Sungard Availability Services Reviews

Reset
2.6
Sungard Availability Services CEO Andrew A. Stern
Andrew A. Stern

Pros
  • Work-life balance has been mentioned quite a bit (in 22 reviews)

• I was able to work from home very often (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • The culture that upper management has created doesn't bodge well for long-term success (in 23 reviews)

• Senior management out of touch with the actual impediments to performing the work (in 15 reviews)

Still a great place to work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Sungard Availability Services

Pros

Great boss. We have the opportunity to work with the latest technologyy everyday. It is rewardibg to assist our clients in their time of need during disasters.

Cons

This type of work can be stressful at times. The industry is changing and we are challenged to adept to it in these tough economic times.

Advice to Management

Listen to the staff who have been here. New ideas are great from new leaders, but therre is a lot of experience right under their nose.

2. Up and coming

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in King of Prussia, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in King of Prussia, PA

I have been working at Sungard Availability Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The people I work with are very talented. Our teams are empowered to self-organize and work together within and across their scrum teams. We're building new products using periodic feedback from our customers who are very excited to see our progress every three weeks.

Cons

There are still some corporate functions that remind you that you work for a big company, and sometimes things in some of these corporate areas take longer to get done than one would like.

Advice to Management

Keep the momentum going forward.

Great Company to work for

I worked at Sungard Availability Services full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Worked with an incredible group of people for several years, loved the perks employees got, not to mention the excellent benefits package provided by SunGard.

Cons

I felt that the company was not so supportive of it's employees on several levels. I also felt that after the buyout and the company went private, it spent money on unnecessary things, like trips to vegas, AC, etc.

5. Great Customers and Great Service offering with lots of opportunities

Current Employee - Service Delivery Manager in Wayne, PA
    Current Employee - Service Delivery Manager in Wayne, PA

I have been working at Sungard Availability Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Work life balance, virtual office option, compensation, flex time, some travel. The service we offer is very valuable and you get an opportunity to impact a customer immediately in a positive way.

Cons

Career path is not as clear cut depending on your position. The company does not provide a credit card for travel so everything is out of pocket and reimbursed which can be tough if you travel more than a week at a time.

Advice to Management

Strike a deal with American Express or another card company and move towards a company credit card for customer facing roles.

6. It was a great working enviornment!

Former Employee - Senior Systems Engineer in Carlstadt, NJ
    Former Employee - Senior Systems Engineer in Carlstadt, NJ

I worked at Sungard Availability Services full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Learned new Technologies as they came down the pike.Had to adapt to new customers IT requirments. In 2009 as the sr. System Engineer I was the vangaurd in implementing 36 HP Integrity Itanium Servers for a major Health/Pharmaceutical clint for Sungard. This included Visio and Excel Sheets for documentation. Participate in the 911 disaster recovery of major Corporations for their Hewlett Packard IT Environments. Was well compensate both in salary and weeks of vacation. The customer was always put first.

Cons

On call 24/7. Some times had to fly out to different SunGard site, due to disasters or staffing issues.

Advice to Management

I am a diligent and dedicated team player with strong organizational and personal skills.

7. Great work-family balance culture, great employees, promotes inward mobility, stable company, your opinions matter!

Current Employee - Current Employee in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Current Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Pros

Coming to work is not a burden. If you have to be away from your family/children, you are happy to come to Sungard Availability Services. Managers are focused on working with employee's career growth strategies and always offering encouragement to do more. There is plenty of opportunity to grow and stay current on new technologies. Work Hard, Play Hard Culture. Great people and professional organization. I would recommended to anyone in the IT field who is seasoned or just starting a career. No better place to work!

Cons

Sungard Availability Services offers many opportunities for career advancement and career training. I cannot think of any reason not to consider.

8. Well positioned for growth

I have been working at Sungard Availability Services full-time

Pros

Positive professional environment. The company is adapting quickly to a changing market landscape.

Cons

No significant issues or complaints

Advice to Management

Continue to implement change and evolve with the market

I Like Sungard

I have been working at Sungard Availability Services

Pros

Sungard is a good place to work with a lot of opportunities for growth and learning. Good people. Good TImes.

Cons

Sungard could offer better bonuses and a bit more competitive pay. Also they are slowly doing away with some of the good perks that used to be offered.

Advice to Management

Also they are slowly doing away with some of the good perks that used to be offered. Sungard could offer better bonuses and a bit more competitive pay.

10. Wonderful opportunity for experienced professionals, Management is very supportive

Current Employee - Service Delivery Manager
    Current Employee - Service Delivery Manager

I have been working at Sungard Availability Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Unlimited growth opportunities if you are a self starter. Company is growing and service offerings are expanding.

Cons

In process of streamlining processes but in the meantime, it creates extra hours and work to maintain.

Advice to Management

Expand stock offering to Service Delivery Managers

Good but not much advancement potential

Current Employee - Senior Systems Engineer in Thornton, CO
    Current Employee - Senior Systems Engineer in Thornton, CO

I have been working at Sungard Availability Services

Pros

I'm given the flexibility in hours that I appreciate due to the number of off-hour work that is required. The general compensation is fair.

Cons

There's little chance for advancement and no real career paths. Due to the structure of the managed services environment, once you reach a semi-senior position, there's no real room for growth into a more specialized field. Also, there's a tendency to underestimate the workload for maintaining current products while continuing to develop new products for the staff to support.

Advice to Management

Before performing major reorganizations that look good on paper, ask the people that will be impacted.

RSS Feed </> Embed