Sunquest Information Systems

www.sunquestinfo.com

Sunquest Information Systems Reviews

Updated Jul 21, 2014
Sunquest Information Systems – US – “tucson office”

Sunquest Information Systems President and CEO Richard Atkin

Richard Atkin

Pros
  • Nice learning opportunity,nice environment to work(in 7 reviews)

• Mainly good co-workers, though many leaving(in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Low pay once you get any experience and raises are capped at below inflation (that's if you are an overachiever and work 50hrs(in 9 reviews)

• The executive team lacks vision and has no idea how to execute(in 5 reviews)

Good place to start.

Marketing Intern (Current Employee) Tucson, AZ

ProsTasks are great to learn.

ConsPeople does not always talk good about coworkers.

If you are desperate, build your resume and get out.

Technical Trainer (Former Employee) Tucson, AZ

ProsMany of the folks on the front lines are fantastic and really know their stuff.
    This is a place to get your start in this field or any corporate field.
    Recently ditched an incompetent president (though the new one doesn't seem much better).

ConsUpper management expects miracles without proper staff levels or time.
    The pay is way below market norm.
    While some managers are great, others have no place in management.
    Numerous departments are rife with nepotism.
    Staff are often placed in the wrong departments and then chastised for poor performance.

The environment is simply toxic. Do your time and get out!

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to the front line, ditch 4dx, clean house on the VPs and directors, and push software to modernity.

Hope you survive

ProsGrowing company with good talent

ConsGrowing company that has no foundation

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Solid, Ethical workplace. Lots of work to be done

ProsThe people and products are all committed to improving healthcare. The People who work here are really great. They seem to have a passion for getting it right. This leads them (and drives you) to long hours and some very rewarding challenges.

ConsThere just doesn't seem to be enough people to do everything right. This leads to frustration and often people shifting to other jobs and then other companies.

Advice to Senior ManagementBelieve in your people, reward them for their commitment by being open and honest. Secrets build distrust and this bleeds out in suspicion and lack of satisfaction.

A place to grow and improve

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Tucson, AZ

ProsSalaries aren't the highest, but they aren't the lowest either. I got a 10% raise at my promotion from associate level to standard job description (ie: associate support specialist to support specialist but that's not necessarily what I do). Then when I shifted to another team and our work was reorganized, and I worked hard and demonstrated strong results, I was given first a 4% raise for the new year and about 10 days later was called in and told that I was being given an additional 9% raise. All together I went up by 25% across just less than 2 years. I like the 401K, but must admit that when SQ was purchased by Roper, we lost some of the company contribution. The other perks like the onsite gym, the onsite café, meals and snacks (Fresh Fruit Friday afternoon snack), packing & shipping services at corporate rate (they pack for you for free), and onsite dry cleaning pick up and delivery are nice to have. So far I really like the people I work with; they are smart, helpful and engaged. There is a new President/CEO named Matt Hawkins and he seems to have some great vision for improving and taking us much further in the next 10 years. I'm down for staying through and seeing how it goes.

ConsSome of the managers are not good at developing their people and are a bit confused. Others are fantastic! The work-life balance varies WIDELY based on your role. Some people work their basic day and head home without any pressure for extended hours except in specific circumstances like trying to finish up a product for going to General Availability. Others, especially those in the implementation teams, have some pretty long hours including weekends in order to get clients to be able to go live with their new systems. I don't know for sure, but I believe those positions do have some pretty solid salaries.

Advice to Senior ManagementLive the corporate values, seek feedback and use it! Have enough members on the teams to allow for plenty of back up in case of illness or attrition. Some managers and directors are very good at recognizing good work, but some hardly ever do any recognition. Focus more on quality than revenue generation for 4DX. High quality products produce the returning, loyal customers.

Good resume builder

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Tucson, AZ

ProsThe people you work with make a great team. The benefits are great.

ConsThe cultural is changing and i wonder if it is for the better.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your people on the front line.

The promise is there, but the lack of execution is crippling.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Tucson, AZ

ProsFor the most part, SQ IS is a decently mediocre place to work. The perks that they offer (e.g., on-site gym, free meals on occasion, number of holidays, PTO, etc.) are nice; they pay slightly more than the majority of employers in the area; they are fairly understanding and accommodative when it comes to employees needing time off.

ConsDuring Orient Express (orientation), they constantly brag about their "Culture of Accountability". They preach on about going above and beyond your role to help fellow employees and customers. They gloat over their training opportunities and mentorship programs.

Sadly, once you get out of Orient Express, you realize that those things don't exist, at least not to the extent that they promised. While there are absolutely some solid people who work at SQ who will bend over backwards to help you and the customers, those folks are very few and very far between.

The mass majority of employees are only looking out for themselves. The jury is still out though with regard to what the true cause of that is. While I'm sure a handful of those folks are just naturally like that, I believe that one of the primary root causes is management and the 4DX program.

Management places a ridiculously high amount of faith in 4DX, so much so that employees get shamed if they are unable to follow through with their commits or if they have to move their commits forward to the following week (I have personally witnessed this during 4DX meetings).

Also, the actual training is a bit of a farce. Getting any kind of information from most of your fellow employees is like pulling teeth. My entire training consisted of me constantly asking questions, receiving partial bits and pieces of answers, and then trying to string it all together in order to figure out what I needed to do with any given project.

Advice to Senior Management1. Kill and bury 4DX immediately. Let your employees actually do their jobs without being required to play that game every week and having to worry about possibly being shamed if they don't "move the scoreboard" for their team.

2. Develop solid, legitimate training programs that focus on an employee's role within their department and the company overall (cross-training). We understand that learning about corporate / company policies are vital, but if we are not trained how to do our jobs properly, then you're kind of missing the point.

Corporate Bully

Anonymous (Current Employee)

ProsA paycheck with some benefits.

ConsUnorganized, left and right do not connect. Useless work that goes nowhere. Promise good support but support is not there for clients or associates. No connection between what client needs. Low pay. Over rated entrance exam for such a low caliber of a job. Management has no respect for the underlings. Sales is overrated and needs some intelligent people to run the show. Development overhaul overdue, need to get with the times (and even a step further) and figure out what client needs and what is important for future revenue.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet rid of Management and start over.

Why Bother????

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsMany of the lower-level employees really do care about doing a good job, meeting clients' needs, helping other team members, doing a good job,, etc. These made SUnquest a tolerable place. THeres a lot of work to do and you can learn a lot.

ConsThe company is experiencing so many challenges, and like a drowning man they seem to be panicking and are grasping at anything and everything to stay afloat. Unfortunately a lot of their actions are actually hindering their progress, again just like a drowning man!!! Very insulated culture, with a lot of employees who have been there so long they don't even know what's standard business practice anywhere else. They constantly take employee surveys and get employee inputs but never act on any of it.

You stay poor, while the execs get richer

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Tucson, AZ

ProsYou work with good people who, for the most part, want to make a difference.

ConsYou are constantly asked to do more, to make the company more money. They set a goal every year of x amount of millions of dollars in revenue. They then ask you to commit every week as to how you are going to help make that money happen. Yet year after year, they never try to reinvest in their people who try to make them that money. They will not meet competitive wages and will not try to keep an employee who is offered a better salary else where.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake the salaries public knowledge. Stop hiding everything (meetings, wages) and be open with your employees.

Worked for Sunquest Information Systems? Contribute to the Community!