Suncorp Reviews

Reset
4.3
Suncorp CEO and Director Patrick Snowball
Patrick Snowball

Pros
  • Work/life balance, flexible arrangements, high level of exposure (in 10 reviews)

• I thought that the work environment was great and as a whole, management worked hard to promote a fair workplace and to achieve good work/life balance (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • I rate it low this time because we sustained significant low pay rise regardless of consistent good company and personal performance (in 2 reviews)

• Introduction of Agile into business areas were lacking and in turn meant the IT department were doing a lot of training and coaching for it (in 3 reviews)

1. Bright teams and leadership but too much internal competition

Former Employee - Planning Manager in Brisbane, CA
    Former Employee - Planning Manager in Brisbane, CA

I worked at Suncorp full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The group puts bright people into leadership roles and there's opportunity to move within the business to gain experience and progress your career. Generally there is a pragmatic approach to getting on with the job and adapting to change.

Cons

With extreme cost focus post-GFC & post-mergers there was way too much internal competition for roles and politics tended to prevail in appointments.

2. Amazing company!

Current Employee - Team Leader in Charlestown (Australia)
    Current Employee - Team Leader in Charlestown (Australia)

I have been working at Suncorp

Pros

Amazing company with fantastic benefits! A place where going to work feels like being part of a family. I love working for Suncorp. They have helped me to learn and increase my skills throughout my career and I look forward to many more years with them.

Cons

This might seem hard to believe, there are no cons to working at Suncorp. I cannot speak more highly of the company. They are very focused on their people and ensuring they get a work/life balance and are happy in their roles. If you think you might want to only stay for a

Advice to Management

Continue doing what you are doing - a fantastic company with great people and high values.

3. Peace of mind and confidence

Current Employee - Sales &Amp; Service Consultant in Carindale (Australia)
    Current Employee - Sales &Amp; Service Consultant in Carindale (Australia)

I have been working at Suncorp part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Suncorp is very flexible with its work arrangements which allows me to work from home. As I live just over an hour from the office this has been life changing. With a strong leadership team that focusses on supporting and promoting career opportunities there is lots of room for growth within the brand if that's what you want to do. The atmosphere in the offices is great, everyone is helpful and friendly, and they're always kept very clean and tidy with no obvious health and safety risks. For those all about the money, they offer extra for working weekends and evenings, and often email the consultants offering extra shifts at overtime rates when it's busy.

Cons

The only issue I've had is inflexibility of hours, however, this is just because of the award that I'm on. I know that I could switch but that would likely involve moving closer to work which I'm not prepared to do.

5. Genuine

Current Employee - Lending Consultant in Armadale, Western Australia (Australia)

I have been working at Suncorp

Pros

The ability to have a great work/life balance is awesome! The opportunities with Suncorp are endless with the ability to gain some great career skills for life as well as work.

Cons

Pay structure compared to other banks is not as good - understandable being a smaller bank.

Advice to Management

Relaxing the targets a little would be a good start - just wishing :) Have the BM's trained to be all rounders would be fantastic especially in Lending!

6. My best Employer yet !

Current Employee - Suncorp Insurance Call Centre Consultant in Kallangur (Australia)

I have been working at Suncorp part-time

Pros

Suncorp have looked after me over my nearly 19 years. I have had diversity to move roles, change shifts to suit work & home balance and now I have the ideal work from home saving travelling daily 2 hours to and from work. I love Suncorp. Plus the staff benefits with home loans, insurances and all sorts is wonderful.

Cons

Branch consultant work is too demanding . and the support was not there for my husband who had to go or would have to be dismissed.

Advice to Management

Continue to be wonderful positive and empathetic. Keep up the reward and recognition. Senior management keep in touch with the front line people, we love that.

7. Investment Analyst

I have been working at Suncorp full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Talented senior management Good interview process

Cons

Dark working space and cubicles

8. Okay

Current Employee - Senior Analyst in Melbourne (Australia)
    Current Employee - Senior Analyst in Melbourne (Australia)

I have been working at Suncorp full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

flexible working hours, great team culture

Cons

very top down structure, pay scale below average

9. Systems Engineer

I worked at Suncorp full-time

Pros

Talented group of technical specialists. Exposure to cutting edge technology.

Cons

Company in the middle of major outsourcing with ruthless execution. Overworked employees are being supplemented with outsourced resources. Seems to be an unofficial policy of make life difficult for existing operational staff so they leave of their own accord - removing any redunandy payouts.

Advice to Management

Less ruthless corporate culture.

10. Claims Assist Consultant

Current Employee - QLD in Toowoomba (Australia)
    Current Employee - QLD in Toowoomba (Australia)

I have been working at Suncorp part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Suncorp offers work life balance, incentives for higher work performance, ability to help ppl in their time of need, high support and understanding, flexibility and coaching offered to help understand your role so you become more valuable. Suncorp benefits and discounts

Cons

only con would be sitting so much, but goes hand in hand with the role

Advice to Management

Suncorp, and its growth has been incredible since i started employment in August 2014. The company has expanded and accommodated the needs of the insured especially with so many natural hazards. I am proud to say i work for Suncorp, and embrace the change that happens everyday, to help put the customer at the forefront and be a leader in the insurance industry, keep up the fantastic work

11. Suncorp is hard work

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

I worked at Suncorp

Pros

Conglomerate. Customer focussed. Lots of opportunities.

Cons

Aggressive. Ruthless. Political. Not a meritocracy. If you are liked you go far. If not, you are squeezed out. It's not always about the optics and the messaging.

Advice to Management

Be more even handed. There's lots of talent - not just the extraverts. Suncorp is not a place for introverts. It's toxic for them.

RSS Feed </> Embed