Sunquest Information Systems Reviews

Reset
3.2
Sunquest Information Systems President Matthew Hawkins
Matthew Hawkins

Pros
  • Nice learning opportunity,nice environment to work (in 7 reviews)

• Benefits are great compared to my last job, supervisor doesn't micro-manage and can actually be funny i (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Low pay once you get any experience and raises are capped at below inflation (that's if you are an overachiever and work 50hrs (in 9 reviews)

• Non-existent family/work life balance (in 4 reviews)

1. Innovative and Open

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

I have been working at Sunquest Information Systems (Less than a year)

Pros

This company is in a great state of growth and innovative focus. I have heard from countless employees about how things "used to be" compared to how the company is focusing now. There is a renewed focus on employee engagement and success. Big changes are happening in onboarding, leadership and employee development. There are also big changes in innovation and product development. It is a great place to be a part of if you enjoy being a part of something dynamic and changing.

Cons

There is still a large split between those employees who are comfortable with the "old way" of doing things, and newer employees and the current cultural direction. The company is moving at a very new and fast pace and the negative vernacular from some is holding the opportunity for positive change, back. The company struggles with change management, but is very open to continuous improvement.

Growing and agile organization

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vail, AZ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vail, AZ

I have been working at Sunquest Information Systems full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

High energy leadership that wants to make a difference in healthcare through innovative information technology. Great place to really implement change for the greater good of the organization.

Cons

There's lots of work to be done and some of the seasoned staff are resistant to change and sometimes punish newer folks for not riding the storm with them.

Advice to Management

Continue moving forward! Consider other work friendly practices like schedule flexibility and other fun perks - you're on the right track though!

Aug 12, 2015 – VP People Operations

Wow! Thank you for taking the time to give us this feedback. The truly is a great place to implement change though that means there is a lot of work to be done. We appreciate your advice as well.

Sham of a company

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

I worked at Sunquest Information Systems full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

It's a nice place to get your foot in the door

Cons

Work/life balance is skewed, the pay is well below average, the corporate culture is toxic, and some of the management is permitted to outright bully their employees. Unless you are fresh out of school or are desperate for a job, stay away. This is no place to make a career. This is hardly a place to have a job.

Advice to Management

Stop posting shill reviews on here so people can get a real impression of the company. Look around and read the signs: this is a sinking ship; considering listening to your employees for a change.

Aug 12, 2015 – VP People Operations

Thank you for taking the time to post this. As for bullying, we do not tolerate such behavior and investigate any such complaint with tenacity. We are sorry you had such a poor experience and hope ... More

Great growth and challenges; beware rapid change for no reason

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

I worked at Sunquest Information Systems full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

You learn a lot and work with smart people mostly. Pay is average to a bit low for some jobs.

Cons

Change comes fast and furious, at times with seemingly little reason. Good people suddenly disappear. Many leaders are almost heartless.

Advice to Management

Care more about the people who make you look good. Don't set such ridiculously high goals such that when your team accomplished amazing growth you don't even recognize it because it wasn't as high as your crazy goal was.

Aug 12, 2015 – VP People Operations

Thank you for your comment. While we appreciate that you recognize the caliber of co-workers you are surrounded by, we also recognize that we are moving at an incredible pace. The urgency and ... More

A lot of flexibility, great place to work.

Current Employee - Sales Operations Manager in Tucson, AZ
    Current Employee - Sales Operations Manager in Tucson, AZ

I have been working at Sunquest Information Systems full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

- Employment flexibility is a big bonus - A lot of room for lateral or vertical movement. Plenty of opportunities to learn different things, and move up. - Great leadership at the company - Employees at Sunquest are great

Cons

- Very fast paced, big sense of urgency - Old processes holding back potential operations progress

Aug 12, 2015 – VP People Operations

Thanks for the feedback! We agree that opportunities abound. The pace is brisk but we also feel that pace is necessary for us to succeed given the rate of change in the market.

