has entrenched middle management

ProsGreat people to work with.

ConsEntrenched middle management (10+ yrs), doesn't allow change easily.

Advice to Senior ManagementMove people around some and you might get a refreshed organization.

Worked for SunTrust? Contribute to the Community!