SunTrust Robinson Humphrey

Henry W. Grady

32 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Growing Firm

Investment Banking Analyst (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsLots of direct exposure to clients at the junior level. Growing firm with plans to hire. Culture is much better than at a Bulge Bracket.

ConsHours at the office can definitely be long. Productivity is lower when you are given copious amounts of edits that have no real value add (formatting different ways across groups). Not as many resources as a bulge bracket (no 24 hr print shop, design team, IT is bad, etc.)

Advice to Senior ManagementMake your analysts' lives better because without them producing work the bank would be crippled.

Treated Fairly

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsLeadership tries to accommodate their superiors and their subordinates.

ConsNot a lot of flexibility

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to remember not everyone is earning bonuses

Below average banking experience

Investment Banking Analyst (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsNot a high stress environment

ConsCompensation below that of Wall Street

Advice to Senior ManagementStop being a bureaucratic old boys club

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

IT Analyst

Analyst (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsGreat people and great culture. The Atlanta location downtown is a great place to work and the people are dedicated and dependable.

ConsThe salaries are generally not too great. The management of the holding company is often times hands off and you really need to be self directed in order to succeed and to be recognized.

Advice to Senior ManagementRecognize the important contributors and let the others go.

Good transaction experience and good work-life balance

Investment Banking Associate (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

Prosvery good people and great work-life balance at the jr. level relative to NYC

Constoo sales oriented and way too many people in middle management

Advice to Senior Managementre-orient the business to be more client-focused than sales focused

Get in, get out

Senior Accountant (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsGreat work life balance, great exposure to investment banking and capital markets

ConsCompany does not take the time to develop interested employees. Because the culture is great, it's easy to get sucked into doing the same thing for 5+ years and management will allow you to do so out of comfort and laziness.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake more of an interest in the growth and development of staff

Good summer internship experience

Investment Banking Summer Analyst (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsSunTrust Robinson Humphrey has a good week-long training programs for their interns, structured events throughout the summer that are well-organized, good networking capabilities within the bank, and allow the ability to contribute from day 1, good culture.

ConsThe bank, like most, is very bureaucratic and hierarchical. The usual: long hours for analysts, and not the best exit opportunities for analysts after analyst stint, though some are promoted.

BofA South - the place to be for IB in Atlanta

Capital Markets (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsGreat summer intern program - virtually guarantees full time offer if you perform
    Great analyst program, advertised as 2y and out but if you perform you can stay on
    Smaller deal teams give you exposure to deals and a lot of work/responsibility relatively early, good exposure to MDs/execs
    Pay is decent for Atlanta lifestyle, central Buckhead office location

ConsBofA South - very difficult to rise to director/MD without the BofA pedigree
    Promotions extraordinarily political - performance secondary to who one knows and how well one lobbies
    Pay can very greatly from group to group regardless of production
    Middle management competency varies greatly from group to group
    Seem to be adding layers of management. Hired a ton of MDs without adding necessary support staff
    Consistently over promise and under deliver when it comes to compensation even as STRH generates record YoY top and bottom line numbers
    As typical in industry, place zero value on work/life balance.

Advice to Senior ManagementReward performance consistently. Get off the BofA high horse. Shed unnecessary middle management.

Risk Averse

Associate (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsGood team of people at the associate/VP level.

ConsPromotions require a lot of closed door lobbying and sponsorship for senior executives.

Advice to Senior ManagementSet clear targets and rewards and be prepared to deliver if targets are hit.

I truly enjoyed my experiences at SunTrust Robinson Humphrey

Support Desk Manager (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsExcellent pay. Opportunity for growth.

ConsSometimes repetitious in daily work activities.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue recognizing your stellar employees and coaching the mediocre employees.

Worked for SunTrust Robinson Humphrey? Contribute to the Community!