Sunrise Senior Living Reviews

349 reviews filtered by
3.1
Sunrise Senior Living CEO Chris Winkle
Chris Winkle

Pros
  • People passionate about what they do and improving the quality of life for seniors (in 11 reviews)

• I met so many wonderful team members that I am honored to have worked with (in 18 reviews)

Cons
  • long hours bad mangement no respect (in 11 reviews)

• short staffed with care managers so we are stressed and over worked (in 9 reviews)

Frustrating

Current Freelancer - Care Manager in Lawrenceville, GA
    Current Freelancer - Care Manager in Lawrenceville, GA

I have been working at Sunrise Senior Living (less than a year)

Pros

You get attached to the residents and some of your coworkers

Cons

- Your duties extend over that of a CNA, such as making plates, setting tables, activities, laundry, light housekeeping . Quality of care is diminished

Advice to Management

Stop being cheap and hire more people for more jobs instead of overworking your short staffed care managers

2. It's ok pretty easy get to meet elderly people

I have been working at Sunrise Senior Living

Pros

You can see and understand ones life

Cons

Someone is always dying you build relationships then they go

3. care manager

I worked at Sunrise Senior Living full-time

Pros

I was a transfer for the same company and when I moved I was able to get my same hours

Cons

I feel bad put one star for the company because the other one I transferred from every on was great good coordination and good communication but the one I transferred to honestly there was no communication and management follow the he said she said lingo they will only give you consideration on less you are close with management if your not your a target and the director still has a face to lower my slary before transfering later I found out people that transferd were able to keep there previous salary. It's only for this this place not the other sunrise because the ones I work for was great place to work in and regret my transfer happy job hunting.

Advice to Management

Please not to take sides or belive people because they are close with an employee. And not treat it like a high school setting

Member of Team for Over 3 Years

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Frisco, TX

I have been working at Sunrise Senior Living full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Sunrise is one of the best companies I have ever worked for. They offer top-notch training and do everything they can for you to be in control of your own success. The residents and families make even the most difficult days worth it! If you do your job well it will not go unnoticed and you will have opportunities to move up within the company. The management team in Frisco goes out of their way to work as a team and support one another as well as the entire team. We always strive for perfection in what we do, from the care we provide to how the community looks...some employees may not like that if they do not take pride in what they do and do not like to work hard! This is not just a paycheck, it is a rewarding career.

Cons

There is an emotional aspect to working in senior living, you get very attached to the residents and their families and it is hard to lose someone. Just like working for any company there can be office politics or drama from time to time but it is minimal and stomped out quickly. (It isn't nearly as much as other companies I have worked for!)

Care Giver

I worked at Sunrise Senior Living full-time

Pros

Great to be able to serve the elderly.

Cons

Very poor management. People management and basic care principles way out of target.

Advice to Management

Work closer with the patient needs of the elderly and stop pretending that they are better off falling and injuring themselves. Wake up and start managing the great staff that does the hard work.

7. Lead Care Manager

Current Employee - Lead Care Manager in Sandy, UT
    Current Employee - Lead Care Manager in Sandy, UT

I have been working at Sunrise Senior Living

Pros

Great company to work for. They care about the employees and the customers.

Cons

No cons that I can see. They are a great company to work for. I don't plan on ever leaving.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. Management is awesome.

care manager

I have been working at Sunrise Senior Living

Pros

The residents are the only reason I continue to work here. They need and deserve care and love.

Cons

This is the most poorly run business I have ever worked for. Leadership is non existent. It's all about the money. Favoritism is rampant. If you kiss the bosses behind you can get away with anything. coming in late, being lazy, not doing job efficiently is common and rewarded here.

Advice to Management

Totally clean house and get new coordinators. Do random drug testing on everyone from upper level to care managers. Lots of pot heads working there. If management really cared, they would be aware of this.

Health Care Coordinator

I worked at Sunrise Senior Living full-time

Pros

Working with amazing residents. Working with good team members who strive to make a difference every day

Cons

Overworked 10-12 hours 5 days a week. Plus being on call 24/7. No compensation for expected overtime hours. Overwhelming from assessments, Adressing resident issues/concerns, family concerns and follow ups, new move in assessments, pharmacy issues, team member issues and hours and budgets, etc

Advice to Management

If you want high quality of care, give the nurses more resources to push for highest quality of care

patio host

I have been working at Sunrise Senior Living

Pros

yes way . go for it . find a job you like and to be happy with it , or youll be stuck with no job . in your own country , not a good thing . peoples

Cons

no one is working , all managers in office talking , all the time is other jobs . no one has worked . only the colorless people . not far

Advice to Management

do your job , and you will be happy . and need to learn new things

11. High pressure sales to families of ailing seniors

I worked at Sunrise Senior Living full-time

Pros

The Seniors are lovely people.

Cons

The management at the National level teach fear & bully tactics to sell.

Advice to Management

Stop treating the sales process like a high pressure time- share.

Sunrise Senior Living Photos