Super Supplements Reviews

39 reviews filtered by

Assume Positive Intent

Current Employee - Administrative in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Administrative in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Super Supplements full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Super Supplements was a fast growing and fun place to work. Most employees had an opportunity to make a difference and work was collaborative.

Cons

Super Supplements has been sold to Vitamin Shoppe and the corporate take-over nightmare begins. Most office employees will be fired but the distribution center remains and takes over distribution for the 17 Vitamin Shoppe stores in the area.

Advice to Management

It was pretty unfair to continue to hire when you were working to sell the company.

2. Super Supplements provided me a wonderful opportunity to grow my skills.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I worked at Super Supplements full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Amazing team of people to work with.
    Laid back culture.
    Ability to work with minimal manager over-site.
    Great on-boarding process that made you feel part of the team right away.
    Original and fun yearly awards.
    Great supplement knowledge training for retail employees.

Cons

Compensation and bonuses were not that super.

Advice to Management

Provide more training opportunities outside of just supplement knowledge training.

3. Great place to grow

Current Employee - Current Super Sup Employee in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Current Super Sup Employee in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Super Supplements full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Lots of training (product and procedural training from headquarters)
    Competitive pay for retail
    No pressure to sell specific products at retail
    Teams are like family

Cons

Equipment and systems need to be upgraded, procedures always changing (we have training to support this, but it can be frustrating for us and customers)

Advice to Management

Maintain the culture that we have worked hard to create/maintain

5. Not the best experience with upper management

Current Employee - Manager in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Manager in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Super Supplements full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great trainings and lots of free products

Cons

Company does not live their values

6. Good place to work ,and to build experience.

Current Employee - Distribution Center Specialist in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Distribution Center Specialist in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Super Supplements full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Promote within the company, people are nice, both inside the Warehouse and HQ.

Cons

favoritism, bias, and those in leadership positions power trip sometimes.

Advice to Management

At the warehouse level, please stop playing favoritism, and promote those who put in the most significant amount of efforts, and performance.

7. Super Supplements is SUPER! Passion, Knowledge, Team Work, Solid Management

Current Employee - Management in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Management in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Super Supplements full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Evolving and ever growing local NW OWNED company with a strong focus on product education, customer service, team professional development, with competitive pay.Management is open to employees ideas and always listens to concerns.

Cons

Struggles with Buying Dept., WH and distribution have caused some hiccups with product availibility. There is a need to improve backend support computer systems and this is improving as the company grows and the right people are hired to get the job done. There are always growing pains with a company that is experiencing solid growth year after year.

Advice to Management

Continue to focus improving employee benefits and support programs. Continue also to improve manager training to better equip them to do thier jobs and take care of thier team members and customers.

Not Super at all!!

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Super Supplements full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Good Discount
    Good co-workers
    okay training needs improvement

Cons

Poor pay
    Very very demanding Management
    Poor Management
    Poor wages
    Poor benefits
    Poor growth within the company
    Poor values
    Joke raises
    Even HQ is run very poorly
    Always out stock in many products
    Bad service to customer because of turn-over within the company
    Long term Super supplement will lose againt GNC and others because it is NO different maybe even Worst, because of their dishonetly and bad treatment of workers and customers will go somewhere else

Advice to Management

Treat workers like grown-ups
    Pay workers a fair wage for all the knowledge that is required, this not a regular retail setting at all
    Your culture statements are inaccurate.
    Reward your workers for their hard work and deep knowledge in the field, it better your sales and customer service level too
    Have long term vision is honest and real
    Lead by example and actions not just nice words
    Stop major waste in employee turn-over and the big cost of retraining

terrible management!

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Spokane, WA
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Spokane, WA

I have been working at Super Supplements full-time (more than a year)

Pros

you learn how to supplement your health

Cons

Where do I begin? Management lies because they are running a dictatorship (yet, Super Supplements says their "family"). They claim they have an open door policy yet h.r. laughed in my face when I presented a serious harassment issue. They love to throw around the phrase positive intent. Poor, poor pay. I started out at 10.50. I found out that new employees (that I was training) started out at $12! Merit raises have been on hold for a year yet mgmt. always tells you they're working on it. After 1 year of work you get a .37 cent raise (please, what an insult). If you want smoke blown up your you know what then this is the job for you. Oh, and totally incompetent mgmt. and small town regional manager who likes to keep his "boys club" nice and tight. Bottom line, Super Supplements doesn't care about their employees-they talk the talk.

Advice to Management

out with the evil already. What do you want me to tell customers when they ask why such high turnover? Bring in new and fresh product already. If you don't address the issues and start taking care of your employees your company is going to sink. I don't care how many stores you have and how low your prices are.

10. Good, local company

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Super Supplements

Pros

They believe in a good work-life balance. Employees are really nice, both at the stores and the HQ. Lots of free products and opportunities for professional development.

Cons

Health benefits could be improved. Sales associates don't get paid enough. Constant frustration with products not getting to the stores that need them.

Advice to Management

Sales associates should get paid more per hour because they are required to know a lot about the products. They do get monthly and quarterly bonuses though. Improve supply chain.

Be Careful

I worked at Super Supplements

Pros

This company has a lot of growth potential in terms of the type of people it employs and the systems it utilizes. A great deal of open mindedness about who is chosen to interview. Good opportunities for clerical level employees to obtain jobs that are probably higher level than they could normally obtain elsewhere.

Cons

Very domineering upper management that does not allow free communication among departments making it hard to collaborate and get things accomplished, fairly backward. Informal Motto communicated daily by the current company president is "we hire you for how smart you are, but we fire you for who you are", rather intimidating from the get go. In the interview process much emphasis is placed on "we operate as a family". Once you are on the inside, that statement is an exclusionary tactic, you aren't really part of the "family" if you are new to the company. The company employs clerical level staff or people without much supply chain expertise, and has some leadership roles filled by inexperienced people in key areas of supply chain management. The phrase "you have to expect low salaries in the retail industry" is used often and director level employees complain about their salary levels openly. The systems chosen are good ones, however integration is a problem since those potentially problematic areas should be managed by trained, experienced Enterprise System professionals. Very gossipy in the main office contributed to by upper management. They have a 60-day probationary period so if you are drawing unemployment and you are terminated, you will lose your benefits entirely.

Advice to Management

Hire competent people, evaluate your domineering leadership style. That website delivers the same products at much lower prices and less shipping cost as well. Your culture statements are inaccurate.

Super Supplements Photos

Employee Appreciation Party Superstars!

+ Add Photo