SuperAmerica

Updated August 8, 2014
Updated August 8, 2014
2.2

CEO

Super America was a great experience.

Current Employee - SALES CLERK  in  Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - SALES CLERK in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at SuperAmerica full-time for more than a year

Pros

It was actually hands on, and the people made me feel welcome.

Cons

Being a math expert, it gave me lots of practice.

My co-workers were great but upper management is completely out of touch.

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative

I have been working at SuperAmerica full-time for more than a year

Pros

The CSR's (Customer Service Representatives) and store management that I have worked with have mostly been great. Many of the regular customers are also awesome and I wouldn't be able to handle this job without them!

Cons

Upper management is completely out of touch. Some of our best employees have been fired in the last year and replaced with complete idiots if they were replaced at all. I have ended up working 16 hour shifts back to back because there was no one else.

The equipment is all old and outdated and very cheap. Even the toilets don't work correctly, so the restrooms always smell but maintenance spending can't be approved. Pay is dismal. We are extremely busy so there is plenty of money available but this company has no ability to think long term.

There is little or no training. Every month or two we get a new District Manager with completely new policies, policies which are used to justify firing some of our best employees as scapegoats even though these employees were never made aware of said policies due to horrible communication. These policies also serve to drive away customers, who take out their anger on regular employees who have no say in these policies.

Sell this company to someone who is capable of respecting the employees and respecting themselves.

CEO makes corporate employees the company song solo says it all

Current Employee - PC Technician  in  Woodbury, MN
    Current Employee - PC Technician in Woodbury, MN

I have been working at SuperAmerica as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

They do pay employees, so they are not crooked like companies who don't pay employees.

Cons

The culture of this company is horrible. The pay is terrible. They give no flexibility between work and life balance. They say things are OK one moment and you pay for it later. This is by far the worst company I ever worked for.

Stop being so secretive and say on your web site one of your culture values at corporate is employees sing your song doing a solo.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Crew trainee

I have been working at SuperAmerica

Pros

There is a lot to learn and grow from career wise.

Cons

The stores communication chains are week, and so is the managements leadership.

Not a great place to work

I worked at SuperAmerica

Pros

Many great people work very hard at this company and give their all. Not sure if anyone really cares.

Cons

Very low pay, poor (if any) training and harsh management. Not a great place to start any career. Also long hours.

Get new management.

Coworkers were like family

I worked at SuperAmerica

Pros

Got along with everyone I worked with. The job wasn't very hard, regular customers were nice and fun to talk to.

Cons

Company isn't very good. Hard to defend a company that doesn't care about their image. I worked 40 hours a week for over 5 months and they refused to consider me as "full time" so to avoid paying benefits.

Start taking care of your people and they will help to take better care of your stores.

No discounts, little pay, a lot of hours

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative

I worked at SuperAmerica part-time for less than a year

Pros

Meet a lot of people, regulars are so funny, you'll start to favor a few.

Cons

Throwing out food, one of the hardest things ever! especially in a packed store

donate donate donate! or at least half price the bakery items

not a job to rely on

Former Employee - Cashier  in  Maplewood, MN
    Former Employee - Cashier in Maplewood, MN

I worked at SuperAmerica full-time for more than a year

Pros

not much,you meet interesting people on overnight shifts and cool coworkers

Cons

they don't care about anyone,you sneeze in the wrong direction your fired,its just easier for them to fire someone and hire a new person than to put any research into problems

pull your heads out of your **s you fire good employees for minor little details,and weed out your racist managers,the manager fired me to bring all his buddys in and you didn't even notice when the store went to all African people and 1 maybe 2 other people I wont be surprised when you disapear like bp did

Hard Somewhat Thankless Job That Lacks Intellectual Stimulation

Former Employee - Store Management
    Former Employee - Store Management

I worked at SuperAmerica full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good benefits. Always busy so time passes quickly. Primarily good hearted people both staff and consumer. Networking with customers and local businesses. It is a form of employment that is in demand so, there is a modicum of job security. Some room for advancement.

Cons

Poor antiquated training and business model. Robitic, repetitive, and endless tasks. very old or poor quality equipment. Zero recognition or acknowledgement. Long and unstable hours. High turnover (think running a daycare center). Little room for improvement. Limited resources. Few rewards.

Flatten the ranks and distribute managerial manpower more laterally, consistently, and competitively thus creating a support network that is available to participate. Allow front line management greater flexibility with their labor hours and increase labor atleast 5% across all phases thus making the job successful vs. a race to failure. Improve both intangible and tangible benefits (e.g. recognition and rewards). Decrease the marketing implementation schedule and improve all logistics to bring promotional efforts inline with their requsite roll out. Stabilize logistics and labor to create synergy as opposed to the status quo (panic and haste).

Better Jobs Out there

Current Employee - Co-Manager  in  Saint Paul, MN
    Current Employee - Co-Manager in Saint Paul, MN

I have been working at SuperAmerica full-time for more than a year

Pros

Customers can be fun. Many oppurtunities for promotions. Holiday pay is double time.

Cons

Terrible Pay for excessive amount of work. Policies Constantly changing. Bonus is minimal and does little to motivate. Management cannot hire their own staff or control rate of pay, which produces a very weak staff. Store Managers are given way too many daily tasks that often make it difficult to focus on customer service. Staffing hours minimal, forces management to pick up slack.

Motivate better quality of employees to work for this company by offering more. Employees and managers alike have to deal with ALOT! I have worked for numerous companies and have never dealt with a more high stress atmosphere in my life, and the rewards for the effort are non-existent. Focus on keeping better quality employees.

Worked for SuperAmerica? Contribute to the Community!