Super Supplements

www.supersup.com

Super Supplements Reviews

Updated Jul 16, 2014
Super Supplements – Seattle – “Employee Appreciation Party Superstars!”

Super Supplements – Seattle – “Employee Appreciation Party Superstars!”

Jim Sweeney

Not Super Anymore

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Seattle, WA

ProsGreat co-workers, was a fantastic place to work, we shared a common goal.

ConsStrong emphasis on Loss Prevention and lots of rules and box-checking. No longer has the same perks it once did before it was bought out by Vitamin Shoppe. Very Little support for store managers.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on the passion, not the process. You're hemorrhaging good people who actually know the product and are great at customer service.

Friendly, family oriented, professional place to work

Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee) Seattle, WA

ProsVery family oriented and understanding of the fact that we all have a life outside of work.
    Great compensation
    Open Door Management

ConsNot many positions open
    Only one location

Used to be a Great Company

Sales Associate (Former Employee) Bellevue, WA

Prosfriendly, flexible, allowed overtime, bonuses, lots of free products and training. They were bought out by Vitamin Shoppe, so I am not sure on how it is to work there any longer.. I have heard it went down hill.

ConsBought out by vitamin shoppe, pay could be better, always changing policy

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Once was a wonderful Company....not so much since Vitamin Shoppe takeover.

Assistant Manager (Former Employee)

ProsAs Super Supplements a ton of pros: free products, vendor training, Super Start (a training that introduces new employees to culture of Super Supplements). These perks no longer exist under Vitamin Shoppe leadership.

ConsVendor and corporate training has been cut. The outstanding Super Supplement learning and development program drastically cut and/or non existent. The culture of family type operation is gone since Vitamin Shoppe took over.

Advice to Senior ManagementJim Sweeney had wonderful vision for this company, but since Vitamin Shoppe has come in everything has changed. Vitamin Shoppe wanted Super Supplements because of how successful their business model was, it was based on employee education and superior customer service. If they want to be successful they must return to this type of business otherwise they will continue to lose all their best assets.

Great idea, good people, all ruined by corporate buy-outs.

ProsWhat Super Supplements does- or used to do, anyway- is educate. They invested a great deal of time and effort into educating their staff, so their staff could educate their customers. This allowed us to help people, as in, *really* help people, every day. It made what could have been just another retail job into something rewarding and fulfilling. It *was* a great place to work.

ConsAnd then Vitamin Shoppe bought the company and it has been downhill ever since. All the focus has shifted from improving the lives of our customers to making as much money off them as possible. We used to talk about people; now we only talk about numbers. We used to talk about how to invest in our employees; now we have endless memos about how to prevent employee theft, mandatory bag checks every single time we walk out the door, and they even go so far as to outline pat-downs if you're wearing a coat. I guess if you're into the soulless corporate sales game, and enjoy working for a company who will hire just about anyone because they are going to treat all their employees like potential criminals, instead of members of a team, it's great. But if you want to feel like a human being working with other human beings, I'd look elsewhere.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus less on the numbers and more on the people. When you are honestly invested in your customers and your employees, the numbers will sort themselves out.

Liked a lot about the company and great people.

Sales Associate (Former Employee) Seattle, WA

ProsTraining events were awesome, people I worked with were great.

ConsStore was very busy and small, tough to help everyone when we were busy which was 90 percent of the time.
    Bought by Vitamin Shoppe who I have worked for. Vitamin Shoppe was not a good company to work for.

OK at Best

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsNot many. Occasional access to free products, decent location.

ConsNo windows in E-Comerce office. Management did not communicate well.

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunicate with your employees. Do not hide sensitive information...

"WAS" a good place to work, until the buyout

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsProduct knowledge on natural remedies

ConsI wouldn't think twice about working here again. After the buyout the entire atmosphere changed. Lost quarterly bonuses, lost free product trials, lost product training incentives and last but not least, cut in sick time/ Paid time off.
    More corporate minded now that its owned by Vitamin Shoppe. Don't expect much here now!

Advice to Senior ManagementMaybe learn how to take charge of your own actions.

Poor Management

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood benefits, paid training's, f/t hours, decent wage.

ConsManagement displayed excessive favoritism by allowing certain employee's to not pull their own weight.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep better tabs on management and staff by spending time in the store on a more regular basis. Take employee concerns more seriously. Talk to employee's on a regular basis and ask them if they are satisfied with their work environment.

Poorly trained managers who are ineffective

Sales Associate (Former Employee) Seattle, WA

ProsTraining about supplements by vendors, discount when buying products, some great co-workers, helping customers solve their issues.

ConsThe sale to Vitamin Shoppe resulted in more of a corporate rigid feel. Benefits with Vitamin Shoppe resulted in greatly reduced alternative medical care coverage, plus some of my practitioners wouldn't deal with the new insurance company! That's what happens when the share holders are more important than the employees! So much for walking the talk.

Advice to Senior ManagementTrain your managers better. Have them get HR involved when employees have complaints. Ask the sales associates periodically how their managers are doing, so you can deal with problems of ineffective managers., or when managers just don't deal with things. Get rid of the lazy employees so that the good ones just don't leave out of frustration. Check back in with employees who have been injured on the job, and may have lingering or aggravated issues and make sure to properly accommodate them. Update your sales associate job description to include may have to work 2 weeks a month removing product from the shelves, dusting product, cleaning shelves, and putting product back- not everyone wants to do that.

Worked for Super Supplements? Contribute to the Community!