Sunquest Information Systems

Updated February 6, 2015
2.6

Sunquest Information Systems President Matthew Hawkins
Matthew Hawkins

Pros
  • Nice learning opportunity,nice environment to work (in 7 reviews)

• Benefits are great compared to my last job, supervisor doesn't micro-manage and can actually be funny i (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Low pay once you get any experience and raises are capped at below inflation (that's if you are an overachiever and work 50hrs (in 9 reviews)

• The work-life balance varies WIDELY based on your role (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights

41 Employee Reviews Back to all Reviews

1. Featured Review

Great Team - Growth Industry - Stable Owners - Culture Trending VERY Positively

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

I have been working at Sunquest Information Systems full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

- Opportunities for career growth abound.
     - Fanatic, well-renowned, global client base
     - Talented co-workers
     - Values are becoming a part of the culture, not just platitudes
     - Unique market position and market drivers allowing for dynamic possible growth and impact to healthcare
     - Publicly Traded Ownership (Roper Industries) allows autonomy
     - Positive changes recently make for VERY positive trend in culture

Cons

- Some gossip.
     - Lots of urgency and work to do. If you don't like a challenge, this probably isn't the spot for you.

Continue on the current path. Change is hard but the goal is worth it. Communicate, Communicate, Communicate

Dec 23, 2014VP People Operations

Wow! Thank you for taking the time to share these thoughts. We agree that the culture is trending positively and love to hear your feedback.

Please provide both positive and constructive
    ... More

Too overwhelming for the job you have to do.

Current Employee - Associate Support Specialist in Tucson, AZ
    Current Employee - Associate Support Specialist in Tucson, AZ

I have been working at Sunquest Information Systems

Pros

Great pay and benefits. Trainer was excellent but the training content does not prepare you for the job.

Cons

Coworkers force work on other teams/teammates. Hardly any assistance when trying to solve a problem. Job security is lacking.

Make the transition from training to working on the floor more smooth. You don't really learn the job in training and then get flooded with all the work.

Feb 13, 2015VP People Operations

Thank you for providing feedback. We would love for you to provide us ideas for making that transition from training to the floor more smooth. Further, please come to People Operations and give us ... More

Varied

Current Employee - Associate Project Manager in Tucson, AZ
    Current Employee - Associate Project Manager in Tucson, AZ

I have been working at Sunquest Information Systems full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Employee appreciation, ease of movement between positions, good environment, opportunities for growth

Cons

your experience depends very much what department you are in. there is little cohesive oversight of the company or common experience. vps have full authority and each department is run separately and differently.

Pay is low for the industry.

Dec 30, 2014VP People Operations

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We truly appreciate your efforts and hope that you will continue to provide feedback, both positive and constructive.

Your thoughts about

Poor Compensation and benefits

Former Employee - QA Engineer in Tucson, AZ
    Former Employee - QA Engineer in Tucson, AZ

I worked at Sunquest Information Systems full-time (more than a year)

Pros

start up environment, good learning experience

Cons

Benefits, compensation, work environment, no work life balance

Dec 21, 2014VP People Operations

Thank you for taking the time to leave your thoughts. We wish you well on your new endeavors.

Our environment certainly fosters learning and allows the opportunity to have a voice and make

Good interview, low salary

Former Employee - Systems Consultant in Tucson, AZ
    Former Employee - Systems Consultant in Tucson, AZ

I worked at Sunquest Information Systems full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Great for entry level and resume building

Cons

Salary is low compared to Public and private sector

n/a

Poor strategic vision

Current Employee - Client Support Specialist in Tucson, AZ
    Current Employee - Client Support Specialist in Tucson, AZ

Pros

Most of the employees are decent enough people.

Cons

The level of attrition in the support organization has severely diminished this company's ability to deliver on the promise of best-in-class client support. There are products that we sell, that no one knows how to support. With senior analysts spread thin putting out fires at client sites, there are insufficient training and mentorship resources.

As such, this is likely to be a dead end job.

Furthermore, it is so specialized that your experience will count for little should you decide to move on -- unless you elect to work for a client directly, which thanks to Sunquest's unwillingness to pay their analysts market value is extremely common. We are hemorrhaging top level talent faster than we can train people up.

