Sunrise Senior Living

1 Review

Sunrise Senior Living CEO Chris Winkle
Chris Winkle
1 Rating

Pros
  • People passionate about what they do and improving the quality of life for seniors (in 11 reviews)

• I met so many wonderful team members that I am honored to have worked with (in 18 reviews)

Cons
  • long hours bad mangement no respect (in 11 reviews)

• short staffed with care managers so we are stressed and over worked (in 9 reviews)

More Highlights

1 Employee Reviews Back to all Reviews

Three ED's and two DO's in last three years created a lot of change.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Florham Park, NJ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Florham Park, NJ

I have been working at Sunrise Senior Living

Pros

Very satisfying to help the elderly enjoy the last years of their lives. Making acquaintance of families and helping them deal with the aging process and their changing role with their parents.

Cons

Watching the elderly decline and eventually pass away can be depressing but knowing you made the end as good as it could be helps.

This is a growth industry and the demographics of the residents have changed in the last ten years. People are waiting longer before entering assisted living because it is expensive so they are already in a decline when they come to us, including cognitively. We would be more competitive if we had 24/7 nursing staff. For the residents who are not cognitively impaired, having more stimulating activities and weekly trips to a museum, play, exhibit, etc. would be greatly apprciated by those residents and would entice more people to move in. Our building in particluar is at the nursing home end of the scale of assisted living because of the current population of residents.

Sunrise Senior Living Photos