Sungard Availability Services
www.sungardas.com Wayne, PA 1000 to 5000 Employees

Sungard Availability Services Reviews

Updated Jul 8, 2014
Sungard Availability Services – San Ramon – “View of the mountain from the office”

Sungard Availability Services CEO Andrew A. Stern

Andrew A. Stern

Pros:
  • "Good Learning Opportunity Work-Life Balance is good"
    in 11 reviews
  • "great place to learn new skills"
    in 7 reviews
Cons:
  • "Most of the upper management has only been with the company 3 years or less"
    in 20 reviews
  • "Senior management out of touch with the actual impediments to performing the work"
    in 15 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Worst corporate experience...glad I moved on!

Consultant (Former Employee)
    Wayne, PA

ProsGreat peers. Good career opportunities since many people leave.

ConsWorst management and corporate culture. Lack of vision. Rampant favoritism while ignoring real issues. Big corporation feeling. Revolving doors. It's hard to recommend it to a friend.

Advice to Senior ManagementBuild a more progressive corporation. Allow employees to be innovative. Hold everyone accountable for THEIR productivity as well as short comings. Hopefully better days are ahead.

Going down the tubes

Manager (Current Employee)
    Philadelphia, PA

ProsSalary, benefits, coworkers, rewarding work

ConsManagement culture at 401 not in touch. Cronyism not healthy

Advice to Senior ManagementChange management in operations.

Sungard NOC

Data Centre Operations Analyst (Former Employee)
    Hounslow, England (UK)

ProsYou should know someone in the higher management then you will progress otherwise you will keep trying with no luck

ConsOnly few people at the top of the company doing what they want to do and do not care about the rest.

Advice to Senior ManagementNOC plays a major part in customer satisfaction and has always been ignored from any kind of recognition. Listen to the problems and issues of the NOC analysts and give them more resources and facilities and recognize their efforts so they can do better.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Unethical

Senior IT Solution Architect (Current Employee)
    Miami, FL

ProsThe promised rate was high and the client was a well known large company.

ConsI was hired as a contractor on a 12+ mo contract. I received an offer letter with a start date after passing multiple interviews, background, drug and reference checks. I resigned from my full time job for this opportunity.

The day before my start, I received a call saying the SungardAS acct manager was out sick and wanted to be present with me at the client on my first day. they asked if I would please start on the following Monday. No problem... We played this game for 3 weeks. I was finally told that there was no position-- Sunguard did not get the contract with the client. This left me without my original job and any immediate prospects going forward. There was no followup by SungardAS to help remediate the situation with positions from other clients-- no communication at all.

In 20 years of professional IT, I have never heard of any company doing anything like this, not to mention a brand name such as this. Something is seriously wrong with Sungard's account management and human resources.

Advice to Senior ManagementThis is a small market and people will remember... A company's reputation is everything.

Rearranging the deck chairs on Titanic

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat folks at the "do-er" level. They haven't gotten a decent bonus in years but they are one of the hardest and most dedicated people that I can say are keeping the lights on.

ConsThere's absolutely no career growth. Management still have no clue what is it that we do for our customers. There's way too many internal meetings, status updates on reports, operational matrices but what's missing is the desire to win new business. Sungard's biggest problem is there are way too many folks fighting internally to sell the same thing that we don't know what or who we sell it to. The customer simply goes to our competitor.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop sugar-coating and telling how great we're. Or that "we are hiring aggressively." Or the latest one, we're 1.4Billion dollar company and we're excited about it. The reality is our margins are decreasing YoY. We are in no better shape and I have not seen anyone in management even look you in the eyes as say it's a great company! That's the reality. My take, we are "hiring aggressively" to back-fill the jobs for folks who have left. Honestly, I would not advise any of my friends to come work here.

Ananymous

ProsGreat Developers with more skills.

ConsTesting team sucks. Unskilled testers

Poorly managed, issues with nepotism, good old boys club

ProsBeats unemployment

Good benefits, ok pay

ConsBad management, worthless, apathetic.

Management does not listen to employees. Treading water until company is sold.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake some management courses.

Tumultuous disappointing ride to nowhere.

Senior Engineer (Current Employee)
    Wayne, PA

ProsYou get a paycheck that doesn't bounce. You get exposed to very interesting technical issues made by folkd not following best practices even loosely.

ConsIf you are a competent technical Engineer working here will frustrate you. Managers are picked randomly and have little technical knowledge. Often picked using the buddy system. I have had 5 new managers in the past year. Managers parade employees, who have historically been responsible for crippling technical blunders, in front of the CEO touting them as heroes who saved the company from the unresolved issues they created themselves. Those employees are subsequently made into incompetent managers.

Advice to Senior ManagementFind some folks that know computer stuff.

Exercise Caution!

Wayne, PA

ProsFlex hours are allowed, lending better work/life balance.

ConsUnprofessional and sometimes hostile behavior is demonstrated by employees, to include some at the management level. This is one of the most disorganized places I have ever worked.

Advice to Senior ManagementUnprofessional behavior is at the management level and is allowed to continue. This should be addressed.

A Major disappointment for Customer Service and Moral

Service Delivery Executive (Former Employee)
    Wayne, PA

ProsPay was decent and benefits were good. Anyone outside of Managed Service was content with the company.

ConsBonus was not consistent across work teams
    Off shoring and under staffing in US may supporting Client unbearable
    Meeting SLA's were difficult
    Low Customer Satisfaction

Advice to Senior Managementstaffing and support models broken; bring support back to US
    Management very slow to respond; needs to improve

Worked for Sungard Availability Services? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Sungard Availability Services reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Sungard Availability Services CEO Andrew A. Stern. All 256 reviews posted anonymously by Sungard Availability Services employees.