The flagship product is circling the drain, the unchecked attrition of senior analysts is only hastening the process as we find ourselves less and less able to provide the clients with timely resolutions.

The vast majority of your revenue comes from support maintenance contracts. Preventing client attrition requires action to prevent agent attrition - You need your top talent to stay in support, and you need new agents to stay with the company long enough to become top agents -- a process which will take years.

It's not about ice cream, or trophies, or focused recognitions or Casual Fridays. It's about cash in the bank. And as long as client sites are offering double what you are offering, you will continue to bleed talent until there is nothing left.

Fair pay/benefits, poor training and working conditions.

Former Employee - Associate Professional Services Consultant in Tucson, AZ
    Former Employee - Associate Professional Services Consultant in Tucson, AZ

I worked at Sunquest Information Systems full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Good entry level job, decent pay, great benefits

Cons

terrible training, "crack the whip" leadership, more concerned with billable hours than giving clients good service.

Manage your team like people, not assets. Newly hired managers don't know the business, so they take on a role as task-master and not of manager. If my performance is based solely upon numbers in a spreadsheet, please make sure those numbers are even somewhat accurate; not once was a weekly report accurate. SHOW UP for 1:1 meetings. Understand that you have to give non-lab new-hires more of a background of lab if you expect them to succeed. Update your training material regularly, exclude outdated information/processes. Directors should have 1:1's with the team members to check if their manager is supporting their career growth.

Good place to start.

Current Employee - Marketing Intern in Tucson, AZ
    Current Employee - Marketing Intern in Tucson, AZ

I have been working at Sunquest Information Systems full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Tasks are great to learn.

Cons

People does not always talk good about coworkers.

If you are desperate, build your resume and get out.

Former Employee - Technical Trainer in Tucson, AZ
    Former Employee - Technical Trainer in Tucson, AZ

I worked at Sunquest Information Systems full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Many of the folks on the front lines are fantastic and really know their stuff.
    This is a place to get your start in this field or any corporate field.
    Recently ditched an incompetent president (though the new one doesn't seem much better).

Cons

Upper management expects miracles without proper staff levels or time.
    The pay is way below market norm.
    While some managers are great, others have no place in management.
    Numerous departments are rife with nepotism.
    Staff are often placed in the wrong departments and then chastised for poor performance.

The environment is simply toxic. Do your time and get out!

Listen to the front line, ditch 4dx, clean house on the VPs and directors, and push software to modernity.

A place to grow and improve

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Pros

Salaries aren't the highest, but they aren't the lowest either. I got a 10% raise at my promotion from associate level to standard job description (ie: associate support specialist to support specialist but that's not necessarily what I do). Then when I shifted to another team and our work was reorganized, and I worked hard and demonstrated strong results, I was given first a 4% raise for the new year and about 10 days later was called in and told that I was being given an additional 9% raise. All together I went up by 25% across just less than 2 years. I like the 401K, but must admit that when SQ was purchased by Roper, we lost some of the company contribution. The other perks like the onsite gym, the onsite café, meals and snacks (Fresh Fruit Friday afternoon snack), packing & shipping services at corporate rate (they pack for you for free), and onsite dry cleaning pick up and delivery are nice to have. So far I really like the people I work with; they are smart, helpful and engaged. There is a new President/CEO named Matt Hawkins and he seems to have some great vision for improving and taking us much further in the next 10 years. I'm down for staying through and seeing how it goes.

Cons

Some of the managers are not good at developing their people and are a bit confused. Others are fantastic! The work-life balance varies WIDELY based on your role. Some people work their basic day and head home without any pressure for extended hours except in specific circumstances like trying to finish up a product for going to General Availability. Others, especially those in the implementation teams, have some pretty long hours including weekends in order to get clients to be able to go live with their new systems. I don't know for sure, but I believe those positions do have some pretty solid salaries.

Live the corporate values, seek feedback and use it! Have enough members on the teams to allow for plenty of back up in case of illness or attrition. Some managers and directors are very good at recognizing good work, but some hardly ever do any recognition. Focus more on quality than revenue generation for 4DX. High quality products produce the returning, loyal customers.

Sunquest Information Systems Photos