Super Supplements

www.supersup.com

Super Supplements Reviews

Updated Jul 16, 2014
Super Supplements – Seattle – “Employee Appreciation Party Superstars!”

Jim Sweeney

Look Elsewhere

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsMy peers were great to work with.

ConsI would get into the cons, but I know there'll be some lame rebuttal from the company explaining how I'm wrong, my opinion is skewed, what a good company they are to work for and that they're all about their employees - so I won't even bother.

I will at least state that if you want to work for a place that's smaller and independently owned and operated, this isn't the place for you. It's corporate. It's corporate in every sense of the word and with all of the garbage and politics that go along with that.

Store Manager

Store Manager (Former Employee)

ProsGreat discount, vendor trainings are well done, that is about it.

ConsGeorge Town office poorly run by people who have no clue how retail works. Extremely poor upper management. HR does not take complaints seriously.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop hiding behind your catch phrase "assume positive intent" and start holding people at the home office as accountable as the management on the front lines.

Good company going through constant change

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThere are Good people to work with
    They offer Competitive pay
    They have Good benefits as well as
    Fair working conditions

ConsRecently purchased by larger national vitamin company and quickly losing its identity and culture. Bonuses, morale and overall feel of the company has changed. New policies make the environment restrictive and overly corporate in a place that has seen success through trust and a personal approach to people.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Assume Positive Intent

Administrative (Current Employee) Seattle, WA

ProsSuper Supplements was a fast growing and fun place to work. Most employees had an opportunity to make a difference and work was collaborative.

ConsSuper Supplements has been sold to Vitamin Shoppe and the corporate take-over nightmare begins. Most office employees will be fired but the distribution center remains and takes over distribution for the 17 Vitamin Shoppe stores in the area.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt was pretty unfair to continue to hire when you were working to sell the company.

Super Supplements provided me a wonderful opportunity to grow my skills.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Seattle, WA

ProsAmazing team of people to work with.
    Laid back culture.
    Ability to work with minimal manager over-site.
    Great on-boarding process that made you feel part of the team right away.
    Original and fun yearly awards.
    Great supplement knowledge training for retail employees.

ConsCompensation and bonuses were not that super.

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide more training opportunities outside of just supplement knowledge training.

Great place to grow

Current Super Sup Employee (Current Employee) Seattle, WA

ProsLots of training (product and procedural training from headquarters)
    Competitive pay for retail
    No pressure to sell specific products at retail
    Teams are like family

ConsEquipment and systems need to be upgraded, procedures always changing (we have training to support this, but it can be frustrating for us and customers)

Advice to Senior ManagementMaintain the culture that we have worked hard to create/maintain

Not the best experience with upper management

Manager (Current Employee) Seattle, WA

ProsGreat trainings and lots of free products

ConsCompany does not live their values

Good place to work ,and to build experience.

Distribution Center Specialist (Current Employee) Seattle, WA

ProsPromote within the company, people are nice, both inside the Warehouse and HQ.

Consfavoritism, bias, and those in leadership positions power trip sometimes.

Advice to Senior ManagementAt the warehouse level, please stop playing favoritism, and promote those who put in the most significant amount of efforts, and performance.

Super Supplements is SUPER! Passion, Knowledge, Team Work, Solid Management

Management (Current Employee) Seattle, WA

ProsEvolving and ever growing local NW OWNED company with a strong focus on product education, customer service, team professional development, with competitive pay.Management is open to employees ideas and always listens to concerns.

ConsStruggles with Buying Dept., WH and distribution have caused some hiccups with product availibility. There is a need to improve backend support computer systems and this is improving as the company grows and the right people are hired to get the job done. There are always growing pains with a company that is experiencing solid growth year after year.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to focus improving employee benefits and support programs. Continue also to improve manager training to better equip them to do thier jobs and take care of thier team members and customers.

Not Super at all!!

Very very demanding Management
    Poor Management
    Poor wages
    Poor benefits
    Poor growth within the company
    Poor values
    Joke raises
    Even HQ is run very poorly
    Always out stock in many products
    Bad service to customer because of turn-over within the company
    Long term Super supplement will lose againt GNC and others because it is NO different maybe even Worst, because of their dishonetly and bad treatment of workers and customers will go somewhere else

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat workers like grown-ups
    Pay workers a fair wage for all the knowledge that is required, this not a regular retail setting at all
    Your culture statements are inaccurate.
    Reward your workers for their hard work and deep knowledge in the field, it better your sales and customer service level too
    Have long term vision is honest and real
    Lead by example and actions not just nice words
    Stop major waste in employee turn-over and the big cost of retraining

Worked for Super Supplements? Contribute to the Community!