Sundt Reviews

3.8
Dave Crawford

1. Field engineer

I worked at Sundt full-time

Pros

Professional people who care about one another

Cons

You have to be flexible to move around the country

Advice to Management

I think Sundt is a great Company of people who are willing to invest in education of software and bim modeling. Willing to extend the education throught the company. Keep it up that's what sets Sundt apart

2. Review

Former Employee - Manager in Morenci, AZ
    Former Employee - Manager in Morenci, AZ

I worked at Sundt full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Generally, a well managed company that treats people in a responsible manner. I immensely enjoyed my time with them and was treated as a professional. Excellent rapport with clients and live up to their professional reputation for quality and timeliness.

Cons

Pretty tight with per diem. Require everyone to buy their health insurance even if they or your spouse has insurance that covers the employee and their family..

Advice to Management

Don't be so quick to jump to conclusions. Get the facts before making a decision about people. Often, there are mitigating circumstance that make Sundt's decision making process appear to be very flawed.

3. Drywall

I have been working at Sundt

Pros

easy jon must be on time

Cons

Bad comments. Forget it mate

5. Intern

Former Intern - Engineer Intern in Tempe, AZ
    Former Intern - Engineer Intern in Tempe, AZ

I worked at Sundt as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

Was able to work on large projects and was compensated well for time. Employee owned company. Strong work atmosphere and was able to feel part of the team. Opportunity to travel the southwest.

Cons

Minimal feedback or expectations. Lack of directions.

Advice to Management

Improve organization and communication between main offices and job sites.

6. They say they're all about family, but they're not

Current Employee - Pipe Foreman/Heavy Equipment Operator in Morenci, AZ
    Current Employee - Pipe Foreman/Heavy Equipment Operator in Morenci, AZ

I have been working at Sundt full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Esop,401k, paid holidays after first year

Cons

Getting in with a click so you keep your job or you get laid off

Advice to Management

Get to know your employees and all the skills they have so you can keep them working buy transfer to another job

7. Many employees are not happy

Former Employee - Project Engineer
    Former Employee - Project Engineer

I worked at Sundt full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The management that issupposed to be building up the team is condescending and confruntational. NO TEACHING HERE

Cons

Lack of support by upper management when middle management is a problem.

Advice to Management

You have a lot of good talented people working for you. They may need some people skills training.

8. Intern

Current Intern - Anonymous Intern
    Current Intern - Anonymous Intern

I have been working at Sundt as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

I have been working at Sundt for the past 3 months as an intern and I have to say that I love the atmosphere here. The people I work with are great and my boss is flexible with my rigorous class schedule. As for training, you will receive one on one training in the field you desire. I would highly recommend interning here.

Cons

A few days were slow with little to no work.

9. The best internship I have ever had.

Current Employee - Engineer Intern in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Engineer Intern in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Sundt full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The people here care about their own. Even as an intern the company has tasked me with things that have really helped me grow and develop. The people at Sundt really care about their work, probably because the company is an ESOP. Because of this Sundt has become very efficient.

Cons

Some of the employees are concerned about hitting "the glass door" as people tend to cap out at senior Project Manager level.

10. Life-altering

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at Sundt full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Coming from a company that didn't appreciate any of their employees, I was reluctant to whether or not I wanted to continue my career in the construction industry. When I came to Sundt I was astounded by the care and dedication the leaders put in to make their employees love where they work. Not only that, but as you walk through the company headquarters building you can take a peak in any division and realize that this is a company unlike any other. This is a company built with integrity and we all strive to keep it that way. Your leaders work with you so that you continually grow within the company. You won't ever be at a stand-still here.

Cons

At Sundt, you are expected to do your job. It's as simple as that. It's not a typical 8-5 job. I's a work-until-it's-done kind of job. Which some people can view as a "con" or some people can view as "they will treat me as I will treat them," meaning that if you work an insane amount of hours your boss is likely to tell you to GO HOME early a couple days that way.

11. Sundt has been a great company to work for in many ways.

Current Intern - Field Engineer in San Diego, CA
    Current Intern - Field Engineer in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Sundt as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

Sundt Construction Inc. is a well structured company with highly motivated employee owners. The people at Sundt set this company apart from its competitors. The company being 100 percent employee owned encourages its employees to be successful. From my experience at Sundt, I have seen first hand how employee ownership has had a positive impact on the morale and success of its employees. I enjoy working at Sundt because you are rewarded for working hard and being innovative. When everyone is working hard and being innovative, not only does everyone benefit, but everyone continues to learn and get better at what they do. I have gained a tremendous amount of knowledge about construction working a Sundt. This internship has allowed me to actually use knowledge and tools that I have gained in College, and apply it to real projects. Construction is all about gaining experience and learning from mistakes. Sundt has allowed me to gain skills in the construction industry and grow towards my personal goals.

Cons

Depending on your position at Sundt, you could be working longer hours than others. If you are a hard worker, it's nothing you can't handle though.

Advice to Management

I think Sundt has great time off policies, personal growth, and training. My training at Sundt was very good and went smoothly. Everyone was ready to help with any questions or concerns that I had during my Internship. The only advice I have would be about feedback. An Internship is like auditioning for a job. As an intern feedback lets you know where your weeknesses and strengths are. I think more feedback would be good so we can improve and refine our skills.