SuperPartners Reviews

Updated July 18, 2015
31 reviews filtered by
  • Melbourne, Australia Area (Australia)
  • Any Status
Employment Status

Reset
3.6
Peter McNeil

1. RIP Superpartners

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Melbourne (Australia)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Melbourne (Australia)

I worked at SuperPartners (More than 5 years)

Pros

Was a great company, strong culture, good working conditions, communication was strong

Cons

But it died when taken over by Link... Communication was dumped, people let go by the droves, culture destroyed.

2. Was good, now destroyed by Link takeover

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Melbourne (Australia)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Melbourne (Australia)

I have been working at SuperPartners

Pros

Superpartners WAS a great place to work in terms of opportunities, pay and benefits, access to senior management and company ethos. It was taken over last year by Link Group and all the good people were either sacked or have left. Very few of the old "pros" remain and no new ones.

Cons

Lack of vision, lack of communication to staff, no career development paths.

3. Superpartners - Toxic dinosaur

Former Employee - Innovation and Technology (IT) in Melbourne (Australia)
    Former Employee - Innovation and Technology (IT) in Melbourne (Australia)

I worked at SuperPartners full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Industry standard remuneration. Nothing more.

Cons

Toxic work culture, siloed defensive/aggressive team structure, excessive workload.

Advice to Management

A change in work culture needs to start from the top. Executives living company brands would be the first step to addressing Toxic behaviours.

5. Superaprtners

Current Employee - Case Manager in Melbourne (Australia)
    Current Employee - Case Manager in Melbourne (Australia)

I have been working at SuperPartners full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Was a very customer focused employer at the beginning, very people friendly, great work/life balance mentality and pay was generous.

Cons

became very micro managing, management focused on saving their own backside instead of supporting their staff.

Advice to Management

Please focus more on your staff than yourself, reward staff that constantly put the company before their own family.

6. Consultant - SP

Current Employee - Customer Service Consultant in Melbourne (Australia)
    Current Employee - Customer Service Consultant in Melbourne (Australia)

I have been working at SuperPartners full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good CBD location, good hours and overtime paid, casual business and casual friday, great team atmosphere and overall culture. Very good rewards program and employee benefits.

Cons

Communication between front-line contact centre and administrative functions is bad. Workload is quite overwhelming sometimes and there are lots of inefficiencies as the business still seems to be overstaffed.

Advice to Management

Administrative structure needs a complete overhaul.

A fantastic company who is driven by fantastic people who believe in delivering service excellence to our members.

Current Employee - Team Manager in Melbourne (Australia)
    Current Employee - Team Manager in Melbourne (Australia)

I have been working at SuperPartners full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The positive mindset through our SPot-ON! program, great R&R through Applaud and internal promotions first and foremost - flexible work hours.

Cons

Layers of duplication created by mulitple systems which dont talk to each other. The wasted years and money spent on flawed system inititatives when we could have bought an adequate product off the shelf. We need to remember what we are good at and that is managing superannuation and insurance services for millions of Australians and leave the building of systems to someone else.

Advice to Management

We need to remember what we are good at and that is managing superannuation and insurance services for millions of Australians and leave the building of systems to someone else. I am certain there are systems that will suit our business that will also remove system duplication and enable our people to deliver a better service - it might be time to swallow our pride.

Extremely Positive

Current Employee - Transitions Coordinator in Melbourne (Australia)
    Current Employee - Transitions Coordinator in Melbourne (Australia)

I have been working at SuperPartners full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great, positive working environment. Clear processes. Opportunity to learn and grow your career. Flexibility. Staff benefits. Office Location.

Cons

Sometimes can be lost in the shuffle, but that’s more a responsibility of the employee, rather than the company. Current uncertainty of jobs and general future of the company as changes are being made.

Advice to Management

Take care of your staff that have been loyal to you and served you well over a long period of time.

Best company i have had the pleasure of working for.

Current Employee - Senior Administrator in Melbourne (Australia)
    Current Employee - Senior Administrator in Melbourne (Australia)

I have been working at SuperPartners full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The culture at Superpartners is what keeps me here. The huge focus on people is really what it's all about. Not feeling like just another number and a valuable member of the team. The applaud reward and recognition is a great system. Spot On! which was introduced 5/6yrs ago now has played a pivotal part of the SuperPartners culture and it works in every aspect, behaviours and processes. Very flexible with working hours.

Cons

The system constraints are probably the biggest negative and having to work with so much paper instead of having an imaging system. I dont believe compared to other companies in the same industry that SuperPartners offer a competetive salary. Training is also not very good here, the admin teams are always having to do buddy training within the team even though we have a dedicated training teams. Need to make quality and customer excellence a higher priority then quanity.

Advice to Management

Make people accountable for their role. Outline roles and responsibilities so there is no double up of what people are doing. Have a better review and bonus system as there are a lot of hard working people here and getting a standard across the board bonus isnt a great feeling after working your guts off for the last 12mths.

This is my fourth stint with the Company and I like to think that it has been a win-win situation

Current Employee - IT Analyst in Melbourne (Australia)
    Current Employee - IT Analyst in Melbourne (Australia)

I have been working at SuperPartners full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

One of the best reasons for working with SuperPartners is the culture. No matter what is going on, there is always some one there to help support you and to listen to you. I only have to talk to my Manager about what is happening outside of work and there has never been an issue with changing start and end times to fit in with the family. The team I work with are very engaged and open in conversations. I have built up many relationships within the Company and this makes coming to work every day a pleasure.

Cons

The day to day challenge is to keep up with changes occurring in the technology space and keep abreast of upcoming new features/enhancements.

Advice to Management

Everyone's work life is very busy and we have formal activities to download information to staff but it would be great for Executives, Senior Leader Group members as well as Business Unit Managers to spend some time walking around the floors and saying hello and spending some time with people.

Investing in people

Current Employee - Trainer in Melbourne (Australia)
    Current Employee - Trainer in Melbourne (Australia)

I have been working at SuperPartners full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Fast paced industry, with legislation dictating deadlines. This prevents boredom. A great company to learn, adapt and grow with the changes.

Cons

Due to fast pace and short deadlines, leaves little time to personally grow and develop. All growth is professional growth, this leaves little time for work/life balance. Majority of managers are good at getting results for higher management. However, may forget to guide and assist staff with their daily tasks, or reaching their goals.

Advice to Management

We focus on a Spot-on culture on improving the business and processes. However, i believe that we should also focus on senior roles (Seniors, TL, Managers) on improving themselves. Learning to direct people and guide them. I find that advice is given for staff to adapt their work style to meet their managers, this should go both ways.

RSS Feed </> Embed