Established company doing innovative things

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Pros

The energy, intelligence and collaboration of the team makes working here rewarding and exciting every day. As a very diverse group of professionals, the employees are involved in multiple facets of the organization and the community. Many of those that choose to work in healthcare want their work to be impactful and make a difference. I can honestly say that this rings true at Sunquest more than most of the companies I've had the opportunity to work for. The vision and strategy makes Sunquest a really exciting place to be in healthcare.

Cons

An on campus tennis center would be a very beneficial addition to the health and well-being of the employees. There is not one today. The office lighting could be improved.

Advice to Management

I would suggest that management should continue asking for creativity and input from the staff. They are off to a solid start but that effort can quickly erode if it's not diligently pursued.

Aug 12, 2015 – VP People Operations

Thank you for taking the time to give us this feedback. We are excited that your experience has been a positive one worthwhile and that our mission is ringing true to you. We also agree that we ... More

Product development department

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Pros

Most people here are good people trying to do a good job. Work schedules have been flexible; I arrive when I want and leave when I am done with my work for the day. Sometimes that means I work 9 hours and others 6-7 hours. It all averages out in the end. Nice resume footnote

Cons

Change management is a train wreck. Messaging regarding changes such as the move to the agile methodology is inconsistent. There is also a pocket of people who are sabotaging the change process because they have been with the company for a long time and behave like they are not accountable to anyone. This is discouraging for a new employee. The layoff thing mentioned in another post was disturbing. I understand the business decisions associated with a move like that's, but management needs to get out in front of that with messaging to the broader staff. There is also a few interesting case studies in megalomania going on that management has no idea how to deal with. I am biding my time and doing the best job I can until something else comes along.

Advice to Management

top down communication that is unambiguous at the middle management level is needed. Improve change management process. Stop using corporate buzz words like innovate, innovative, value pillars. Stop the monthly rah rah town halls with Ellie Golding. Be honest and direct in your communications. Stop sugar coating communication. Define expectations more clearly and avoid ambiguity in messaging.

Aug 12, 2015 – VP People Operations

Thank you for taking the time to give such thorough feedback. It truly saddens me that there are benign sabateurs in our organization that believe tenure is valid excuse for such behavior. As ... More

Too overwhelming for the job you have to do.

Current Employee - Associate Support Specialist in Tucson, AZ
    Current Employee - Associate Support Specialist in Tucson, AZ

Pros

Great pay and benefits. Trainer was excellent but the training content does not prepare you for the job.

Cons

Coworkers force work on other teams/teammates. Hardly any assistance when trying to solve a problem. Job security is lacking.

Advice to Management

Make the transition from training to working on the floor more smooth. You don't really learn the job in training and then get flooded with all the work.

Feb 13, 2015 – VP People Operations

Thank you for providing feedback. We would love for you to provide us ideas for making that transition from training to the floor more smooth. Further, please come to People Operations and give us ... More

Varied

Current Employee - Associate Project Manager in Tucson, AZ
    Current Employee - Associate Project Manager in Tucson, AZ

I have been working at Sunquest Information Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Employee appreciation, ease of movement between positions, good environment, opportunities for growth

Cons

your experience depends very much what department you are in. there is little cohesive oversight of the company or common experience. vps have full authority and each department is run separately and differently. Pay is low for the industry.

Dec 30, 2014 – VP People Operations

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We truly appreciate your efforts and hope that you will continue to provide feedback, both positive and constructive. Your thoughts about ... More

Poor Compensation and benefits

Former Employee - QA Engineer in Tucson, AZ
    Former Employee - QA Engineer in Tucson, AZ

I worked at Sunquest Information Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

start up environment, good learning experience

Cons

Benefits, compensation, work environment, no work life balance

Dec 21, 2014 – VP People Operations

Thank you for taking the time to leave your thoughts. We wish you well on your new endeavors. Our environment certainly fosters learning and allows the opportunity to have a voice and make ... More

RSS Feed </> Embed