Super Supplements

www.supersup.com

Super Supplements Reviews

Updated Jul 16, 2014
Super Supplements – Seattle – “Employee Appreciation Party Superstars!”

Jim Sweeney

Friendly, family oriented, professional place to work

Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee) Seattle, WA

ProsVery family oriented and understanding of the fact that we all have a life outside of work.
    Great compensation
    Open Door Management

ConsNot many positions open
    Only one location

Great place to grow

Current Super Sup Employee (Current Employee) Seattle, WA

ProsLots of training (product and procedural training from headquarters)
    Competitive pay for retail
    No pressure to sell specific products at retail
    Teams are like family

ConsEquipment and systems need to be upgraded, procedures always changing (we have training to support this, but it can be frustrating for us and customers)

Advice to Senior ManagementMaintain the culture that we have worked hard to create/maintain

Super Supplements is SUPER! Passion, Knowledge, Team Work, Solid Management

Management (Current Employee) Seattle, WA

ProsEvolving and ever growing local NW OWNED company with a strong focus on product education, customer service, team professional development, with competitive pay.Management is open to employees ideas and always listens to concerns.

ConsStruggles with Buying Dept., WH and distribution have caused some hiccups with product availibility. There is a need to improve backend support computer systems and this is improving as the company grows and the right people are hired to get the job done. There are always growing pains with a company that is experiencing solid growth year after year.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to focus improving employee benefits and support programs. Continue also to improve manager training to better equip them to do thier jobs and take care of thier team members and customers.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great Job

Sales Associate (Current Employee)

ProsPositive employment culture, commitment to educating employees and customers, great benefits

ConsBonuses make up for low wage

Advice to Senior ManagementMore creativity in marketing

Super Supplements is SUPER!

ProsThe culture is amazing. People care about people-both staff and customers. I feel supported in growing and like the company truly cares about my well being. I am challenged to uphold high standards which I appreciate.

ConsSometimes processes or things move slower than I would like.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the great work.

Super Supplements is Super!

Sales Associate (Former Employee) Seattle, WA

ProsThe people are great! We really get recognized for what we contribute.

ConsIt's growing really fast (this is good) but there are some hiccups along the way. A lot fo change is happening and systems being implemented that don't always work at first.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work-I know you're trying and things don't always go accordingly. I assume your positive intent.

Used to be a Great Company

Sales Associate (Former Employee) Bellevue, WA

Prosfriendly, flexible, allowed overtime, bonuses, lots of free products and training. They were bought out by Vitamin Shoppe, so I am not sure on how it is to work there any longer.. I have heard it went down hill.

ConsBought out by vitamin shoppe, pay could be better, always changing policy

Good company going through constant change

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThere are Good people to work with
    They offer Competitive pay
    They have Good benefits as well as
    Fair working conditions

ConsRecently purchased by larger national vitamin company and quickly losing its identity and culture. Bonuses, morale and overall feel of the company has changed. New policies make the environment restrictive and overly corporate in a place that has seen success through trust and a personal approach to people.

Assume Positive Intent

Administrative (Current Employee) Seattle, WA

ProsSuper Supplements was a fast growing and fun place to work. Most employees had an opportunity to make a difference and work was collaborative.

ConsSuper Supplements has been sold to Vitamin Shoppe and the corporate take-over nightmare begins. Most office employees will be fired but the distribution center remains and takes over distribution for the 17 Vitamin Shoppe stores in the area.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt was pretty unfair to continue to hire when you were working to sell the company.

Super Supplements provided me a wonderful opportunity to grow my skills.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Seattle, WA

ProsAmazing team of people to work with.
    Laid back culture.
    Ability to work with minimal manager over-site.
    Great on-boarding process that made you feel part of the team right away.
    Original and fun yearly awards.
    Great supplement knowledge training for retail employees.

ConsCompensation and bonuses were not that super.

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide more training opportunities outside of just supplement knowledge training.

Worked for Super Supplements? Contribute to the Community!