SuperAmerica

www.superamerica.com

SuperAmerica Reviews

Updated Jun 27, 2014
SuperAmerica – Minneapolis – “SA”

SuperAmerica – Minneapolis – “SA”

No discounts, little pay, a lot of hours

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee)

ProsMeet a lot of people, regulars are so funny, you'll start to favor a few.

ConsThrowing out food, one of the hardest things ever! especially in a packed store

Advice to Senior Managementdonate donate donate! or at least half price the bakery items

Crew trainee

ProsThere is a lot to learn and grow from career wise.

ConsThe stores communication chains are week, and so is the managements leadership.

CEO makes corporate employees the company song solo says it all

PC Technician (Current Employee) Woodbury, MN

ProsThey do pay employees, so they are not crooked like companies who don't pay employees.

ConsThe culture of this company is horrible. The pay is terrible. They give no flexibility between work and life balance. They say things are OK one moment and you pay for it later. This is by far the worst company I ever worked for.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop being so secretive and say on your web site one of your culture values at corporate is employees sing your song doing a solo.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Coworkers were like family

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGot along with everyone I worked with. The job wasn't very hard, regular customers were nice and fun to talk to.

ConsCompany isn't very good. Hard to defend a company that doesn't care about their image. I worked 40 hours a week for over 5 months and they refused to consider me as "full time" so to avoid paying benefits.

Advice to Senior ManagementStart taking care of your people and they will help to take better care of your stores.

Not a great place to work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsMany great people work very hard at this company and give their all. Not sure if anyone really cares.

ConsVery low pay, poor (if any) training and harsh management. Not a great place to start any career. Also long hours.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet new management.

not a job to rely on

Cashier (Former Employee) Maplewood, MN

Prosnot much,you meet interesting people on overnight shifts and cool coworkers

Consthey don't care about anyone,you sneeze in the wrong direction your fired,its just easier for them to fire someone and hire a new person than to put any research into problems

Advice to Senior Managementpull your heads out of your **s you fire good employees for minor little details,and weed out your racist managers,the manager fired me to bring all his buddys in and you didn't even notice when the store went to all African people and 1 maybe 2 other people I wont be surprised when you disapear like bp did

Hard Somewhat Thankless Job That Lacks Intellectual Stimulation

Store Management (Former Employee)

ProsGood benefits. Always busy so time passes quickly. Primarily good hearted people both staff and consumer. Networking with customers and local businesses. It is a form of employment that is in demand so, there is a modicum of job security. Some room for advancement.

ConsPoor antiquated training and business model. Robitic, repetitive, and endless tasks. very old or poor quality equipment. Zero recognition or acknowledgement. Long and unstable hours. High turnover (think running a daycare center). Little room for improvement. Limited resources. Few rewards.

Advice to Senior ManagementFlatten the ranks and distribute managerial manpower more laterally, consistently, and competitively thus creating a support network that is available to participate. Allow front line management greater flexibility with their labor hours and increase labor atleast 5% across all phases thus making the job successful vs. a race to failure. Improve both intangible and tangible benefits (e.g. recognition and rewards). Decrease the marketing implementation schedule and improve all logistics to bring promotional efforts inline with their requsite roll out. Stabilize logistics and labor to create synergy as opposed to the status quo (panic and haste).

Better Jobs Out there

Co-Manager (Current Employee) Saint Paul, MN

ProsCustomers can be fun. Many oppurtunities for promotions. Holiday pay is double time.

ConsTerrible Pay for excessive amount of work. Policies Constantly changing. Bonus is minimal and does little to motivate. Management cannot hire their own staff or control rate of pay, which produces a very weak staff. Store Managers are given way too many daily tasks that often make it difficult to focus on customer service. Staffing hours minimal, forces management to pick up slack.

Advice to Senior ManagementMotivate better quality of employees to work for this company by offering more. Employees and managers alike have to deal with ALOT! I have worked for numerous companies and have never dealt with a more high stress atmosphere in my life, and the rewards for the effort are non-existent. Focus on keeping better quality employees.

Low pay, high responsibility and accountability

Co-Manager (Current Employee) Minneapolis, MN

ProsGood people and a few good regular customers. You always know when gas prices are at their best to buy. Store managers are good hearted people who work very hard at an uphill battle.

ConsA few customers show you the best of humanity, most customers leave no impression, but many customers show you the worst of humanity. Always on the look out for people stealing gas and retail products. The "normal" people you never see as they either pay at the pump or quietly just pick up their energy drink on the way to work. Unfornately the ones who make the impression are those who are trying to steal or scam you or simply treat you like someone working a gas station isn't worth giving the time of day. Many responsibilities to prevent stealing and create a positive customer experience but never enough staff to allow for the time to do so.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou can still hold people accountable and expect a high work ethic while still demonstrating that you value their efforts through better pay and bonus structure as well as sufficient staff to meet the demands of the business.

3rd Shift Was Easy

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsEasy going for most the shift, interesting customers

ConsLast hour of the shift was a hassle (flood of customers)

Worked for SuperAmerica? Contribute to the Community!