SuperPartners

Updated Jul 22, 2014

Peter McNeil

13 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

People/Quality oriented Culture

Consultant (Current Employee) Melbourne (Australia)

ProsPretty much everything you could wish for in terms of culture: nice people, fun, very supportive, and open to ideas.
    Good work/life balance too compared to previous companies I have worked for.
    Very focused on quality, service and members.

ConsA little 'reactive' sometimes rather than 'proactive'
    Some Areas/Leaders are better tham others - although most are good.

Advice to Senior ManagementEnsure communications gets cascaded down
    Protect/Support the 'People" culture and values everyone loves

Great team environment and work life balance

Administration (Current Employee) Melbourne (Australia)

ProsHaving a young family I need a good balance between my work life and my family life. SP gives me this. I get the challenge I need in my role and I don't have to take work home with me. It's a nice place to come to work. I have a great team and the company values my input and my ideas. We are going through changes but I enjoy change so for me change is a new opportunity.

ConsWe are a company of over 2500 people so there are always challenges. People have different ideas or ways of doing things. The positive side of that is that we are all focused on the same thing and that's the best possible outcome for the member and/or clients.

I mentioned that we are going through changes at the moment and some that is driven from the transformation project running over time and budget. This is one area that could have been better planned.

Advice to Senior ManagementI think the senior management need to be more visible, especially now we are going through these changes. They need to be seen to be on the change journey with the rest of the company.

very challenging

Project Manager (Former Employee) Melbourne (Australia)

Proswork life balance. challenging projects. Atleast within my team, project managers are supportive of their peers. A good company to work for.

Conslacking strong leaders. can't figure out how people not having relevant experience were being promoted to leadership roles. people are not ready to put extra time to meet the deadlines due to the culture of the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease get the right people

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

senior admin

Senior Administrator (Current Employee) Melbourne (Australia)

Proswork life balance and can have RDO

Consneed a better system and set realistic target

I have now been with Superpartners for five years, and I still feel fresh in the role and no real desire to move on.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Melbourne (Australia)

ProsThe biggest draw card for me is the flexibility I have with work/Life balance - it may sound a bit of a cliche but knowing that I can put in that little extra each week, for an RDO is great - and taking the RDO is encouraged.
    I also have the ability to work from home, which allows me to focus on some tasks at hand, without interuption. working one day from home every couple of weeks, really keeps life in persperctive. These two attributes are what keeps my role fresh and invigorated.
    The company has long term vision and goals, and even through challenging times, the focus still is on Quality of Service, and doing your best for a greater outcome.
    Excellent location too!

ConsNot everyone may understand or know how they fit into the scheme of things.
    while the cultural piece is helping to encourge this understanding, I'd like to see more cross function interactions on a social scale, to encourge greater internal face to fact discussion, and trust. nothing like a bit of team spirit to bond the masses.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep the flow of information moving between all levels of the company, dont let it get stuck in the middle layers.
    everyone from the mailroom up is important to the business.

Friendly culture with strong recognition program

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Melbourne (Australia)

ProsEveryone is really friendly and makes you feel welcome. There is good work-life balance.
    There is also a strong recognition program and employees are encouraged to participate. I really enjoy coming to work every day, my colleagues are fantastic and management is open to communication and feedback.

ConsThe technology needs to be updated. More focus on career development and training opportunities.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue with the strong open communication

Loyalty and Proffesional

Recruitment Consultant (Current Employee) Melbourne (Australia)

ProsGreat place to work if you are after work life balance, flexibily and a long standing career. If you give them 100% they will give you 100% back.

ConsThe ability to deal with abiguity. Superparters is going through alot of change and its hard sometimes to keep up with whats going on. You may be working on something one minute and the next minute it may change

Surprised by some of the negative comments

Manager (Current Employee) Melbourne (Australia)

ProsAmazing people; ability to make a difference; fair salary; very good work-life balance; very central location; working for a industry leading organisation; amazing cultural programme.

Surprised by the comment about the Spot-On program being rubbish. What other companies invest so heavily in a program that revolves around it's people and their development as opposed to just something that hits the balance sheet. I say well done to all the staff at Superpartners who invest so much time into making this a better place to work and in providing greater service excellence.

ConsThe admin transformation program seems to be taking longer than expected.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep the Spot On program. Keep the communications going on the future for our company.

Not the place to be if you want to be motivated

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Melbourne (Australia)

ProsRemuneration generally good, good location and stable ongoing work

ConsPoorly managed. Very set in their ways. Bad work culture. No innovation. Most staff lack motivation. Annoying in-house staff engagement programs. Outsourcing of all development to vendors. Projects always rushed and badly planned by poor Project Management staff.

Advice to Senior ManagementStart innovating. Branch out. Stop wasting money on one failed vendor project after another. Hire new people with new vision and bring back work in-house. cut out the extra layers of middle/upper management and bring in more do'ers.

No focus on career development, do not deliver on promises, out-dated technology/behind the times

Funds Administrator (Current Employee) Melbourne (Australia)

ProsFlexible working start and finish times - work/life balance.
    Some good people work here but unfortunately not many in senior management

ConsVery much a "who you know" not "what you know" culture
    Lack of recognition for hard work
    No commitment to quality of work, focus is on quantity results in many breaches of privacy and costly mistakes
    Lowest paying company in the industry
    Senior management very much a part of "blame culture" and have witnessed public scrutiny of employees - embarrassing and stressful for that individual
    High number of unpaid hours worked, becoming an expected part of the work culture.
    High staff turnover

Advice to Senior ManagementThere is a lot of focus on internal programs "Spot-On Initiative" "SPirit Program" and avenues for employees to voice opinions, but no commitment to follow-up/through on results of these initiatives, a lot of potential in these programs that is missed.
    If you are going to hold your employees accountable for lack of quality in work and have complaints and costly breaches and mistakes as a result, change the culture and processes to focus on this rather than pushing through quantity.
    Look at the real reasons behind why you have such a high staff turnover.

Worked for SuperPartners? Contribute to the Community!