Sunbelt Rentals

www.sunbeltrentals.com

Sunbelt Rentals Reviews

Updated Jul 18, 2014
Sunbelt Rentals – US – “Truck Rodeo”

Sunbelt Rentals CEO Brendan Horgan

Brendan Horgan

Pros
  • Lot's of opportunity for advancement(in 3 reviews)

• I worked at another equipment company and had close dealings with all of the other major equipment rental companies(in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • No room for advancement within the company(in 4 reviews)

• Profit share has all but disappeared(in 3 reviews)

Great Place to work

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) Aurora, IL

ProsFast pace, good leadership, good benefits. Allows you to achieve what you earn. PTO is great at this company.

ConsIT department needs upgrading. Raises can be lacking at time.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep giving managers the equipment they ask for and need.

Not Just A Great Place to Work

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) Florence, KY

ProsI am speaking of my experience at the Florence, KY location. Fellow workers all seemed dedicated, enthusiastic and customer oriented. Management was fair, truly interested in furthering your career with SBR and open to suggestions.

ConsTraining could be improved in certain departments.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe attitudes and core beliefs of management should start with top management and filter down to the lowest levels or the profit center. That is being exemplified at the Florence, KY Profit Center.

Great company to work for

Mechanic (Current Employee) Nashville, TN

ProsGreat work environment. Safety is a large part of the culture. Great team environment.

ConsHigh stress and fast paced. Llittle room for advancement due to slow turn over rate.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Fantastic

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsFantastic organization with a "we can get it done" attitude.

ConsNo cons at this time.

GReat

Yard Manager (Current Employee) Remington, VA

ProsGreat friendly place to be

Consnone really it is so nice

Advice to Senior Managementgood job

Awsome Company to work for

Pcm (Current Employee)

ProsThey care about the employees
    Pay is great
    flexible

ConsCan not think of one

Great

Service Manager (Current Employee) Texas City, TX

Prosi't a great place to work and everyone is friendly also the work environment is great i love it nice

Conslazy people who work their sometimes don't pull the job and there irresponsible and tend to make other's work more

Advice to Senior ManagementPush the team to become a strong team also work with them so they can pull the work that needs to be pulled

Very rewarding and educational

Director of Government Programs (Current Employee) Baltimore, MD

ProsThe ability to work with many knowledgable people with vast rental industry experience, Having access to the widest range of rental equipment in the industry and additionally having the best upper management team in the industry.

ConsWorking with some people that are not willing to put forth the effort necessary to be successful which can result in the customer not being able to complete their task.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep making industry leading advancements in addition to the latest IT tools which have equipped our people to be industry leaders in solving customer needs.

na

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsIt was a pleasure to know that everyday was a learning experience. They constantly send you to seminars on many different products.

ConsCant think of much other than the obvious. There's no work out there and even less construction. And well face it, thats what this company is based on. The Construction Industry !

Advice to Senior ManagementContent. My upper management was in my corner the entire time. Great bunch of men. My only advice. Keep it up!

Great place to work

OUTSIDE SALES (Current Employee) Odessa, TX

ProsGiven my past work experience, I planned to work the rest of my professional career in the construction equipment business. I worked at another equipment company and had close dealings with all of the other major equipment rental companies. Of all of the companies, I wanted to work at Sunbelt. It took about two years for me to get hired by Sunbelt and I can honestly say that this is the best job that I have ever had and barring some unforeseen circumstance, I am planning to retire from this company. I work hard and I am recognized for my efforts as far as my compensation, praise from management and opportunity for advancement. I guess that it is because of the experience that I brought to the table, but the manager got me involved in the operations of the business from the time I started and the district manager made it clear to me from the start that opportunities for advancement were there for me. The grass is very green on this side of the fence.

ConsI really don't have any cons about the company specifically but if I had to pick something to complain about it's about the industry in general. Since the construction industry is one of the key economic indicators, it is one of the first that takes a hit when the economy slows down. Other than that, no complaints.

Advice to Senior ManagementJudging by the financial condition that Sunbelt is in during this recession; compared to the other major equipment rental companies, I would say that Sunbelt's management is doing a great job. It would be naive of me to presume to give advice to those who have done a great job of recession proofing this company.

Worked for Sunbelt Rentals? Contribute to the Community!