Sunbelt Beverage
www.charmer-sunbelt.com New York, NY 1000 to 5000 Employees

Sunbelt Beverage Reviews

Updated Apr 7, 2014
Sunbelt Beverage – US – “Event”

Charlie Merinoff

Great Pay, Great Brands, Workhorse Environment with Low Morale

Trade Development Director (Former Employee)
Washington, DC

I worked at Sunbelt Beverage full-time for more than a year

ProsGreat Pay, Family Environment, Upward Mobility sometimes but Mostly Lateral Movement, Great Brands and Supplier Relationships, Strong Management Teams, Opportunities To Travel

ConsWorkhouse Mentality, No Effort To Achieve Organizational Work/Life Balance, Less than Inspiring Office Environments, Low Employee Morale; Lack of Diversity in Senior Management

Advice to Senior ManagementCrowdsource your employees for ideas to improve employee morale and teambuilding; Encourage work life balance as way of life to ensure employees don't get burned out; Improve social media capabilities

No positive energy at this company

I have been working at Sunbelt Beverage full-time for more than 8 years

ProsDecent Salary, 401k is good.

ConsVery micromanaged, too many managers, not enough workers. Pathetic bonus potential. No growth opportunities.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to recruit and retain talented people. There is nothing to attract top young talent.

Good but not great

IT Professional (Former Employee)
Baltimore, MD

I worked at Sunbelt Beverage full-time for more than 5 years

ProsPay is average to above average but not amazing. Most associates work hard and perform greatly. Great ownership and upper management. A fun industry.

ConsIT management writes checks they can't cash. Ultimately the working staff takes the brunt of bad managerial decisions. Morale in IT is low. Associates stick together and work hard for results but have little respect for upper management. Management is motivated y politics over results. Budget are slime, IT testing is lacking, and the organization continually delivers substandard products to pretend budgets and timelines were met.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive more credit to IT workers. Develop realistic plans to accomplish initiatives - you cannot get a dollar's worth of value for fifty cents. Realize that the workers make management look good, so give them credit. Develop succession plans.

OK

Field Sales Manager (Former Employee)
Charleston, SC

I worked at Sunbelt Beverage full-time for more than a year

ProsWork with wine and spirits

ConsWork Holidays and long hours. Labor intensive

Advice to Senior ManagementGet a grip

GREAT FOUNDATION TO CAREER IN BEVERAGE!

I have been working at Sunbelt Beverage full-time

ProsThe people here have good intent. good place to work, very flexible. It has been a tremendous experience for a young person like myself. Management seems to take pleasure in assisting us in our growth within our roles and careers. I have had an amazing experience being mentored by some of the best this industry has to offer. Any negative comment or 'con' that could be said about this company is being addressed by top level people. CSG is heading in a positive direction!

ConsAt times there can be some disconnect between the reps and management, communication will need to improve.

Advice to Senior ManagementWe are behind other industries, top level people have addressed this issue (kudos to CSG) for attempting to address. Communication, technology and approach to our sales process is the key for future success. We need to hammer this home! Guarantee our sustainability within this business by providing real time data to our sales force. 'Focus Marketing' is crucial to attacking the right accounts at the right time! Providing our sales people with not only the right tools but also the right support, the right support will provide our sales people with the needed support that they're customers are looking for. We discover the right solutions for our customers and we will not only sustain our business but we will grow our business.

Awesome company

Customer Care Representative (Former Employee)
Linthicum, MD

I worked at Sunbelt Beverage full-time for less than a year

ProsThey take care of their employees, fair compensation structure, devoted to customer service

ConsWorked a lot of holidays, but they paid time and a half so it wasn't terrible

Unorganized...

Promotional Specialist (Current Employee)
State College, PA

I have been working at Sunbelt Beverage

ProsThe pay is pretty good.
Really easy and flexible hours (1-2 hours at a time).
Working at bars is fun.

Cons-Specialists cancel frequently for their shifts.. be prepared to work alone unexpectedly
-Specialists don't take the job seriously
-Highly unorganized communication
-Hiring process took ridiculously long

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't make it so easy to people to cancel on their shifts. Also, treat the promo specialists with more respect. Finally, allow promo specialists to be more honest on their recaps of events

OK for entry or mid level not seeking to advance your Career but have a job

IT Developer (Current Employee)
Linthicum Heights, MD

I have been working at Sunbelt Beverage

ProsThe company health benefits are stellar in comparison to most companies. Overall the upper management staff, CEO's and employees are generally approachable and friendly. A very family oriented workplace environment with an outstanding HR staff and events committee. If you live within the area and looking for a job with an easy commute, you may want to consider.

ConsMid and Lower level management talks a big game for following standard processes and procedures but you'll seldom see them enforced. There is a big disconnection between Upper and Mid/Lower level management staff. A lot of political role play which leads to low employee morale. Very slow to acknowledge and utilize new technologies which may be okay if you're not driven by staying abreast of them. Your opinion usually only holds weight when things turn south and after the fact. Job titles won't necessarily reflect what you actually do. Projects aren't thoroughly thought through before they're created and Developers who actually perform the tasks are never engaged in the process. Not a good place if you want to cultivate your career goals.

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn to listen to the folks who actually do the work. You look for only the best to hire but treat them with little respect afterward and that clearly defeats the intent. Learn to value the input of your entire staff and assess their input as one as opposed to placing value of one persons suggestion over all other relevant input from your team. When you hire folks, try not to forget the reason you hired them is for their level of skill and abilities and allow them to showcase that talent. Encourage their personal growth and don't belittle their opinions and input. Without solid sound and skillful employees, there is nothing to manage.

good for foot in the door not for long term

Sales Representative (Former Employee)
Baltimore, MD

I worked at Sunbelt Beverage

Prosgreat way to get foot into the door of beverage industry

Consnot a lot of leadership or "mentoring" from managment.. they talk a big game but the follow through leaves a bit to be desired.

Advice to Senior Managementget involved in sales, not just the development of goals but also the implementation.

Not a place I'd work again.

Network Administrator (Former Employee)
Glen Burnie, MD

I worked at Sunbelt Beverage

ProsIf you live nearby and don't want a long commute, you could consider working here.

ConsManagement within the IT Services group lacks empathy and plays favorites resulting in low morale and bleak advancement prospects. Above the CIO, the leadership seems down to earth and very proficient. After meeting senior executive leadership several times, I was impressed with their candor and approachability. It is possible that working outside of the IT organization is more fulfilling than within it.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake a closer look at employee morale within the IT services group. I think you can reduce attrition and improve morale and effectiveness by replacing the leadership within that critical organization.

Worked for Sunbelt Beverage? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Sunbelt Beverage reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Sunbelt Beverage CEO Charlie Merinoff. All 12 reviews posted anonymously by Sunbelt Beverage employees.