Sungard Availability Services

www.sungardas.com

Sungard Availability Services Reviews in Wayne, PA

Updated Jul 16, 2014
Sungard Availability Services – San Ramon – “View of the mountain from the office”

Sungard Availability Services CEO Andrew A. Stern

Andrew A. Stern

Pros
  • Work-life balance is decent, but only b/c there is no urgency or direction in the organization (in 14 reviews)

• great place to learn new skills (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Most of the upper management has only been with the company 3 years or less (in 20 reviews)

• Senior management out of touch with the actual impediments to performing the work (in 15 reviews)

More Highlights
35 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

I negotiated contracts for the companies numerous service offerings.

Contract Specialist (Former Employee) Wayne, PA

ProsDecent work/life balance, great coworkers in my department, not a stuffy corporate environment.

ConsThe company leadership changed while I was there and the new leadership team struggled to find its footing and seemed to be steering the company in a direction that I did not like. Leadership changed again after I left and I've heard it is a much better environment there now.

Worst corporate experience...glad I moved on!

Consultant (Former Employee) Wayne, PA

ProsGreat peers. Good career opportunities since many people leave.

ConsWorst management and corporate culture. Lack of vision. Rampant favoritism while ignoring real issues. Big corporation feeling. Revolving doors. It's hard to recommend it to a friend.

Advice to Senior ManagementBuild a more progressive corporation. Allow employees to be innovative. Hold everyone accountable for THEIR productivity as well as short comings. Hopefully better days are ahead.

Great Place if you are Dumb

Senior Business Analyst (Current Employee) Wayne, PA

ProsI worked for IT team and they are allergic to smart people.Their ERP system was build 15 years back and people want to keep them engaged in fixing the issues.

ConsGreat place if you turn off your brain and say 'Yes' to everything. The biggest challenge in this company is the non-competent, non-technical directors who will not get any job if they quit Sungard AS. This company is not ready for change so I expect them to fail/sold in next 2-3 years

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease hire smart leadership

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great Customers and Great Service offering with lots of opportunities

Service Delivery Manager (Current Employee) Wayne, PA

ProsWork life balance, virtual office option, compensation, flex time, some travel. The service we offer is very valuable and you get an opportunity to impact a customer immediately in a positive way.

ConsCareer path is not as clear cut depending on your position. The company does not provide a credit card for travel so everything is out of pocket and reimbursed which can be tough if you travel more than a week at a time.

Advice to Senior ManagementStrike a deal with American Express or another card company and move towards a company credit card for customer facing roles.

Micromanagement

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Wayne, PA

ProsSome really nice people work there.

ConsGeneral frustration overall in several departments.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't micromanage. It's anti-productive and discouraging for any employee. Empower them to be the adults that they are and let them feel like they know what they are doing.

– I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company

Good work culture but compensation leaves a bit to be desired

Strategic Account Executive (Current Employee) Wayne, PA

ProsWork culture promotes a healthy work/life balance. The sales organization is fairly well run with not much micro management

ConsThe total compensation for sales people is not on par with similar IT Services companies

Advice to Senior ManagementOffer an increased salary commesurate with experience and/or tenure, increase on target earnings by 20% - 25%, and adjust the commission plan to REALLY incentify the focus on incremental revenue

On it's way up.

Sales Support Specialist (Current Employee) Wayne, PA

ProsFlexability, ability to manage your own workload, the people I work with.

ConsCommunication from Upper Management. Compensation.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep working on it. This company and it's employees have the ability to make Sungard a great place to work!

Tumultuous disappointing ride to nowhere.

Senior Engineer (Current Employee) Wayne, PA

ProsYou get a paycheck that doesn't bounce. You get exposed to very interesting technical issues made by folkd not following best practices even loosely.

ConsIf you are a competent technical Engineer working here will frustrate you. Managers are picked randomly and have little technical knowledge. Often picked using the buddy system. I have had 5 new managers in the past year. Managers parade employees, who have historically been responsible for crippling technical blunders, in front of the CEO touting them as heroes who saved the company from the unresolved issues they created themselves. Those employees are subsequently made into incompetent managers.

Advice to Senior ManagementFind some folks that know computer stuff.

Exercise Caution!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Wayne, PA

ProsFlex hours are allowed, lending better work/life balance.

ConsUnprofessional and sometimes hostile behavior is demonstrated by employees, to include some at the management level. This is one of the most disorganized places I have ever worked.

Advice to Senior ManagementUnprofessional behavior is at the management level and is allowed to continue. This should be addressed.

Favoritism at its worst. Management hired their best buddies, and treated seasoned incumbents like dog-meat.

Marketing (Former Employee) Wayne, PA

Prostelecommuting as an option, job flexibility

Consmanagement asleep at the wheel, never prepared at meetings, running late asking for materials sent prior constantly. "do as I say not as I do" was the motto.

Advice to Senior Managementhold managers accountable for their own work, not simply how well they report on their staff's projects

Worked for Sungard Availability Services? Contribute to the Community!