Sungard Availability Services
www.sungardas.com Wayne, PA 1000 to 5000 Employees

Sungard Availability Services Reviews in Philadelphia, PA

Updated Jul 3, 2014
Sungard Availability Services – San Ramon – “View of the mountain from the office”

Sungard Availability Services CEO Andrew A. Stern

Andrew A. Stern

74 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Great work-family balance culture, great employees, promotes inward mobility, stable company, your opinions matter!

Current Employee (Current Employee)
    Philadelphia, PA

ProsComing to work is not a burden. If you have to be away from your family/children, you are happy to come to Sungard Availability Services. Managers are focused on working with employee's career growth strategies and always offering encouragement to do more. There is plenty of opportunity to grow and stay current on new technologies. Work Hard, Play Hard Culture. Great people and professional organization. I would recommended to anyone in the IT field who is seasoned or just starting a career. No better place to work!

ConsSungard Availability Services offers many opportunities for career advancement and career training. I cannot think of any reason not to consider.

Great Place if you are Dumb

Senior Business Analyst (Current Employee)
    Wayne, PA

ProsI worked for IT team and they are allergic to smart people.Their ERP system was build 15 years back and people want to keep them engaged in fixing the issues.

ConsGreat place if you turn off your brain and say 'Yes' to everything. The biggest challenge in this company is the non-competent, non-technical directors who will not get any job if they quit Sungard AS. This company is not ready for change so I expect them to fail/sold in next 2-3 years

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease hire smart leadership

Going down the tubes

Manager (Current Employee)
    Philadelphia, PA

ProsSalary, benefits, coworkers, rewarding work

ConsManagement culture at 401 not in touch. Cronyism not healthy

Advice to Senior ManagementChange management in operations.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Not a bad place to work if you don't mind office politics

Manager (Former Employee)
    Philadelphia, PA

ProsExposure to a lot of technology, opportunities to get involved in a lot of projects, the occasional recognition, ability to move up

ConsSalary is so-so, too many chiefs, company isn't in it to win it, product managers often cater to the 1% rather than the 80%

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest in people who want to make a difference. Stop playing catch-up - you have a lot of talented people working there. Listen to them!

Unethical senior management at the Philadelphia location

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Philadelphia, PA

ProsThere's an opportunity for exposure to a broad variety of technology. If you align yourself with the "right" people you can have a long career there.

ConsI was exposed to numerous examples of unprofessionalism while there. Sr management is good at getting things done unfortunately sometimes their methods are questionable. Very autocratic culture lacking in people skills.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe current Sr Management in Philadelphia needs to understand the role and importance of having "people" skills. Anyone can manage through intimidation. Too many good managers, with the required skills and temperament, have been let go. They need to develop the proper balance between technical skills and social skills.

Great Customers and Great Service offering with lots of opportunities

Service Delivery Manager (Current Employee)
    Wayne, PA

ProsWork life balance, virtual office option, compensation, flex time, some travel. The service we offer is very valuable and you get an opportunity to impact a customer immediately in a positive way.

ConsCareer path is not as clear cut depending on your position. The company does not provide a credit card for travel so everything is out of pocket and reimbursed which can be tough if you travel more than a week at a time.

Advice to Senior ManagementStrike a deal with American Express or another card company and move towards a company credit card for customer facing roles.

Administrator

Senior Systems Administrator (Former Employee)
    Philadelphia, PA

ProsWorked with knowledgeable people that know what they are doing....for the most part.

ConsJob not challenging enough for personnel.

Advice to Senior ManagementCreate a more challenging environment

Good people to work with, however management direction changes too often

Service Delivery Manager (Current Employee)
    Philadelphia, PA

ProsFlexible working hours, work from home, good benefits with 401K contributions

ConsHeavy workload. Unrealistic expectations to delivery without proper tools and processes

Advice to Senior ManagementHire more people to level out the workload and take some advice from the boots on the ground and respect our opinions.

Micromanagement

Wayne, PA

ProsSome really nice people work there.

ConsGeneral frustration overall in several departments.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't micromanage. It's anti-productive and discouraging for any employee. Empower them to be the adults that they are and let them feel like they know what they are doing.

– I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company

On it's way up.

Sales Support Specialist (Current Employee)
    Wayne, PA

ProsFlexability, ability to manage your own workload, the people I work with.

ConsCommunication from Upper Management. Compensation.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep working on it. This company and it's employees have the ability to make Sungard a great place to work!

Worked for Sungard Availability Services? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Sungard Availability Services reviews and ratings in Philadelphia, PA — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Sungard Availability Services CEO Andrew A. Stern. All 74 reviews posted anonymously by Sungard Availability Services employees.