Sunflower Farmers Markets

Sunflower Farmers Markets Reviews

Updated May 22, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Good company to work for. Liked the business model, quality management group.

Receiving Manager (Current Employee) Aurora, CO

ProsFun, positive work environment and culture.

ConsNot the highest paying company in the industry.

Horrible Management

Demo Coordinator (Former Employee) Santa Fe, NM

ProsLoved my customers while they lasted, which was until management made enough awful decisions and policy changes to begin turning them away in droves.

ConsVery low pay. Employees' concerns met with deaf ears. Constant culture of using good employees and discarding them when advancement time came around.

It was good

Maintenance Clerk (Former Employee) Phoenix, AZ

ProsI had some good times & the employees are friendly I have some good friends there.

ConsThere seems to be some gossip @ times.

Advice to Senior ManagementI liked some managers but others seemed to have attitude.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

A bright place to work with very knowledgeable people on staff. Very down to earth, friendly service with good food.

Cashier (Former Employee) Phoenix, AZ

ProsI worked at Sunflower Farmers Market in Phoenix, Az. Overall the people working there were knowledgeable about real food. The people shopping there also like to share a little about why they eat what they do and it helps build your own knowledge for yourself.

ConsWorked there for two years and never had much room for advancement or raises as they were too concerned about budget. Ultimately ended up leaving because they were cutting hours and I wasnt getting paid very well.

Advice to Senior ManagementStick to the job. Stop moving people up that are just friends.

discouraging

Cashier (Former Employee) Littleton, CO

ProsCo workers are great. Everyone who worked with me was very friendly.

ConsNo opportunity to move up- at all. No chance in getting full time hours or benefits.

Power hungry management

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Denver, CO

ProsIf you are into healthy living seems like employment at SFM would be perfect, but it is like any other company, just make money and keep your "health and wellness" stuff out of it.

ConsFeels like high school all over again; gossip and negativity hidden behind a nice little image. This went all the from the top of management to the bottom. No wonder the store director looked to department managers for all the juicy stories. This was used as a management style. It made moving anything forward impossible.

Advice to Senior ManagementMisleading and immature leadership is no way to gain respect of your peers or employees, it leaves them feeling insulted and only generates contempt for those in charge. You attract more flies with honey.

Not all that "Sunny" at Sunflower Farmers Market

Store Director (Former Employee) Denver, CO

ProsNeeded my experience and know how. Easy to shine but not much recogition.

ConsInternal politics carried over from Wild Oats culture. Very low standards, inconsistant HR decisions.

Advice to Senior ManagementCheck your big egos at the door. Hold DO's accountable for poor decisions.

Fun place to work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsVery nice people to work with. Fun atmosphere. Great opportunity to improve and learn skills. Upper management very accessible and personable.

ConsSome of the work can be very physical. Hours can be varied, not always the same from day to day. Policy changes in pay and pay increases are disappointing.

Advice to Senior ManagementWalk the talk. Employees at the store level know the climate intimately. They deserve candor and honesty about the company's plans that will affect them directly.

Disguised as a health food store

Produce Clerk (Current Employee) Denver, CO

ProsYou get a paycheck at the end of each period.

ConsSunflower parades itself as a health food store but really has no interest in anyone's health. Management has little understanding of how to care for their employees, so the employees have little understanding of how to care for customers. Mike Gilliland, the CEO, seems to have more of an agenda against his old company for ousting him than he does for building a strong company that cares about people.

Advice to Senior ManagementOffer more feedback to employees and treat them how you would want to be treated in their position. Your employees are the face of your company.

Ok, but corporate is completely out f touch

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Proseasy going company, employees are nice

Conshow hard you work is not as important as kissing up to the boss.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake sure you store directors know what they are doing, some are throwing their work onto others because they are incompetent

Worked for Sunflower Farmers Markets? Contribute to the Community!